PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

brab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 7-16-10 update: Root tool 3.1!! One-click root is here!!

Got it! Sorry for taking up space!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Inc Root!! 8-15-10 update: full NAND unlock is here!!!

First post updated.....full NAND unlock is here!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
First post updated.....full NAND unlock is here!!!!!!
So is the OTA 2.2 finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
So is the OTA 2.2 finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 2.2 OTA hasn't been released for the Inc yet, but when it is I would hold off until a ROM or two is cooked using it because doing an OTA will undo your root and it could plug the hole found by the unrevoked team, taking a while for another root method to come out.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: Inc Root!! 8-15-10 update: full NAND unlock is here!!!

Quote:
The 2.2 OTA hasn't been released for the Inc yet, but when it is I would hold off until a ROM or two is cooked using it because doing an OTA will undo your root and it could plug the hole found by the unrevoked team, taking a while for another root method to come out.
Released today .
Old 08-27-2010, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Released today .
I've been reading the sites on this and it sounds like it is being rolled out pretty slow (normal). I haven't heard of anyone near me getting it and I haven't been asked yet either (east coast), but until I hear more from the experts I won't be touching the OTA until they have a way of getting it. I am sure unrevoked will have it soon.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Talking Re: Inc Root!! 8-15-10 update: full NAND unlock is here!!!

Quote:
I've been reading the sites on this and it sounds like it is being rolled out pretty slow (normal). I haven't heard of anyone near me getting it and I haven't been asked yet either (east coast), but until I hear more from the experts I won't be touching the OTA until they have a way of getting it. I am sure unrevoked will have it soon.
thanks for the update bro
hope we get root for the new froyo build soon
Old 08-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
There is a RUU file of the 2.2 that is a copy of the 8/27 OTA that is being pushed out now over at XDA on the Incredible forum in the roms section.
You just plug your phone into your laptop and flash the RUU froyo update.
A lot of the guys over there have done that today when the got tired of waiting
on the OTA.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
As long as you're s-off'd you'll be fine, you can recover from an OTA Froyo Update.

Here are the instructions to update to the latest leaked RUU and regain root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...83&postcount=1

If you actually want to get Froyo OTA, you need to downgrade somethings:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...38&postcount=1

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 08-28-2010, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
As long as you're s-off'd you'll be fine, you can recover from an OTA Froyo Update.

Here are the instructions to update to the latest leaked RUU and regain root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...83&postcount=1

If you actually want to get Froyo OTA, you need to downgrade somethings:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...38&postcount=1

Z
I'm reading all I can on this, and your right. I do have a feeling there will be a much easier way soon after the official release is out. I do know unrevoked is looking into it and Adrenalyne (I know I probably slaughtered the spelling....fellow Omnia users will remember him as one of the first and best ROM chefs for it) are looking at the leaks (of which the latest is widely agreed upon to be the official) to create a fast and easy way of using it without downgrading or flashing (losing data in the process).

Now....with that being said, I am looking into flashing the Virtuous 2.2:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765447

and then the Rule The Air Beta2 theme on top of it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760925

and I am thinking of it because my Inc is restarting more and more every day (about 10 times just yesterday) by itself and if I do a factory reset I may as well do something constructive with it!!

P.S. Great to see a fellow Whovian in here!!!! I plan on learning theming so I can create a Doctor Who theme (already use a custom splash screen).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development