PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Azrael X v3.1 01/05/2011 (3.70.651.1 OTA/HTC #15 kernel)

I've had the same problem with Android Tether on stock rooted rom before. I can't remember exactly how I solved it but Im positive I either had to install a different version of Android Tether or flash a different stock rooted rom. At this point I can only recommend you flash a different rom. Although I hate it can't be resolved for you on this rom right now because its a great rom.

I've tried about every rom out there and I would recommend you try Sprint Lover's rom to start off because it gives you a stock rom look and feel with the most common and desired nods & tether hacks pre-installed. Also that rom now includes the nice "fly in" transissions effect. You can also go with OMJ's latest release because he uses amicaam rom base and stock rosie. I prefer more of a stock look in my rom and I don't care for the custom rosie used in myn's rom and MikFroyo 4.4. Otherwise both of those roms are awesome. I used MikFroyo 4.4 but you may not like some of its theming elements. I cant get used to the buttonless rosie on MikFroyo 4.4 so I stay with this rom.... im currently trying oit the MIUI ROM and its pretty nice but no 4G yet... otherwise fully functional and awesome to say the least! The only thing I don't care for in myn's and MikFroyo is their custom rosies and some of the theming elements. But MikFroyo has his older rom versions available for download in his thread and version 4.2 is a stock looking rom with all the benefits of his newer version without the custom theming. My personal favorite from his roms. The last thing I want to do is tell you to flash another rom but we're all here to help one another. Flash another rom and see if Android Tether will work correctly for you. Sorry I couldn't pin point the tethering problem.

Edit: After more thought I forgot to tell you to search for the 3.70 ota. tethering fix and flash it over your current fix. This might fix your problem. The file is available for download if you search here and over at xda. Just search "3.70 tether fix" or similar.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 01-26-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

yellow92bird is a n00b

ok i searched for the fix and i couldn't find it on this site but i did find a thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...ot-needed.html in this thread someone said they had to turn the 4g feature on for it to work even tho they didn't have 4g in the area. neither do i but when i turned the 4g switch on now sprint hot spot works. it took a minute or so and even tho it works id like to be able to use this "correctly" without having to turn 4g on every time i need the hot spot. thanks for ur help tx_dbs_tx
Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here you go. Try the 3.70 tether fix. That zip file will overwrite and it should fully enable the native hotspot and native usb tether. Since you don't have 4G just use native tethering with 3G. Its not possible to tether on 4G with the native Sprint hotspot app UNLESS you pay for that feature. I believe Android tether does allow 4G tethering for free but you might want to double check on that if you are curious.

I hope that new tether fix gets you up and running again. Let us know your results.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Lurker

yellow92bird is a n00b

Ok theres something wrong with the 3g and 4g radios imo. I can get the usb tether to work just fine it just takes a few minutes. now the wireless tether and sprint hot spot will not. when i have either of the programs running, and i click and connect the connection from my computer, it immediately says no internet connection. it Doesn't search or try to identify the connection. now i found the thread i posted in my last post that stated to turn the 4g on and the tethers 3g will work and it did even a few times after i had the 4g off but then again they both stopped so i turned the 4g on and off again and it works again so idk I am gonna try and find the fix and see if that helps.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

mo"G"ul is a n00b

ricsim78, first off I really like the v2.1. So much that I didn't want to upgrade lol, but I did and I still love it. I do have a couple questions for v3.1. Will there be any options for a clear bottom bar/rosie? Also do the clock widgets and screen animations ( folding, flying, etc) work for the v3.1?

Again, you roms are my favorites so far. Thanks for the great work.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow92bird View Post
Ok theres something wrong with the 3g and 4g radios imo. I can get the usb tether to work just fine it just takes a few minutes. now the wireless tether and sprint hot spot will not. when i have either of the programs running, and i click and connect the connection from my computer, it immediately says no internet connection. it Doesn't search or try to identify the connection. now i found the thread i posted in my last post that stated to turn the 4g on and the tethers 3g will work and it did even a few times after i had the 4g off but then again they both stopped so i turned the 4g on and off again and it works again so idk I am gonna try and find the fix and see if that helps.
Your post reminds me of the radio problem I had a couple of days ago. I flashed Sprint Lovers all-in-one ROM and my data started acting strange. In my default web browser web pages would only load to apex 80% and then the data connection would just stop cold and the page would never completely finish loading. It did that on every web page I tried to visit. I ultimately wiped my phone through RA recovery and reflashed the same Sprint Lovers ROM and it did the same thing again. So I had to S-off and run the stock 3.70 ruu, reroot and start all over. I flashed Sprint Lovers stand alone version and all was back to normal. The stock 3.70 ruu has the latest radios but you can also download and flash the latest radios from the radio thread. I chose to run the stock 3.70 ruu to get my radios back to good working order. You can try reflashing your radios using either method to see of it helps your phone. Radios do get fouled up sometimes.I've experienced it first hand.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Lurker

yellow92bird is a n00b

Ok would that also keep me from streaming slacker radio and you tube app? i can search for stations and videos but when i try to play it, it errors out and will not stream. I can browse online through my cell fine. it has been going slow tonight tho. i can download songs through an mp3 downloader but some songs error out at a random percentage and i can restart them and they might download and they might error out again so I am going to flash radios i guess, will have to read up but cant be to hard. thanks for all your help.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Lurker

yellow92bird is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Your post reminds me of the radio problem I had a couple of days ago. I flashed Sprint Lovers all-in-one ROM and my data started acting strange. In my default web browser web pages would only load to apex 80% and then the data connection would just stop cold and the page would never completely finish loading. It did that on every web page I tried to visit. I ultimately wiped my phone through RA recovery and reflashed the same Sprint Lovers ROM and it did the same thing again. So I had to S-off and run the stock 3.70 ruu, reroot and start all over. I flashed Sprint Lovers stand alone version and all was back to normal. The stock 3.70 ruu has the latest radios but you can also download and flash the latest radios from the radio thread. I chose to run the stock 3.70 ruu to get my radios back to good working order. You can try reflashing your radios using either method to see of it helps your phone. Radios do get fouled up sometimes.I've experienced it first hand.
When u said u had to S-off do u mean send off? and u said u rerooted, did u just do the process again, did you unroot then reroot? and how did you root? i have hardware build 0003. thankx again tx_dbs_tx.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

After you flash the updated radios you need to check out this thread to help you with your streaming music and video problem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=922978

I think doing both of these things should help a lot. Its pretty common these days to have crappy 3G service with Sprint. I don't know what's going on but ever since 4G was introduced, 3G speeds dropped in half in many areas. Im pretty dissapointed by this but I think its due to some pretty big service equipment upgrades and the new multi-mode technology that Sprint os gradually implementing over the next year or so. When that's completed we will see drastic improvements in data speeds, signaled strength, as well as signal penetration inside building, homes, etc. I hope you get your phone sorted out
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow92bird View Post
When u said u had to S-off do u mean send off? and u said u rerooted, did u just do the process again, did you unroot then reroot? and how did you root? i have hardware build 0003. thankx again tx_dbs_tx.
Sorry I overlooked your questions. S-off is short for "security off " and S-on is short for "security on" in hboot. I use unrevoked to root and they are the creators of the s-on tool. Yes I chose to unroot then reroot for my own piece of mind as it gives you the best clean slate to start off with. Its quite easy to do using the unrevoked method.

Go to unrevoked.com and click the htc evo image on the homepage. You will have two choices on the next page that comes up... unrevoked 3 and unrevoked forever. First click unrevoked 3 and download that, its the automated rooting tool that you run from your pc (you will need to have the proper usb drivers installed prior to using this tool as well as making sure you have htc sync uninstalled) Just read and follow their instructions. After you download the unrevoked 3 rooting application, you need to also go back to the unrevoked forever link, search for and download the s-on tool. Its in a link in the written descriptions on that page. Read the entire page to fully understand what this does and how to use it.

Once you have those two things downloaded you want to first flash the s-on tool to put your hboot security back to the factory "s-on". It flashes just like any rom or mod. Do a full wipe/dalvik wipe BEFORE running this tool for good measure. Once that flashes you run the factory shipped 3.70 rom ruu (which you can get from ppcgeek's sister site "shipped-roms.com") with your phone connected to your pc to flash the latest rom as well as the newest radios all in one session. Your phone will then be factory fresh and unrooted.

This is the basic order in which to do this. If you need detailed instructions check out the sticky threads concerning unrevoked's rooting and unrootong method. If your not sure, read some more. Its quite easy actually once you read up on it and have your usb drivers installed first. Unrevoked's website has all the info you need really. Good luck.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 01-27-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Tags
azrael, evo, htc, rom