PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
this is the entire stock theme that is already in the rom, including the modified rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
WOOOO! I had a good idea!!!!

Rosie is the whole home screen? I always thought it was just the bottom bar...
yeah, you're right I meant home screen bottom bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey buddy, I think something is going on with the apks in the "removed_apks" folder. I have tried multiple diff ways to install the newer telnav in that folder to no avail (except adb push) ... tried re-mounting with Super Manager and can copy it to /system/app but it will not install ... reboot, no install ... even broke down and bought root explorer to make damn sure the sys was for sure re-mounting and still no luck . I can install other sprint nav apks and the one I had backed up with TB but just no luck with that 10MB one in the removed apks folder. Side note, the app Super Manager once sys is re-mounted shows "(Not Install)" out to the side of the file name which doesn't show on any other apks I view except the ones in the removed apks folder so something is weird with these files ...

Will u try to install the telnav apk in the removed apks folder with any other method than adb push so u can see what ppl keep posting about? ... and, have u actually pushed that specific telnav in the removed folder and not some older one? That particular one is about twice the size of the previous ones, bout 10MB so surely it has some new features

Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
no, I dont use the telenav....and since IKS has already done so, that's good enough for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbadger View Post
I'm running wifi only. Write a few texts, send out some tweets. Nothing special. But I reflashed and then didn't set anything up other than my Gmail account...and it still drained fast. How much battery does the flip clock use? I know I can't turn it off but I'm curious. Been flashing OMJ since HTC Diamond...love the work!
when u reflashed, did u wipe everything?

wifi is definitely a battery drain......I have exchange push, gmail & 3 IMAP accounts, my average drain is about 3-5% per hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
does this rom support apps 2 sd the i think its called darktremor or something like beta 3 or beta 4>
yes, it has darktremor apps2sd

u can check the version by doing a "apps2d check" from shell

Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ken>cd c:\sdk\tools

C:\SDK\tools>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
# apps2sd check
apps2sd check
[ ] Apps2SD is launching...
 __ _____
|  \  |
|   | |
|__/  |  Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (2010-09-30)

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop
[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop
[ ] Mount Point = /system/sd
[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.
[ ] Checking for ext partition
[X] Ext partition found, but not mounted.
    Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.
    Check with your rom developer if the boot image
    is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Your partition may be using an EXT4 partition,
    but your rom may not support EXT4.  Repartition
    your SD card to use EXT2 or EXT3.

#
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

wifi is definitely a battery drain......I have exchange push, gmail & 3 IMAP accounts, my average drain is about 3-5% per hr
i only have exchange (2hr check) and gmail and i don't get that good of a drain
Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
this is the entire stock theme that is already in the rom, including the modified rosie
I guess I misunderstood. I am still running 4.2. I guess he is saying he wants the apps/phone/add rosie back?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Quote:
Hey buddy, I think something is going on with the apks in the "removed_apks" folder. I have tried multiple diff ways to install the newer telnav in that folder to no avail (except adb push) ... tried re-mounting with Super Manager and can copy it to /system/app but it will not install ... reboot, no install ... even broke down and bought root explorer to make damn sure the sys was for sure re-mounting and still no luck . I can install other sprint nav apks and the one I had backed up with TB but just no luck with that 10MB one in the removed apks folder. Side note, the app Super Manager once sys is re-mounted shows "(Not Install)" out to the side of the file name which doesn't show on any other apks I view except the ones in the removed apks folder so something is weird with these files ...

Will u try to install the telnav apk in the removed apks folder with any other method than adb push so u can see what ppl keep posting about? ... and, have u actually pushed that specific telnav in the removed folder and not some older one? That particular one is about twice the size of the previous ones, bout 10MB so surely it has some new features

Thanks!

I got sprint nav from sprint website. I will try to upload it later

Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Like IKS said... I would think that it was the batch "restore missing apps + all system data" option that you used... more specifically the system data portion of that batch run.

I have used TB since jumping to Android and never had any problems with it, but you do have to be careful. Anytime you are going from one rom to the next you can run into problems with restoring the sys data stuff that is highlighted in green. Different bases and various things from rom to rom may be slightly different in the way they store sys data so when you run the backup on one rom and then try to restore that same data on a different rom to the same place it was on the previous rom... bork! Just as you saw when your images were showing up and obviously on your sd card but were no longer "accessable" once you restored the old sys data from the previous rom.

I've never had any problem restoring any programs and had to kinda learn by trial and error what sys data you can restore from one rom to the next. Here's what I can tell you...

Accounts - never resotred it from rom to rom

Application Widgets - never restored

Bluetooth pairings - never used as I don't have a bluetooth, but would venture to guess so long as you are going from one sense rom to the next you might be pretty safe in restoring this

Calendar Storage - never used, just let google handle this one

[Alarms] Clock - use this one every time, restores the times I had set in my three alarms and what days of the week but for some reason doesn't re-set the ring tone so I have to go back in and do that part manually after a restore and re-boot (saves a little time at least)

[User Dict] ... I skip this one and restore the HTC one ...[User Dict HTC] Touch Input

[Voicemail] Dialer - seems to always work (omj rom to omj rom)

[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage - seems to always work (omj rom to omj rom)

[Desktop] HTC Sense - always works (omj to omj rom)

[Bookmarks] Internet - seems to always work

[E-mail Account...] Mail - I let google handle this as it is the only account I set up on my phone (my guess would be so long as it's sense to sense rom and if you have other pop3 or imap accounts set up it would probably work fine)

[Playlists] - don't have any set up and have not used

[SMS/MMS Prefs] - not absolutely sure if it catches all the settings but I run it everytime and it seems to work perfeclty... I use handcent and there are a few settings you need to tweak in the stock messaging to play nice with handcent and once I restore this and restore handcent I never have to go back and re-tweak anything

[Wallpaper/set...gs] Settings - never use it?? ... and would be leary to (IMO)

[Settings/Bluet...tings Storeage - never use it and would be leary to (IMO)

[User Dict HTC] Touch Input - like i said earlier, works every time for me

Wi-Fi Acess Points - works everytime for me which is awesome b/c I travel a lot and would hate to set each of these up again everytime

Hope that helps!
I just gave you about 5 thanks for that post. I've wondered this since I started using titanium backup. you post brought me to make this topic about what all those things really do. maybe you could check it out and throw your 2 cents in. of course, more than 2 cents is also appreciated
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-ap...ou-backup.html
Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
I got sprint nav from sprint website. I will try to upload it later

Thanks! ... but I got the 2.8 ver and actually got the one in removed apps working with a bunch of trial and error. After I bought root explorer, it had an option to look at the permissions of the file. It had different permissions than all the other apks that would actually install so I changed them to match, copied it to /system/app, cleared cache and dalvik and re-booted and it worked. I don'k know but maybe ADB does something to the permissions of the file when you push it to the phone?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

love the rom... i also tried rainfreeks rom and noticed that no sense roms tend to be slower with their launcer programs even with spare parts set to fast....
Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

anyone tried this?

my speeds suck and it looks like the dl got worse...
Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
anyone tried this?

my speeds suck and it looks like the dl got worse...
yep, I didn't see much of a change.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...faster-3g.html

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...d-devices.html

there's alot of mixed results...
Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Ok.....I installed this on a friends phone on Friday....he called today and said that it will not allow him to send a vid from his camcorder via email....he said it is saying phone is not set up to send this type of file.....any ideas....I dont have the phone in front of me...so hard for me to troubleshoot it myself....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development