View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!! 5-25-10 update

OK....here is a little info for the Android noobies out there (like me)!! I have been reading all the threads/forums I can find on this subject, and here are a few things I have learned about this 'superboot' thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdialchemy View Post
btw, just reading over at modaco... the definition of "superboot" from paul:
He copied (didn't work in a quote):

"Introducing.... Superboot!

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done! "

Now...according to acidbath this is the best 'layman's term' he has seen for this, but adds that it will do all described, but still needs a way to load....that is what they still have to crack, so eventhough there is hope, there is still work to be done!