PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!! 6-1-10 update: Not yet guys!

Thanks for the post...beat me to the punch today!! LOL

I am updating the first post...looking good!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Root root root!!!! 6-10-10 update: Looks like we have it@

Just need to wait for a dev to package it up for use now.

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Root root root!!!! 6-10-10 update: Looks like we have it@

Yup!! There are a few reports of getting rid of City ID already, but most are also stating they lose root upon reboot, so there is some work left.

P.S. I don't want to give everyone the impression they can go home and root now, there is still a lot of work to be done, but apparently the biggest hurdle is nor accomplished!! We may be only days from a stable (permanent), easy root!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

dang is a n00b
Re: Inc Root!! 6-10-10 update: Almost there!!

This is great news! So what is it about Cityid that people don't like? I've never had it until the Inc and actually have been enjoying it.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

City ID is software that VZW/HTC installed on our devices that is a pay app (so we are on 'trial' time) and gives pop-ups occasionally asking if we want to purchase it or continue with the trial.

Personally I do like the results from the app, but like most, don't appreciate teh pop-ups or the idea of a trial app on my device I can't get rid of.

I guess they expect us to live with the trial version until we change devices or break-down + purchase the app.

Saying all that, I am not sure what the trial time is, but I have only had the pop-up twice in the month and a half I have had this and it is still working!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

dang is a n00b

It's pretty funny that I asked that when I did and you answered. The pop-up just appeared for the first time about 2 minutes ago. I thought it was a freebie. It appears that it's not even a pay-for app but a subscription. No thanks, I'll wait and see if it still works and if I can tolerate the pop-ups but that's it.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
City ID is software that VZW/HTC installed on our devices that is a pay app (so we are on 'trial' time) and gives pop-ups occasionally asking if we want to purchase it or continue with the trial.

Personally I do like the results from the app, but like most, don't appreciate teh pop-ups or the idea of a trial app on my device I can't get rid of.

I guess they expect us to live with the trial version until we change devices or break-down + purchase the app.

Saying all that, I am not sure what the trial time is, but I have only had the pop-up twice in the month and a half I have had this and it is still working!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
It's pretty funny that I asked that when I did and you answered. The pop-up just appeared for the first time about 2 minutes ago. I thought it was a freebie. It appears that it's not even a pay-for app but a subscription. No thanks, I'll wait and see if it still works and if I can tolerate the pop-ups but that's it.
i just paid for it (one of the few i have) works good and is very usefull

Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

pbarkey is just getting started

You know...as I'm reading these threads, and patiently waiting for everything to play itself out, I'm wondering if the people at Verizon or HTC have a pool going as to when the D'Inc would finally be rooted by someone.

I wonder how much the winner is going to get
Old 06-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Upgrade Forum per syrguy1969's request and because you can do it if you try hard enough Good luck everyone.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for the move CarlaDarla.

I have read over @ XDA that a lot more people are achieving root now, so things are progressing. Not much new from the devs yet, but the basics are out there and a lot of people are changinf boot-screens, removing CityID and just gaining root for future use! I haven't seen a superuser APK yet, so even with root we can't do everything we want yet.

First post updated with minor news.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development