PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

I'm pretty certain it would work, the kernel source shows the bug is not patched. However I can't execute my code. I did find we can push to /data/local but we can't execute near as I can tell. It's chmod'd to 777, I can cat ./app. But if I run ./app it says not found. Very strange. HTC outdid themselves this time...
Old 05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
I'm pretty certain it would work, the kernel source shows the bug is not patched. However I can't execute my code. I did find we can push to /data/local but we can't execute near as I can tell. It's chmod'd to 777, I can cat ./app. But if I run ./app it says not found. Very strange. HTC outdid themselves this time...
We know you can solve the puzzle , keep up the good work ! !
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

How is the root process coming? Any updates, the only reason I ask is because I'm assuming the evo will go they the same process.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Nothing yet. It turns out to be different enough from the Desire that it won't be as easy as they thought. We are all camping out on the threads watching + waiting!!! Don't worry, as soon as it is done there will be posts all over here LOL!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Nothing yet. It turns out to be different enough from the Desire that it won't be as easy as they thought. We are all camping out on the threads watching + waiting!!! Don't worry, as soon as it is done there will be posts all over here LOL!!!
Thanks for replying. I don't even have Verizon, Just making sure there were no major hiccups, I'm thinking about evo because I live in a 4g market. No root access will keep me away. Motorola has said that their phones will not be rootable from now on.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I wouldn't go with what you heard from Motorola. There are a lot of very smart + talented people in these forums and they usually accomplish what they set out to do. The question often isn't 'IF' but 'WHEN'!

You never know, they may come up with a phone that can never be rooted, but you can never say never!! I have never purchased a device because it already has or can be hacked/flashed/rooted I get the best device for me and wait it out. Go with what works for you. If your looking to do things that can't be done without rooting, you may be better off waiting or getting one that has already been done. Good luck, and as I mentioned...when this is rooted, the forums will be buzzing!! :P
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I wouldn't go with what you heard from Motorola. There are a lot of very smart + talented people in these forums and they usually accomplish what they set out to do. The question often isn't 'IF' but 'WHEN'!

You never know, they may come up with a phone that can never be rooted, but you can never say never!! I have never purchased a device because it already has or can be hacked/flashed/rooted I get the best device for me and wait it out. Go with what works for you. If your looking to do things that can't be done without rooting, you may be better off waiting or getting one that has already been done. Good luck, and as I mentioned...when this is rooted, the forums will be buzzing!! :P
yeah i'm very familiar with android, i have a nexus one. I just live in a 4g market and find it hard to pass up, once its rooted i'm on it. good luck with the incredible root
Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The Evo sounds pretty cool as well, I will keep my eye on it. I have heard mixed messages as to if the Incredible can utilize 4G when VZW releases it (to be honest I haven't pursued it too much, so it may be a simple no for all I know LOL). The thing about the Evo I really find interesting is the front-facing camera. Not sure if I would ever use it, but I like keeping track of developments like that.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you get Android 2.2 on the Inc which they say is 480% faster than 2.1 , I wouldn't worry about 4G.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
If you get Android 2.2 on the Inc which they say is 480% faster than 2.1 , I wouldn't worry about 4G.
Speed of the device has nothing to do with 4G.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development