PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

Well , tried the flash . It seems that you can flash the vzw shipped roms . I installed HTC Sync 04.23.2010 for (HTC Eris ) which htc said will work on the Inc. Started flashing WWE 1.13.605.1 Radio 1.00.00.02.09 . When it said that it was changing 1.22.605.1 to 1.13.605.1 , I canceled the flash because I saw we have a newer rom. 1.22 vs 1.13 . Wouldn't make sense to flash to an older rom when you couldn't come back to the latest rom. Live and learn , it was fun.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Do you guys need custom roms to turn off htc sense or it can be turned off somewhere in the options?
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Well , tried the flash . It seems that you can flash the vzw shipped roms . I installed HTC Sync 04.23.2010 for (HTC Eris ) which htc said will work on the Inc. Started flashing WWE 1.13.605.1 Radio 1.00.00.02.09 . When it said that it was changing 1.22.605.1 to 1.13.605.1 , I canceled the flash because I saw we have a newer rom. 1.22 vs 1.13 . Wouldn't make sense to flash to an older rom when you couldn't come back to the latest rom. Live and learn , it was fun.
Is the HTC Sync 04.23.2010 for (HTC Eris ) different from the one we have on the Inc. Can we not flash with that one also??

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Do you guys need custom roms to turn off htc sense or it can be turned off somewhere in the options?
I'm pretty sure they can't, at least a few buddies can't find anywhere too...
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
seriously! haha. was anyone else here for the tp2 unlocker debacle. that was epic...tempers flew, feelings were hurt, people were banned, lives were lost...i was lucky to get out unscathed

now with the incredible its practically rooted before we even have it. i hope i didn't just jinx it though, haha. my bad if i did...
lol, I've been here for pretty much everything haha.
Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnapue View Post
Not fully understanding one thing. It seems as if we will be able to attain superuser very shortly based on the similarity of this phone to others witch is all fine and dandy but will there be any Incredible specific ROM's to flash?
I know I'll have some that I will probably release after a little while.
Going to try my hand at making themes and other stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Ever use Screen savers from "ScreenPatronus: I've used a lot of screen savers over the years and this no doubt hands down the best I've ever used. Can last up to six months without a scratch

http://www.screenpatronus.com/
never heard of it. that your site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I will start playing with getting "superuser access" tonight hopefully, should have time. Thanks for the posting the information. Also it looks like Paul isn't up for helping without having a device.
~mike
Why don't you give him yours? I'm sure you have some others at your store by now. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
I would say root is not needed in order to flash a Official ROM, haven't tried so its just a assumption but I like to think its a good one.
~mike
I would have to agree (eventhough everyone has the answer), I mean 99% of the store employees don't even know how to update the software on a phone, or how to fix anything on the phone. So why would HTC and Google want them to have to Root the phone in order to apply a customer's update? I do realize this is not WM, but I'm sure a bit of the same base principles can be carried over.
(I'm not trying to sound like a ****....just happens that way. haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Is the HTC Sync 04.23.2010 for (HTC Eris ) different from the one we have on the Inc. Can we not flash with that one also??
Only one way to find out....try it out. haha.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF IT MESSES SOMETHING UP!!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
lol, I've been here for pretty much everything haha.
Enough said.

I know I'll have some that I will probably release after a little while.
Going to try my hand at making themes and other stuff too.

never heard of it. that your site?

Why don't you give him yours? I'm sure you have some others at your store by now. :P

I would have to agree (eventhough everyone has the answer), I mean 99% of the store employees don't even know how to update the software on a phone, or how to fix anything on the phone. So why would HTC and Google want them to have to Root the phone in order to apply a customer's update? I do realize this is not WM, but I'm sure a bit of the same base principles can be carried over.

Yes.

Only one way to find out....try it out. haha.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF IT MESSES SOMETHING UP!!

Sounds like you know a lot of nothing. Your a Winmo guy anyway
Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=TonyK;1737205]Is the HTC Sync 04.23.2010 for (HTC Eris ) different from the one we have on the Inc. Can we not flash with that one also??[/QUOTE

Yes , a htc tech said it would work fine on the Inc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
I do have them in stock and haha I haven't sent anyone a phone since helmi_c. I rather attempt and brick them myself.

Quote:
Well I can say that 100% of the people at our store, not only know how to flash but know to work almost every feature of the device. So we are in that 1 percentile, sorry your stores/representatives suck a$$ where your from.
~mike

Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All, I have a working exploit I believe and test file ready to run (www.shadowmite.com/blog for the latest), however we don't appear to have anywhere to load executable code to that doesn't have a noexec flag. Anyone having dealt with native code in a apk, or the NDK(?) development process please let me know if you can help! Or if you manage to find a folder somewhere we can write and execute from!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
All, I have a working exploit I believe and test file ready to run (www.shadowmite.com/blog for the latest), however we don't appear to have anywhere to load executable code to that doesn't have a noexec flag. Anyone having dealt with native code in a apk, or the NDK(?) development process please let me know if you can help! Or if you manage to find a folder somewhere we can write and execute from!
Very interesting! Thanks for posting up the information and sharing it with us. And your sure this exploit should work? Edit: I'm a idiot I see the exploit is indeed for kernel build 2.6.29.....interesting.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development