View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Merdinh
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i know i'm not going to explain this well because i don't totally understand it but...

if the rom you're flashing doesn't have it's own splash included, it will keep the one already in memory. and all the hard resets in the world won't let you go back to stock unless you flash back to stock splash.

someone that really knows what they're talking about on this, can i get a little help please? i was just winging it.

yea thats true, the splash screen which is the first hardware screen to popup is separate from the rom just like the Radio, but both can also be built into a rom like carriers do, my rom does not contain a splash screen so it uses the default screen on the phone whichever was there last, so if you flash a rom with a splash screen then that screen will remain there until you flash another splash screen on the rom just like you would flash a rom and radio, you can use that file posted eralier just like stated, name it Raphing and put it on your sd card then run bootloader and flash the splash screen.