PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

Not fully understanding one thing. It seems as if we will be able to attain superuser very shortly based on the similarity of this phone to others witch is all fine and dandy but will there be any Incredible specific ROM's to flash?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i doubt they would root just to root. im sure there will be roms available, perhaps not early on but i would think it wouldnt be too long before they start popping up
Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
I used Clear Touch anti-glare screen shields on my Imagio and they worked great , not a scratch on the screen.
The screen display looks great and I don't even think about it being on there.
Ever use Screen savers from "ScreenPatronus: I've used a lot of screen savers over the years and this no doubt hands down the best I've ever used. Can last up to six months without a scratch

http://www.screenpatronus.com/

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No , never tried that brand.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can you flash a vzw shipped Incredible rom without being rooted ????????
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

I will start playing with getting "superuser access" tonight hopefully, should have time. Thanks for the posting the information. Also it looks like Paul isn't up for helping without having a device.
~mike

Old 05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Can you flash a vzw shipped Incredible rom without being rooted ????????
Good Question JBH, I would also like to know this, so much about Android i dont know, coming from Windows an all
Old 05-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Good Question JBH, I would also like to know this, so much about Android i dont know, coming from Windows an all
Yeah , 8 years of wm.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP

There are a couple of vzw shipped roms over on the Android Upgrade forum and I was going to try them if you didn't have to be rooted.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
There are a couple of vzw shipped roms over on the Android Upgrade forum and I was going to try them if you didn't have to be rooted.
I would say root is not needed in order to flash a Official ROM, haven't tried so its just a assumption but I like to think its a good one.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development