PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg407 View Post
Hi, I am using the new WhiteRootRom and it is great. I was wondering if anyone could help me as I would love to use the taskbar icons and slider icons in images attached to this message (found on Dusk thread in xda) but I could not find any cab for these icons. I was able to change the softkey bar but could not understand a lot of the Dusk site and how things worked and if these icons were available. I am not a newbie but I am not a developer. self taught user.

Is it possible for me to use these icons? I actually liked the wallpaper too.

Also, anyone else having problems with the lock screen? I updated to cookies 1.8.5 home editor versions. I have used it before and worked great. I select to activate lock screen as in the past but I only get an UNLOCK button on bottom of screen. It locks the screen but it does not change to one of the 3 lock screens in cookies app.

Thank you for any help!
Hey you might can find that taskbar in this thread or something very very similar. Or you can look up some of the tsowen taskbars. Just go to google and type in 6.5.x wm taskbar ppcgeeks I am sure you will find that one or something similar to it there.

I am running the 1.8.5 cookies also I ran this on the Darkroot and it worked perfectly. I think I might know the issue though I think that one of the other locks might be affecting it. I want have a chance to test this today or probably not tomorrow but if you are willing you can test it yourself.

Go in the kitchen and there is something called lock EA or something like that make it false. I am thinking this is what is affecting the cookies lock I might be wrong but I will test myself once I get the time.

If you are willing to test let me know how it goes but I got to reflash as I forgot to include something on what I thought would be my final White until I learned how to cook things into the kitchen.

I will post my results once I get a chance to test.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bg407 is a n00b
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
Hey you might can find that taskbar in this thread or something very very similar. Or you can look up some of the tsowen taskbars. Just go to google and type in 6.5.x wm taskbar ppcgeeks I am sure you will find that one or something similar to it there.

I am running the 1.8.5 cookies also I ran this on the Darkroot and it worked perfectly. I think I might know the issue though I think that one of the other locks might be affecting it. I want have a chance to test this today or probably not tomorrow but if you are willing you can test it yourself.

Go in the kitchen and there is something called lock EA or something like that make it false. I am thinking this is what is affecting the cookies lock I might be wrong but I will test myself once I get the time.

If you are willing to test let me know how it goes but I got to reflash as I forgot to include something on what I thought would be my final White until I learned how to cook things into the kitchen.

I will post my results once I get a chance to test.
thank you so much for the info. I found some that I like but I need to know if the new WhiteRootRom has compressed manila or uncompressed manila. Do you happen to know?

I appreciate the info on the locking but I tried to look at the Kitchen and just too confusing for me. Do you know anything about Throttlelock and if I install it would installation turn off the locker currently being used?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thank you so much for the info. I found some that I like but I need to know if the new WhiteRootRom has compressed manila or uncompressed manila. Do you happen to know?

I appreciate the info on the locking but I tried to look at the Kitchen and just too confusing for me. Do you know anything about Throttlelock and if I install it would installation turn off the locker currently being used?
Compressed or uncompressed hmmmm! I don't know that one. I think Root or one of the experts will have to answer this one. I would say try searching compressed and uncompressed with the thread tools and see if you get a hit. I think someone would have had to ask this question when GTX started using cookies 1.7.1 as you need to know that to use it.

I tried the new most current throttle lock about three or four days ago, and to be honest you are going to have that unlock button at the bottom like you are seeing now and when you hit unlock throttle lock screen will appear as opposed to the tap here to unlock screen appears now.

I think it should override the other lock screen but I think you definitely have to have the cookies lock turned off.

I will try to figure out how to get the 1.8 lock screen thing to work tomorrow if I get a chance to.

Hope this info help!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

Root Roms are CFC Compressed iirc
Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqaface View Post
hi,

does anyone know how can can

1) remove the sliding notifications thing at the top of the screen that appears when i click the taskbar

2) replace it with the HTC notifications screen that lists everything on one page that I can dismiss, etc...

Thanks, been using the rom for months and i love it. no need for me to switch to droid....

try this for your 2nd question...not sure if this is what you're looking for.

http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...26&postcount=1

Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I believe you can use throttle lock but you need to make sure to go into CHT editor and disable cookie lockscreen.

I saw that you had a question about the wallpaper and the way GTX is set up, you cannot change the wallpaper. Energy managed to change the wallpaper by adding his signature logo but I think the setting is in homeservice.dll and i am not sure if you need the kitchen to make that change.

Going back to taskbars, did you find what you were looking for? As long as the taskbar creator says they are compatible with 2011/2012 manila, you should be okay. Compressed or uncompressed shouldn't matter...
EDIT: forgot to mention you need to install the correct sdkcerts too!

Last edited by christian.a; 07-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bg407 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
I believe you can use throttle lock but you need to make sure to go into CHT editor and disable cookie lockscreen.

I saw that you had a question about the wallpaper and the way GTX is set up, you cannot change the wallpaper. Energy managed to change the wallpaper by adding his signature logo but I think the setting is in homeservice.dll and i am not sure if you need the kitchen to make that change.

Going back to taskbars, did you find what you were looking for? As long as the taskbar creator says they are compatible with 2011/2012 manila, you should be okay. Compressed or uncompressed shouldn't matter...
Thank you. I found slider icons here http://tp2.bfgreenberg.com/createyourown_compressed.htm

and you have to choose uncompressed or compressed. there are a lot of choices. I have not tried them yet. I turned the lock off in CHT editor since it never worked for me. When I lock the phone it locks on home page and has little unlock button at bottom. Actually works fine. I may stick with it or try Dinik's locker and see if that changes things. It is pretty.

Could there be any app or setting which makes display of phone go black and the only way for it to unfreeze is to do a soft reset? neither power button nor any other button does anything. I have to soft reset to get the display and buttons working again. Thanks again to everyone for helping.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thank you. I found slider icons here http://tp2.bfgreenberg.com/createyourown_compressed.htm

and you have to choose uncompressed or compressed. there are a lot of choices. I have not tried them yet. I turned the lock off in CHT editor since it never worked for me. When I lock the phone it locks on home page and has little unlock button at bottom. Actually works fine. I may stick with it or try Dinik's locker and see if that changes things. It is pretty.

Could there be any app or setting which makes display of phone go black and the only way for it to unfreeze is to do a soft reset? neither power button nor any other button does anything. I have to soft reset to get the display and buttons working again. Thanks again to everyone for helping.
LOL excuse me for laughing but I think they call that the BSOD (black/blank screen of death) I only have this issue sometimes mainly caused when I am try to exit text messaging after responding. I normally try sliding keyboard out or pressing the area where the taskbar should be which is normally white or the header for what ever is running in the background and it starts back working for me sometimes unless i get irritated i just SR.

I think mine is caused by text message overload over 3000 currently LOL.

There was probably a page or two discussion about this topic in the thread dont know what the end resolution was but Ik dont know about any apps or settings to fix.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post

i use that Hd wall app that you mentioned back to change mine with white root. I was a little dissapointed at the results but i dont think i put enough effort in it to complain.

With cookies 1.8 on white you can change the background without the hd wall app loving that but dont know if that would still be the case when GTX CHT 1.8 comes out.

Are you still working on that wallpaper you mentioned some pages back? I think it was for GTX.

i am currently in dying need of a landscape wallpaper to flow with my put togetther creation I got going on over here LOL.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

If anyone wanted to run cookies 1.8.5 on White root, in order for you to get the lock screen to work you have to make the following values TRUE in the kitchen under the SYS section:

Lockscreen
LockscreenNonEA

This is very easy to do in the kitchen just duble click the line and it will become true.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium