PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

blair5546 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblair5546 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblair5546 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblair5546 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!! 5-25-10 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askym View Post
LOL I am very surprised this isn't rooted yet! I am staying the week with my brother and he got his Incredible last month. We were hoping that this would be rooted by the time I got here because I have the Hero and have had mine rooted since the first week I got it and am able to run better apps because of this. making my Hero better then his Incredible (better apps....not faster, there is a difference).

Maybe its just the difference between Sprint and Verizon? Evo has already been rooted and its not even out yet....

Get on the ball here Devs LOL
It's really because they gave out 5000 of them to Devs ahead of time, and Verizon had had issues just shipping the Incredibles.
BTW ur lagging on updating the fiirst post man jke
Ohhhh and this is acidbath5546

Cheers!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair5546 View Post
It's really because they gave out 5000 of them to Devs ahead of time, and Verizon had had issues just shipping the Incredibles.
BTW ur lagging on updating the fiirst post man jke
Ohhhh and this is acidbath5546

Cheers!
thanks for working on the root for us bro, we appreciate it!!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work
Incredible has root!!!

Here it is everyone, seems Jake came through on his promise, looks pretty legit to me.

http://alldroid.org/tabid/62/g/posts...OID-FIRST.aspx
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor
Re: Incredible has root!!!

Sweet! Still new to android, so this will be an exciting time for me. Can't wait to start messing around...
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Way to go Jake , got all those dudes eating crow over at xda now.

It's R O O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Way to go Jake , got all those dudes eating crow over at xda now.

It's R O O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Incredible is Rooted???

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
The Incredible is Rooted???
Yes, incredible has root access but I don't think the instructions have been posted, but to answer tour question, someone has root access to the incredible
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There is a new thread over @ XDA that has Jake claiming he has root and will release soon. Still nothing solid, but I like to shy away from the flaming (and it has gotten hot over there) and stay optimistic, so until further notice it looks like we have root!! I will update first post now!!

edit....first post updated, take a look for the thread and what little info we have so far.

Last edited by syrguy1969; 05-31-2010 at 11:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Root root root!!!! 5-31-10 update: It may be here!

man that thread is brutal over there lol. thanks for the updates! cant wait to get some froyo on this phone!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Re: Root root root!!!! 5-31-10 update: It may be here!

Just read through the thread at XDA and MAN! I wouldn't blame Jake if he just said "Screw them!" and rooted HIS phone and didn't give anyone instructions on how to do theirs!

I have no issue with this phone as it is! I WOULD love to get Froyo on it though. It is suposed to be 480% faster! This thing is already blazingly fast. Can't wait to see it on Froyo!

As far as the rooting of the phone is concerned, that's secondary for me. I'm new to Android and Linux in general so I wouldn't know what to do with root access anyway at this present time. I WOULDN'T be flaming the ones that are "rooting" it for those of us that have no clue how! It's WAY over my head currently and probably will remain so. All I can say is Thanks Guys for you hard work and giving up part of your holiday weekend for us grateful noobs!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development