View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
MrGoodCat
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!! 5-25-10 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
"Introducing.... Superboot!

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done! "

Now...according to acidbath this is the best 'layman's term' he has seen for this, but adds that it will do all described, but still needs a way to load....that is what they still have to crack, so eventhough there is hope, there is still work to be done!
thanks for the explanation! i am really excited to see progress being made. i only check a couple times a week now, got a new car to play with, so i am not going insane waiting for root like i did for the tp2, haha. i am also in the process of rooting my car, haha, well supercharging it roots style that is. look forward to messing with my incredible like i could with the tp2