PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

I just read about that as well MrGoodCat!!!! Exciting news!!! Who wudda thought we would be this close before the device is even officially released??

Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I just read about that as well MrGoodCat!!!! Exciting news!!! Who wudda thought we would be this close before the device is even officially released??
seriously! haha. was anyone else here for the tp2 unlocker debacle. that was epic...tempers flew, feelings were hurt, people were banned, lives were lost...i was lucky to get out unscathed

now with the incredible its practically rooted before we even have it. i hope i didn't just jinx it though, haha. my bad if i did...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I went through something similar with the Omnia...took a while to unlock it and the GPS was a very touchy subject for a while! I am hoping we don't jinks this either, but it is amazing how things are shaping up.

P.S. if that $30 discount code is valid I may just get the Incredible early, it would only cost me $20 more!!! LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

what is the promo code? i pre ordered at best buy but heard you can still get the credit through verizon to ones account...thats a month of free datas, haha
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The code didn't work for me, but feel free to give it a shot, it is SMART30

seems to be working for others though!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yeah, just read its for new activations only...and i am upgrading, oh well. thanks for posting it though, bound to help someone
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Oh well, worth a shot...explains why it doesn't work for me as well.

Do you have a screen protector for the Incredible yet? Ever use Zagg?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Oh well, worth a shot...explains why it doesn't work for me as well.

Do you have a screen protector for the Incredible yet? Ever use Zagg?
i am not sure what i am gonna do with this phone as far as protection. i think i will wait and see some scratch tests on youtube first. i did a lot of reading for the tp2's screen protector i got. it was highly suggested to not use zagg. i used ghost armor. it went on perfectly (there's an application guide somewhere here on ppcgeeks) and it held up superbly for the 6 months i had it. it was the first screen protector i ever used. i experienced no orange peel what so ever ( a common complaint i read from zagg reviews). the only thing i did not like, and i don't know if this was just ghost armor, or screen protectors in general, but it made solid colors look weird. i don't know how to explain it really, very noticeable on white background. it was as if incredibly thin rainbow color changing lines ran vertically down the screen. therefore the background wasn't white looking, you could see the lines. this was not insanely noticeable though, and i got used to it very quickly. i just don't want that same issue with the incredible, i want to see its full crystal clear amoled screen!

so, i am gonna wait. but i def recommend not going zagg...if you can wait it out and be gentle with the phone for a week or so there i bound to be a flood of reviews from people about this very topic. always good to hear real world experiences
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I used Clear Touch anti-glare screen shields on my Imagio and they worked great , not a scratch on the screen.
The screen display looks great and I don't even think about it being on there.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r

Last edited by jbh00jh; 04-27-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Progress progress progress......check out updated first post!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development