PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 7-16-10 update: Root tool 3.1!! One-click root is here!!

Yeah, my biggest issues were

A) Making sure Settings>Connect to PC>Default Connection Type is set to "HTC Sync"

B) Making sure HTC Sync in UNINSTALLED from your PC

After those two things were done, root went off without a hitch
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninjay View Post

B) Making sure HTC Sync in UNINSTALLED from your PC

After those two things were done, root went off without a hitch
This is very confusing to a lot (including me) of people! I think it is even harder for us recent WM users because we always associate syncing our PPC to our PC with Activesync so it is logical to assume the same goes for HTC Sync in this case, but NO!!! HTC sync is seen as evil in the root community (Incredible's at least) and shouldn't even be installed much-less used!!!

Glad you got root, very nice to see these success stories popping up now!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

Update: Incredible rooted ok. Today i ran wirelesstether and I kept getting limited connectivity on my laptop even though the signal was strong. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what steps I'm missing...
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Update: Incredible rooted ok. Today i ran wirelesstether and I kept getting limited connectivity on my laptop even though the signal was strong. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what steps I'm missing...
I am assuming you have wi-fi capabilities since your getting at least 'limited connectivity', so my first instinct is to ask what you have done since root? Switch SD card, how you ran tether (app from root or another from market) or anything else that you think we should know. I will look into general wifi issues posted @ XDA to see if I can find something like that.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff

I know that one general issue I found for myself was not having the "drivers" if you will.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=1
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I am assuming you have wi-fi capabilities since your getting at least 'limited connectivity', so my first instinct is to ask what you have done since root? Switch SD card, how you ran tether (app from root or another from market) or anything else that you think we should know. I will look into general wifi issues posted @ XDA to see if I can find something like that.
I just ran it from root. I haven't switched sd cards or anything. I just rooted and ran the program
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I just ran it from root. I haven't switched sd cards or anything. I just rooted and ran the program
OK...silly question (I am assuming if your trying to run tether you did this) but did you Download and install Wireless Tether from the Market?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I did. however, my antivirus said that it was probably that something with the program was wrong but I installed it anyway.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

it installed and ran on my phone ok. but when I go to connect on my laptop it connects and there is strong signal but limited connectivity... I desperately need this to work because I'm in school online!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I don't believe my post was addressed and you didn't seem to mention this as one of your steps in installing. Did you follow the link below and install the drivers to your phone?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=1

Quote:
it installed and ran on my phone ok. but when I go to connect on my laptop it connects and there is strong signal but limited connectivity... I desperately need this to work because I'm in school online!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development