View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
syrguy1969
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 6-21-10 update: Minor update on easy-root work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
ok, so silly question here...

do i have to keep the sd card i rooted with in my phone? or can i swap it out with another and maintain root? i thought about taking it out and putting in another i had, but i didn't want to risk losing root. anybody know about this?
You can swap-out SD cards after root, just make sure you copy the androud.tether folder from the card you rooted from and paste it to the root of the new SD card. This folder contains the .bin file wifi routing needs to work. Other than that (or if you don't use wifi routing) your good to go with any card you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
As much as Im itching to try this...I think Im going to wait untill it becomes a little "cleaner" I.e. the sdcard fix/temporary untill soft reset. Other then that I lurves me an Android!

If by 'sdcard fix/temporary untill soft reset' you mean that you are only rooted untill you reset and then your unrooted, it is perminant now, as long as you use the current files and directions.

I have said in the past though...if your not comfortable or get frustrated trying to root, it really isn't for everyone at this point. There will most likely be an easier way out in the near future, so it may be worth it for a lot of people to just wait it out.

Good luck to all that try and please post any questions/concerns and I am sure they will be answered as best we can.

This post has been thanked 1 times.