PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Inc Root!! 7-16-10 update: Root tool 3.1!! One-click root is here!!

mine keeps getting stuck at the waiting for phone to reboot

Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Adrianh85....is that after the root tool is done, your disconnected from the PC and trying to boot-up the Inc, or is that while your using the root tool?

If your experiencing this after 'root', try rooting again from scratch and see if that does the trick.

charleskincade...I would try lightninjay's post and see if it works. If not, it may have to do with your PC's wifi settings. (worth a shot)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Adrianh85....is that after the root tool is done, your disconnected from the PC and trying to boot-up the Inc, or is that while your using the root tool?

If your experiencing this after 'root', try rooting again from scratch and see if that does the trick.

charleskincade...I would try lightninjay's post and see if it works. If not, it may have to do with your PC's wifi settings. (worth a shot)
it worked fine on xp but on win 7 i couldnt get it to work thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninjay View Post
I don't believe my post was addressed and you didn't seem to mention this as one of your steps in installing. Did you follow the link below and install the drivers to your phone?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=1
can u please provide me a link where I can download the driver. I can't find it on this link, it's just an address of where it's located and I don't how to retrieve it or find it.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

I loaded this to my sdcard but I don't have a folder for android tether. how do I do this? Do I just create a folder? I tried to download the android tether app to my sdcard. It's just a download and I don't have a program folder once I installed it. I'm lost please respond asap and email me at clarencejoffrion@yahoo.com so I can check when you respond, THANKS!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
I loaded this to my sdcard but I don't have a folder for android tether. how do I do this? Do I just create a folder? I tried to download the android tether app to my sdcard. It's just a download and I don't have a program folder once I installed it. I'm lost please respond asap and email me at clarencejoffrion@yahoo.com so I can check when you respond, THANKS!
I will email you, but here it is as easy as I think I can make it:

download and unzip the folder here and save the folder inside it (android.tether) to your SD card (I already placed the bin file in it).

scan this QR code to download and install wifi tether to your Inc:

After that you should be good to go!!

Let me know if this does it for you!!

P.S. Here is another description if I flubbed in the wording:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...ire_Incredible
Attached Files
File Type: zip android.zip (160.9 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Quick question, has anyone seen a custom image that allows the android os to connect to ad-hoc networks? I am currently deployed to Iraq and have a number of apps that I want to keep but can not connect, in any way, to the android market to re-download after I root. So I haven't rooted yet. Ad-hoc or wait until I get home to root?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnapue View Post
Quick question, has anyone seen a custom image that allows the android os to connect to ad-hoc networks? I am currently deployed to Iraq and have a number of apps that I want to keep but can not connect, in any way, to the android market to re-download after I root. So I haven't rooted yet. Ad-hoc or wait until I get home to root?
Try this:

http://www.wissamidrissi.com/2010/02...o-your-ad.html

And if you're in the military, THANK YOU

Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

brab is a n00b

I am a noob and I readily admit it and I'm not sure whether or not I'm violating some forum protocol or not by posting this here but here goes anyway.
I have had pda's in my pocket or always near me, way before there was such a thing as a smart phone.
I've had the HP LX-200, (thought 8 megs was incredible), the HP Jornada, the Treo, the Samsung i760, the XV6700, xv6750, the HTC TP2 and now the Incredible, which is truly incredible.
But I can't get the damn thing to root.
I've uninstalled the HTC-sync and its companion package; I've downloaded and unzipped the Android SDK; I've downloaded and unzipped the unrEVOked recovery reflash tool; I've downloaded and unzipped the modified drivers.

I moved the folder, "android-sdk-windows" to the C:\ drive root and renamed it "sdk".
I ran the SDK Setup.exe and installed 2.1 and all related packages.
I extracted the drivers from the zip file and saved them in C:\sdk\usb_driver.
I created a directory called "unrEVOked", placed the "unrevoked recovery reflash tool" in that directory and ran it to extract a bunch of files, one of which was "reflash.exe".
I set my phone to "USB Debugging".
I plugged the phone into my computer and then ran the program "reflash.exe".

The phone comes up with a white screen with Droids at the bottom of it on skateboards and at the top of the screen is "HBOOT USB PLUS" and below it is, "FASTBOOT", "RECOVERY", "CLEAR STORAGE", and "SIMLOCK". "NANDROID" is not present.

The phone doesn't connect as I ran adb shell in the command prompt only to receive the message, "device not found".

Earlier I did have the device recognized when I moved the file, "android_usb.inf" to my tools directory. But it would not recognize me then as a "Super User".

What am I doing wrong?

Please help?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

brab is a n00b

Oh, one thing is that the "unrEVOked" recovery screen display says at the bottom, "Waiting for bootloader; make sure driver is installed".

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development