PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 6-23-10 update: Easy recovery tool released!!

ok first stupid and dumb question...this recovery tool...ROOTS?! our device or supplies a better reinstall of programs. When you say the word "recovery" it leads me to believe that its a way to reinstall programs after a hard reset (similar to a nandroid reinstall)

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I can tell you that this tool does NOT root. You need to be rooted already to use it. What it seems to do is allow you to enter the recovery mode easily instead of having to play all the games we did to root in the first place. I think recovery is a term being used to tell us we are in a mode where things can be changed more than 'recovered' as the name indicates. I will post a better defenition when I find it, unless someone beats me to it of course!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: android
Carrier: verizon

revhartwel is a n00b

Jumping in here...I have tried in vain to Root the device. I get everything except Root. My experience was with WM, so please excuse my ignorance. Based on past experience...will there be an automated root process at some point, cause I surely can't keep beating my head against this stone.

On the positive side, with wm, you had to be able to unlock and add a new ROM or you would have a clunky phone. I actually love the Incredible as is and just want to Root because I enjoy the learning process.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The unrevoked team (the ones that released the root process in the first place) have tweeted that they are working on and releasing soon a simple root method (one click I guess....we'll see if it is literal or not LOL). I am keeping my eyes and ears open and I will be updating here as soon as possible upon release. I am from WM as well, so I know what you are going through!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Inc Root!! 7-15-10 update: Easy root tool released!! One-click root is here!!

One click root here (well...not sure if that is literal, but it is easy!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated first post and kept old info for reference, but here is the link:

http://unrevoked.com/recovery/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Inc Root!! 7-15-10 update: Easy root tool released!! One-click root is here!!

Anyone able to post that this one click root tool works before I buy the incredible?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The tool is too large to post here, but if you go to that site on the first post it is easily downloaded. No memberships needed, but here is a rapidshare link if you can't use the site:

http://rapidshare.com/files/40719939...ash-bundle.exe
Old 07-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I think he was asking you guys so he could be sure that the tool itself actually works to root the phone, so he doesn't buy something he can't root. I could be wrong though
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mbern1008 is just getting started

I am from the windows mobile world so please bear with me. I just purchased the Incredible for my wife and I would like to Root it so that I can enable Tethering over Wifi. It seems that if I follow the earlier tutorials I could do that and if I need to return my phone to verizon for service I could just restore the phone using the wipe data feature of the phone similar to a windows mobile device.

The unrevoked method seems to install something to the nand flash in addition to rooting the device. Is this true and if so can it be restored to factory defaults later?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Inc Root!! 7-16-10 update: Root tool 3.1!! One-click root is here!!

OK...as far as the tool working, there is an issue with the windows version with communication, but that has been partially resolved in the new version (update in OP) and they are aware and still working on solving it entirely. Other than that, there are a LOT of sucess stories coming through in the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725744

I have already rooted, so I haven't tried it myself, but it is working (you will have people not being able to root/flash/jailbreak with any OS/method, but this seems to be getting a lot of easy root stories!!

mbern1008...I am fresh off the WM wagon as well, and know what your going through. I am not 100%, I thought if you did a factory reset you would have stock, but that may have been with the original root method. I will see what I can find out for you.
(chances are they (VZW) won't look for root anyway, but it pays to know for sure)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development