PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

voidunknown is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 6-17-10 update: We can root, but it isn't easy...takes skill

The only thing that worked for me was buying the ADATA 16GB Class 6 everyone talks about. Not even the PNY or Kingston cards helped me.

Linky: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211379

After buying that, it worked like a charm, the first time and every time afterwords.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

what was really key for me was getting the drivers installed correctly from the sdk. once i did that, it worked for me the first time, and i had tried a TON of times before that. and the card i ended having in there was a 1gb card from probably 6 years ago, back when a 1gb cost like $30, haha. i have an adata 8gb class 6, but i have no reason to try rooting again, but if i do for some reason, i will try it on that card.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidunknown View Post
The only thing that worked for me was buying the ADATA 16GB Class 6 everyone talks about. Not even the PNY or Kingston cards helped me.

Linky: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211379

After buying that, it worked like a charm, the first time and every time afterwords.

Same here. My ADATA 16GB Class 6 card came in yesterday and 20 minutes later, I was rooted!

Spent hours trying to get root with my 16 GB Sandisk card. NEVER worked!
It appears that the card is the key!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Inc Root!! 6-21-10 update: Minor update on easy-root work!

Minor update on the recovery reflash tool hopefully out soon on first post.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

I'm new at this. I haven't flashed a rom or unlocked a phone since i had my touchpro. Can someone please walk me through this because I desperately need wireless tethering again like when I had wmwifirouter. Please forgive my ignorance but I saw the update and need help...thank you to whoever can help walk me through this
Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

ok, so silly question here...

do i have to keep the sd card i rooted with in my phone? or can i swap it out with another and maintain root? i thought about taking it out and putting in another i had, but i didn't want to risk losing root. anybody know about this?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
I'm new at this. I haven't flashed a rom or unlocked a phone since i had my touchpro. Can someone please walk me through this because I desperately need wireless tethering again like when I had wmwifirouter. Please forgive my ignorance but I saw the update and need help...thank you to whoever can help walk me through this
its kind of a toughy. not really an exact science yet. seems certain phones root certain ways. the OP has great info, but if none of the links help you try this video tut below:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-...ete-guide.html

thats pretty much what i followed. btw, you don't need htc sync installed, skip that step. and when you install the android sdk, install the drivers from within the sdk, that was the key for me. with those two exceptions, just follow the vid in the link. and if you have trouble, snoop around that forum, there is a lot of first hand info of what worked for certain people.

hope that helps, best of luck!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

As much as Im itching to try this...I think Im going to wait untill it becomes a little "cleaner" I.e. the sdcard fix/temporary untill soft reset. Other then that I lurves me an Android!

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
ok, so silly question here...

do i have to keep the sd card i rooted with in my phone? or can i swap it out with another and maintain root? i thought about taking it out and putting in another i had, but i didn't want to risk losing root. anybody know about this?
You can swap-out SD cards after root, just make sure you copy the androud.tether folder from the card you rooted from and paste it to the root of the new SD card. This folder contains the .bin file wifi routing needs to work. Other than that (or if you don't use wifi routing) your good to go with any card you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
As much as Im itching to try this...I think Im going to wait untill it becomes a little "cleaner" I.e. the sdcard fix/temporary untill soft reset. Other then that I lurves me an Android!

If by 'sdcard fix/temporary untill soft reset' you mean that you are only rooted untill you reset and then your unrooted, it is perminant now, as long as you use the current files and directions.

I have said in the past though...if your not comfortable or get frustrated trying to root, it really isn't for everyone at this point. There will most likely be an easier way out in the near future, so it may be worth it for a lot of people to just wait it out.

Good luck to all that try and please post any questions/concerns and I am sure they will be answered as best we can.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

can i please get some help someone in reference to my earlier post, thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development