View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
tx_dbs_tx
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Azrael X v3.1 01/05/2011 (3.70.651.1 OTA/HTC #15 kernel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow92bird View Post
When u said u had to S-off do u mean send off? and u said u rerooted, did u just do the process again, did you unroot then reroot? and how did you root? i have hardware build 0003. thankx again tx_dbs_tx.
Sorry I overlooked your questions. S-off is short for "security off " and S-on is short for "security on" in hboot. I use unrevoked to root and they are the creators of the s-on tool. Yes I chose to unroot then reroot for my own piece of mind as it gives you the best clean slate to start off with. Its quite easy to do using the unrevoked method.

Go to unrevoked.com and click the htc evo image on the homepage. You will have two choices on the next page that comes up... unrevoked 3 and unrevoked forever. First click unrevoked 3 and download that, its the automated rooting tool that you run from your pc (you will need to have the proper usb drivers installed prior to using this tool as well as making sure you have htc sync uninstalled) Just read and follow their instructions. After you download the unrevoked 3 rooting application, you need to also go back to the unrevoked forever link, search for and download the s-on tool. Its in a link in the written descriptions on that page. Read the entire page to fully understand what this does and how to use it.

Once you have those two things downloaded you want to first flash the s-on tool to put your hboot security back to the factory "s-on". It flashes just like any rom or mod. Do a full wipe/dalvik wipe BEFORE running this tool for good measure. Once that flashes you run the factory shipped 3.70 rom ruu (which you can get from ppcgeek's sister site "shipped-roms.com") with your phone connected to your pc to flash the latest rom as well as the newest radios all in one session. Your phone will then be factory fresh and unrooted.

This is the basic order in which to do this. If you need detailed instructions check out the sticky threads concerning unrevoked's rooting and unrootong method. If your not sure, read some more. Its quite easy actually once you read up on it and have your usb drivers installed first. Unrevoked's website has all the info you need really. Good luck.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 01-27-2011 at 09:37 AM.