PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
i use that Hd wall app that you mentioned back to change mine with white root. I was a little dissapointed at the results but i dont think i put enough effort in it to complain.

With cookies 1.8 on white you can change the background without the hd wall app loving that but dont know if that would still be the case when GTX CHT 1.8 comes out.

Are you still working on that wallpaper you mentioned some pages back? I think it was for GTX.

i am currently in dying need of a landscape wallpaper to flow with my put togetther creation I got going on over here LOL.

i was working on GTX animated wallpaper but have been really swamped at work...taking a break right now just to post some replies.

Also, have you noticed that Cookie 1.8 does not have an option to use an animated wallpaper? This is one of the reasons why i'm lagging.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
i was working on GTX animated wallpaper but have been really swamped at work...taking a break right now just to post some replies.

Also, have you noticed that Cookie 1.8 does not have an option to use an animated wallpaper? This is one of the reasons why i'm lagging.
yeah i did notice. I wonder what was the deal with that but then I kinda discarded it because I havent seen any good ones for GTX.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Talking Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

hey guys,

does anyone know anything about this new .500 roms coming out??..... what does this mean? Is .500 suppose to be superior to the current ones?

Last edited by crazycage; 07-05-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
N00b

Prez is a n00b

So, instead of me trying to search for where the "EnableMax" folder is, would someone please tell me? I've downloaded and installed from theis page (http://rootlinux.kaos-incorporated.com/ROMs.html) the "XXXDarkRootLS_04182010_23540 Sense 2.5 2012 with Dusk – Full Landscape" rom and attempted to follow the directions given to install the "MaxDarkRoot"by looking for the "EnableMax" folder in the "Tools" section and there is none.

Is this the correct rom?

Why doesn't the author match the names of the files EXACTLY to the roms listed on the first page to make it easier for downloads?

Thanks for any help.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
So, instead of me trying to search for where the "EnableMax" folder is, would someone please tell me? I've downloaded and installed from theis page (http://rootlinux.kaos-incorporated.com/ROMs.html) the "XXXDarkRootLS_04182010_23540 Sense 2.5 2012 with Dusk – Full Landscape" rom and attempted to follow the directions given to install the "MaxDarkRoot"by looking for the "EnableMax" folder in the "Tools" section and there is none.

Is this the correct rom?

Why doesn't the author match the names of the files EXACTLY to the roms listed on the first page to make it easier for downloads?

Thanks for any help.
Root has not updated the first page in awhile now.

There actually is no longer a xxxdarkroot with max sense, we are currently using Cookies home tab editor not as a substitue i don't want to say but as being better.

Not sure if everyone would agree with that.

The most current dark should have cookies already cooked in it.

Root gave some instructions some pages back on how to create the rom some pages back.

Last edited by money711; 07-06-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Lurker

bg407 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

I am using white rootrom with cookies home tab 1.8.5 and Dinik "Anastasia" slider and taskbar. I used a few other things from this site such as battery saver. I love how it looks and the phone works great when plugged in but on the battery it either freezes or I get BSOD. I constantly have to soft reset to get display working. I have tried different power settings, used the lock screen and turned it off....and the same thing happens....freezes or BSOD but only when using battery. This never happens when plugged in and it does not matter if battery is charged or not.

Any cures? Any suggestions? This is so constant and consistent when on battery so it is making phone impossible to use.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg407 View Post
I am using white rootrom with cookies home tab 1.8.5 and Dinik "Anastasia" slider and taskbar. I used a few other things from this site such as battery saver. I love how it looks and the phone works great when plugged in but on the battery it either freezes or I get BSOD. I constantly have to soft reset to get display working. I have tried different power settings, used the lock screen and turned it off....and the same thing happens....freezes or BSOD but only when using battery. This never happens when plugged in and it does not matter if battery is charged or not.

Any cures? Any suggestions? This is so constant and consistent when on battery so it is making phone impossible to use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

...and I thought I was going crazy. I ran a similar set up and was getting BSOD. Re-flashed back to standard whiteroot, installed 1.8.5, then let sashimi do its thing and no problems. IMO, changing the UI should be done after a fresh install.

hope that helps.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
...and I thought I was going crazy. I ran a similar set up and was getting BSOD. Re-flashed back to standard whiteroot, installed 1.8.5, then let sashimi do its thing and no problems. IMO, changing the UI should be done after a fresh install.

hope that helps.
i wonder why I havent recieved the BSOD often only time I get it is after exiting text messages but the screen dont be black it still have the last conversation on the screen still and then it start back working after like 30 seconds to a minute (to many text messages). I am running cookies and been running it on white since like last week sometime. only a few soft resets was needed and I installed over 10 cabs on the device after cookies and not a constanst sequence of BSOD yet.

Now what is driving me crazy is the backlight pops on or brighter after the phone has been sitting idle for a while anyone seen that issue yet?

Back to BSOD is there any cabs that you two are running that are the same? I dont use shashimi either?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by money711 View Post
i wonder why I havent recieved the BSOD often only time I get it is after exiting text messages but the screen dont be black it still have the last conversation on the screen still and then it start back working after like 30 seconds to a minute (to many text messages). I am running cookies and been running it on white since like last week sometime. only a few soft resets was needed and I installed over 10 cabs on the device after cookies and not a constanst sequence of BSOD yet.

Now what is driving me crazy is the backlight pops on or brighter after the phone has been sitting idle for a while anyone seen that issue yet?

Back to BSOD is there any cabs that you two are running that are the same? I dont use shashimi either?
Yeah... Sorry about not updating the first post.
Been to busy to even play with my EVO much.
Work is crazy right now and my fiance and I together have 4 kids total.
So... yeah.

MaxDarkRoot has been gone for a while.
Cookie IMO is much better with more options.
My kitchen has been posted and you can create MaxRoot with it if you so wished.
If I get time I will pack up the packages for it and an erv file.
Big IF the way work and family is right not.

Glad some of you are using the kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch PRO!
Carrier: Verizon

GrahamHill is just getting started

Couple of quickies...

How can I turn lock screen OFF completely?

How can I turn touch vibrate off?
HTC Touch Pro... (raph800, Alltel) <for sale
Current: Droid Incredible

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium