PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

voidunknown is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!! 6-1-10 update: Not yet guys!

Considering this threat has been dead for a week, I'm guessing root isn't happening? At lease not anytime soon. I've checked several places and it seems to me that things are at a stand still.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

eth3rton is becoming a great contributor

Its inevitable...
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The threads may be quiet, but I wouldn't say it isn't happening. There are a lot of guys working on it trying to get root. It just turns out the Incredible is a harder nut to crack than initially thought!!

It will happen....eventually!!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
The threads may be quiet, but I wouldn't say it isn't happening. There are a lot of guys working on it trying to get root. It just turns out the Incredible is a harder nut to crack than initially thought!!

It will happen....eventually!!
im not worried by that time i will have a working rom (on the evo) and it shouldnt be that hard to port it to the incredible!!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

From what i gathered thanks to the Alldroid.org fiasco, there not posting updates anymore until they achieve root. its quite smart that way outsiders don't know what progress they have and post fake info or say they achieved root first etc.

but it does make us Incredible owners antsy when it comes to know how far along they are

just my 2cents

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I agree with NXT, after the past month or so of this I think the serious devs are keeping to themselves (I still have a couple sources I'm talking to though ) until they have something concrete.

I remember when this first started they started the threads hoping it wouldn't degenerate into a flame war like (from what I heard) the Eris root threads did. Well.....we all know how that went!!

If I hear anything I will relay it, but I am laying off the devs and letting them take all the time they need....it doesn't help anyone to pressure them and start wars like we have seen lately!!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
From what i gathered thanks to the Alldroid.org fiasco, there not posting updates anymore until they achieve root. its quite smart that way outsiders don't know what progress they have and post fake info or say they achieved root first etc.

but it does make us Incredible owners antsy when it comes to know how far along they are

just my 2cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I agree with NXT, after the past month or so of this I think the serious devs are keeping to themselves (I still have a couple sources I'm talking to though ) until they have something concrete.

I remember when this first started they started the threads hoping it wouldn't degenerate into a flame war like (from what I heard) the Eris root threads did. Well.....we all know how that went!!

If I hear anything I will relay it, but I am laying off the devs and letting them take all the time they need....it doesn't help anyone to pressure them and start wars like we have seen lately!!
i dont think people understand that devos have lifes outside rooting and hspl and phone in general!! i didnt see the eris war but i did see the tp2 flame war (omg is was so bad it was deleted) i have some thanks post in the thread but no longer can see the thread (trippy its just a thanks posted with no thread name) soon these gifted few are going to stop doing this for u people need to respect them seriously!!

i say learn to do it ur self or sit down shut up and enjoy the ride (or new device)

android devices are not as bad as winmo devices stock so.....
Old 06-09-2010, 11:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900

voidunknown is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i dont think people understand that devos have lifes outside rooting and hspl and phone in general!! i didnt see the eris war but i did see the tp2 flame war (omg is was so bad it was deleted) i have some thanks post in the thread but no longer can see the thread (trippy its just a thanks posted with no thread name) soon these gifted few are going to stop doing this for u people need to respect them seriously!!

i say learn to do it ur self or sit down shut up and enjoy the ride (or new device)

android devices are not as bad as winmo devices stock so.....
Don't get me wrong, I was in no way complaining. I know it's difficult and time consuming. I was just wondering if devs had given up or not, especially after the whole "We have root" fiasco. If I was in their shoes, I probably would have said f*** it someone else can finish it after that.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ppcninjaz is just getting started

man, every time i visit this forum i get my hopes up for 1 second when i see "root root root!!!" then a second later oh yeah "not yet guys"

darn you, mis-leading exciting title
Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ppcninjaz is just getting started

the guys over at xda got it working

root successful

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...db_in_recovery

edit: actually i dont know if unrevoked = xda so i'll just say the unrevoked people (ozzeh, joshua_ and matt_mastracci) discovered it
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development