PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BPO22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 26, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.0 with *Manila 2* (Build 21040 MerdinH)UC

hey guys, first off Merdin my carrier is SPRINT ... (regarding the internet glitch) ...

My new phone is on the UPS truck and should be here any minute now, please let me know when I should hit 4.0 up on my new phone! THANKS!

A flaw I found is the following ....
When you receive a text and go to reply .. when you are finished it still shows the text as unread ... you have to go into the all messages, click that text and make sure you select that text in order to change it to read. That is something priors did not have a prob with.

This ROM is kick *** once these little things are touched up. THANKS!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

flyguycali is a n00b

I am dealing with a love-hate relationship with this new ROM. I love the new Manila but I am getting the internet problem, and it comes and goes at random it seems. I am also having a problem with the clock. I am on the west coast , pacific time zone and the clock keeps updating to an hour earlier. Am I missing a daylight savings time setting or something? When I ask it to time sync with the phone, it immediately rolls back 1 hour.

I am also having some tethering issues while trying to bluetooth tether to my mac. The 3.95 I was using tethered flawlessly (i wasn't able to tether with 3.4 via bluetooth either.)

I am trying to decide if I should stick it out, or roll back to 3.95. I wasn't having any issues other than the little common ones that didn't bother me.

Thanks Merdin for working so hard. I have been using your ROms exclusively because they do end up working the best!

One other thing... When using the task manager (upper right X box), and ask it to close everything... it closes EVERYTHING, including the manila. I never had that before. The manila doesn't reload, just hangs and requires a reboot.

Last edited by flyguycali; 03-26-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguycali View Post
I am dealing with a love-hate relationship with this new ROM. I love the new Manila but I am getting the internet problem, and it comes and goes at random it seems. I am also having a problem with the clock. I am on the west coast , pacific time zone and the clock keeps updating to an hour earlier. Am I missing a daylight savings time setting or something? When I ask it to time sync with the phone, it immediately rolls back 1 hour.

I am also having some tethering issues while trying to bluetooth tether to my mac. The 3.95 I was using tethered flawlessly (i wasn't able to tether with 3.4 via bluetooth either.)

I am trying to decide if I should stick it out, or roll back to 3.95. I wasn't having any issues other than the little common ones that didn't bother me.

Thanks Merdin for working so hard. I have been using your ROms exclusively because they do end up working the best!

One other thing... When using the task manager (upper right X box), and ask it to close everything... it closes EVERYTHING, including the manila. I never had that before. The manila doesn't reload, just hangs and requires a reboot.
The clock issue is a known problem with the Manila2 port at this point in time. Your only solution is to disable auto time sync in settings-phone-services and then set your time zone on the world clock. After that it should stay where you put it!

As far as taskmanager closing manila, you need to add it to the exclusive programs list, and then it won't show up anymore. The program is Start (manil2.exe)
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Last edited by parkjam; 03-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM
N00b

flyguycali is a n00b

Ok thanks for the help. I also am fighting other issues but I will wait to see if others develop similar issues. It might be me messing up my usb connections to my computer trying to solve the tethering issues.

When I connect my phone to the computer, it automatically opens internet sharing and no longer asks me what type of connection I want to make with the computer. I don't know how to get it to ask me again.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 PM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you check the box that says don't ask again? Because that will prevent that message from displaying. The only thing I know how to combat that is to Hardreset your phone again. If anyone no another way please respond.

ALi
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:43 PM
N00b

flyguycali is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
Did you check the box that says don't ask again? Because that will prevent that message from displaying. The only thing I know how to combat that is to Hardreset your phone again. If anyone no another way please respond.

ALi
If I did check it I did not mean to do it. I'm afraid however that you might be right. I don't know how to reverse that or open it to check to see if its checked. I did however go to settings/connections/USB to PC and the box is checked that says "Ask me first about the USB connection type..." so something should still pop up and ask me I would think.

Thanks for responding, Ali.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

shawn.pink is a n00b

I have net and everything my poblem is the slide out keyboard will not work at all
Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn.pink View Post
I have net and everything my poblem is the slide out keyboard will not work at all
Sad to say that most of the time a problem with slide out keyboard turns out to be hardware related.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguycali View Post
If I did check it I did not mean to do it. I'm afraid however that you might be right. I don't know how to reverse that or open it to check to see if its checked. I did however go to settings/connections/USB to PC and the box is checked that says "Ask me first about the USB connection type..." so something should still pop up and ask me I would think.

Thanks for responding, Ali.
Did you try a soft reset after making sure it was set to ask about connection type?

On a side note, as opposed to saying thanks to Ali, hit that green button!

Last edited by parkjam; 03-26-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
N00b

flyguycali is a n00b

I gave up... Hard reset and its back to normal..... internet problem still present however before I added my stuff back on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development