View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 PM
brab
Lurker

brab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 7-16-10 update: Root tool 3.1!! One-click root is here!!

I am a noob and I readily admit it and I'm not sure whether or not I'm violating some forum protocol or not by posting this here but here goes anyway.
I have had pda's in my pocket or always near me, way before there was such a thing as a smart phone.
I've had the HP LX-200, (thought 8 megs was incredible), the HP Jornada, the Treo, the Samsung i760, the XV6700, xv6750, the HTC TP2 and now the Incredible, which is truly incredible.
But I can't get the damn thing to root.
I've uninstalled the HTC-sync and its companion package; I've downloaded and unzipped the Android SDK; I've downloaded and unzipped the unrEVOked recovery reflash tool; I've downloaded and unzipped the modified drivers.

I moved the folder, "android-sdk-windows" to the C:\ drive root and renamed it "sdk".
I ran the SDK Setup.exe and installed 2.1 and all related packages.
I extracted the drivers from the zip file and saved them in C:\sdk\usb_driver.
I created a directory called "unrEVOked", placed the "unrevoked recovery reflash tool" in that directory and ran it to extract a bunch of files, one of which was "reflash.exe".
I set my phone to "USB Debugging".
I plugged the phone into my computer and then ran the program "reflash.exe".

The phone comes up with a white screen with Droids at the bottom of it on skateboards and at the top of the screen is "HBOOT USB PLUS" and below it is, "FASTBOOT", "RECOVERY", "CLEAR STORAGE", and "SIMLOCK". "NANDROID" is not present.

The phone doesn't connect as I ran adb shell in the command prompt only to receive the message, "device not found".

Earlier I did have the device recognized when I moved the file, "android_usb.inf" to my tools directory. But it would not recognize me then as a "Super User".

What am I doing wrong?

Please help?