PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ricsim78
Re: [ROM] Azrael v2.5 (for hardware 0001, 0002, and 0003) Updated 11/15/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster View Post
this is a very nice rom and very quick.

i do have 3 issues till now that i have not been able to figure out.

1. i can't upgrade the voicemail app (htc voicemail)
2. google mail keeps crashing and it can't be updated also
3. i can't change the wallpaper using gallery but can change it using animated wallpaper or htc wallpaper

thanks for the rom and help

regards

hardware version 0003
It sounds like you are coming off a ROM that used Darktremor's APPS2SD.

So you should do this:

Wipe Data
Wipe cache
Wipe Dalvik
Wipe SD:EXT (This is important).
Do them all again.

If you are using Clockwork, it may not be wiping the Dalvik correctly. I always use Amon RA, works better for me.

There is what you would have needed to do to get it working.
HTC #15 Kernel

Last edited by ricsim78; 11-16-2010 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78 View Post
I support my ROMS just fine. I am sorry if I missed your post but if you have issues, it is your setup and not the ROM. Actually, I was about to respond to you and then I read this.

I mainly stay on XDA, I would spend more time here but I cannot set up my signature or even my avatar yet.

I guess you have a sense of entitlement where you feel if you do something, people should respond or else on YOUR time schedule. It has not even been 12 hours since you posted that question.

I can say since the ROM is working fine on my phone, using your logic I guess you should not be using custom ROMS if you cannot figure out how to get them working!

Please, go use another ROM, I have no time for people like you...internet "tough guys". I am nice enough to post a ROM and you are going to blast me just because I missed your post?

Check my posts on XDA, everyone talks about how I give unrivaled support to my ROMS. Maybe you should think next time before you go into a child-like rant?

Plus you cannot count, there has been 3 posts after yours. I am so sorry I was busy building 2 ROMS, setting up their posts on both here and XDA, building options for said ROMS, supporting both ROMS, and I missed your post.

You made that post last night, did you ever think I may have been sleeping or busy? Sometimes people amaze me......

If you were a mod here, I wouldn't post here. Thankfully the real mods are good people.
i posted at 12:18am, the other posted at 1:08am and you posted 1:38am. when did you sleep????

I run an IT service business as a young man and the 2 words that make me one of the best in the business when it comes to Windows and MAC based IT services is "PASSION AND RESOLVE"

When i do something i give it 110% to get it right the first time. In the 14 years i've been running my small business i would say i have had a handful of call backs and i have never said "it's not my fault, it's yours". I have never said "call someone else if you don't like it".

Why? because i am extremely passionate about what i do and make it right if i wronged it.

PASSION AND RESOLVE

edit: it's not personal, i am very forthright with what i have to say.

Last edited by itster; 11-16-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
It sounds like you are coming off a ROM that used Darktremor's APPS2SD.

So you should do this:

Wipe Data
Wipe cache
Wipe Dalvik
Wipe SD:EXT (This is important).
Do them all again.

If you are using Clockwork, it may not be wiping the Dalvik correctly. I always use Amon RA, works better for me.

There is what you would have needed to do to get it working.

I am using RA Recovery 1.8 at this time.
I also wipe each option twice before loading a rom.
It seems this rom is just not going to work on my device as well as others. I had the same issue with one of the roms on my touch pro2 and everything worked very well.

I would recommend you post that on your first post for users that are coming from roms using darktremor's APPS2SD.

thanks for the help.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

jhui37 is just getting started

Just installed... I kept getting a "DATA Call Failure"... not sure if that is the network itself or the Rom... seems to be working fine after I dismiss it though...
Old 11-16-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuffricsim78 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhui37 View Post
Just installed... I kept getting a "DATA Call Failure"... not sure if that is the network itself or the Rom... seems to be working fine after I dismiss it though...
Strange. Sometimes you may have to update either the PRL or the Profile to make that go away. You are the first to report it, hopefully it was just a fluke.

Please let me know if you experience any other problems.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
i posted at 12:18am, the other posted at 1:08am and you posted 1:38am. when did you sleep????

I run an IT service business as a young man and the 2 words that make me one of the best in the business when it comes to Windows and MAC based IT services is "PASSION AND RESOLVE"

When i do something i give it 110% to get it right the first time. In the 14 years i've been running my small business i would say i have had a handful of call backs and i have never said "it's not my fault, it's yours". I have never said "call someone else if you don't like it".

Why? because i am extremely passionate about what i do and make it right if i wronged it.

PASSION AND RESOLVE

edit: it's not personal, i am very forthright with what i have to say.
Part of IT is not only how good you are at repairing the stuff, but how good you are at dealing with the people.

Forthright and rude are two different things.

I worked 10 hours, redid 2 ROMS, posted both ROMS on two different forums, redid all 4 posts for both ROMS, made MODS, uploaded everything, helped people on XDA (where I get a lot more traffic).

I can go back and forth with you all day. The point is I am not impressed with what you say about yourself. You try to do all I did, then look at XDA and tell me how I provide service for my ROMS.

I am much more active on XDA because here I am not even that well known (heck I cannot even set up my sig or avatar yet). So I happen to frequent XDA more. I provide unparalleled support for my ROMS.

You have no business ranting at me, telling me how wonderful you are, and then have the nerve to take my response to your problem and act like it was yesterday's news. If you are that wonderful, then how come new people to rooting are enjoying my ROM problem free and you seem to be having more problems than most?

In fact, most are not having ANY problems, usually when they do it is because they did not wipe or they installed a MOD (especially themes) which interferes with the ROM's programming.

Know how I know this ROM works? I am using it on my phone and tested it extensively before I put it out there. If there was a problem with it I would be quick to fix it, like I always have. You assume way too much.

I got it right the first time and I blame myself when I am at fault. I have had already over 1000 downloads of my ROMS and guess what? Only a few people having problems. That tells me it is working well. You show me one ROM on here that has been around and not one person has had a problem with it....I will wait for you to show me that.

My ROM is little more than the stock 3.29 OTA with lots of tweaks, customizations, and some apps added and taken away. None of which break things.

This is my thread. You want to be nice and if you have a problem, just ask and I will be happy to help. You want to be rude? Well, you know what to do in that case. The fact you are comparing a custom ROM to a business is interesting in itself.

'NUFF said.

Last edited by ricsim78; 11-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Part of IT is not only how good you are at repairing the stuff, but how good you are at dealing with the people.

Forthright and rude are two different things.

I worked 10 hours, redid 2 ROMS, posted both ROMS on two different forums, redid all 4 posts for both ROMS, made MODS, uploaded everything, helped people on XDA (where I get a lot more traffic).

I can go back and forth with you all day. The point is I am not impressed with what you say about yourself. You try to do all I did, then look at XDA and tell me how I provide service for my ROMS.

I am much more active on XDA because here I am not even that well known (heck I cannot even set up my sig or avatar yet). So I happen to frequent XDA more. I provide unparalleled support for my ROMS.

You have no business ranting at me, telling me how wonderful you are, and then have the nerve to take my response to your problem and act like it was yesterday's news. If you are that wonderful, then how come new people to rooting are enjoying my ROM problem free and you seem to be having more problems than most?

In fact, most are not having ANY problems, usually when they do it is because they did not wipe or they installed a MOD (especially themes) which interferes with the ROM's programming.

Know how I know this ROM works? I am using it on my phone and tested it extensively before I put it out there. If there was a problem with it I would be quick to fix it, like I always have. You assume way too much.

I got it right the first time and I blame myself when I am at fault. I have had already over 1000 downloads of my ROMS and guess what? Only a few people having problems. That tells me it is working well. You show me one ROM on here that has been around and not one person has had a problem with it....I will wait for you to show me that.

My ROM is little more than the stock 3.29 OTA with lots of tweaks, customizations, and some apps added and taken away. None of which break things.

This is my thread. You want to be nice and if you have a problem, just ask and I will be happy to help. You want to be rude? Well, you know what to do in that case. The fact you are comparing a custom ROM to a business is interesting in itself.

'NUFF said.

you know how i know your rom doesnt work well on my phone? because i did what i do with every other rom that works well and yours didn't work well. 3 out of 4 worked perfectly and yours is the 4th that didn't.. guess what? it's not me..

no comment on other junk you wrote.. what i said went over your head

Last edited by itster; 11-16-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Dude this rom rocks.... new lowrider theme 2.7 works great
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
Dude this rom rocks.... new lowrider theme 2.7 works great
You sure you are speaking of my ROM? lol

Glad to hear it is working well. Director's Cut currently in testing. Hoping to have it out by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
you know how i know your rom doesnt work well on my phone? because i did what i do with every other rom that works well and yours didn't work well. 3 out of 4 worked perfectly and yours is the 4th that didn't.. guess what? it's not me..

no comment on other junk you wrote.. what i said went over your head
Nuff said = nuff said

Last edited by ricsim78; 11-16-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
azrael, evo, htc, rom