PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Yeah...it helps when you hand out free devices to a room full of devs LOL!!!!

It was mentioned in the OP announcing the root of the EVO that it won't wotk with the Inc, but there is a bit more uplifting news from acidbath:

See how things pan-out I guess!!
Yeah good luck guys,
Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

WOW... I find it truly amazing that the same company (HTC) and the same OS (Eclair) can be so different under the covers... I am in awe of the devs that figure these things out.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster View Post
WOW... I find it truly amazing that the same company (HTC) and the same OS (Eclair) can be so different under the covers... I am in awe of the devs that figure these things out.
maybe something to do with the carrier...? i don't know, its the only difference i see. hopefully its something the devs will catch soon. can't wait to see root
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Root root root!!!! 5=25=10 update

First post updated with acidbath's latest news....if this guy is legit, we may be just about there!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

root is coming along for you guys. the superboot is done, and your phone is almost rooted. if you have twitter you should follow this guy.

http://twitter.com/PlankLongBeard
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim
root is coming along for you guys. the superboot is done, and your phone is almost rooted. if you have twitter you should follow this guy.

I'm on it thanks (will post thanks when I get to com)

Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Here is the link from PlankLongBeard's Twitter page to the Incredible Superboot img file: http://bit.ly/aygTtK

Question: How do you load the .img file to the phone?

If I helped you, PLease click THANKS!!!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 05-26-2010, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post

Thanks p-slim....I was just about to report this!!

Acidbath reported that Paul over @ Modaco is the source for a superboot (same one???) that he is looking into. Paul is the one that rooted the Desire and is a very credible source, so between the two (or one LOL) we may be just about there!!!!

(still nothing on the other guy claiming root...the forums are still awaiting proof)

P.S. BetaMan...I wouldn't do anything yet unless you really know what your doing, my suggestion would be to do exactly as I am....sitting on all the threads and let the devs research, look at, develope + test. When it is ready for us we will know!!!

edit: Been reading the Tweet page from above and it does look like the same superboot from Paul, so....fingers crossed!!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 05-26-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Root root root!!!! 5-25-10 update

OK....here is a little info for the Android noobies out there (like me)!! I have been reading all the threads/forums I can find on this subject, and here are a few things I have learned about this 'superboot' thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdialchemy View Post
btw, just reading over at modaco... the definition of "superboot" from paul:
He copied (didn't work in a quote):

"Introducing.... Superboot!

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done! "

Now...according to acidbath this is the best 'layman's term' he has seen for this, but adds that it will do all described, but still needs a way to load....that is what they still have to crack, so eventhough there is hope, there is still work to be done!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: Root root root!!!! 5-25-10 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
"Introducing.... Superboot!

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done! "

Now...according to acidbath this is the best 'layman's term' he has seen for this, but adds that it will do all described, but still needs a way to load....that is what they still have to crack, so eventhough there is hope, there is still work to be done!
thanks for the explanation! i am really excited to see progress being made. i only check a couple times a week now, got a new car to play with, so i am not going insane waiting for root like i did for the tp2, haha. i am also in the process of rooting my car, haha, well supercharging it roots style that is. look forward to messing with my incredible like i could with the tp2

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development