PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you backup?
I backup EVERYTHING! 1 10.00%
I backup just apps+settings 7 70.00%
I backup apps+settings and a few green ones 0 0%
I backup apps+settings and all green ones 2 20.00%
What's Titanium Backup? 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titanium Backup. Which settings do YOU backup?

I know its a perfect app to backup my apps and app settings but besides that it can backup a zillion other things.
I DON'T backup any of the red items and backup all the green items but some of the green ones I think maybe I shouldn't be backing up. Here is a list of the green items I have. wondering if everyone else has only certain ones they backup and if so, which.

Accounts: not sure what account this is.

Application Widgets: I know what a widget is but why would I need to back one up?

Bluetooth Pairings: I paired my phone to my trucks bluetooth and backed this up. after flashing a new rom I am having problems connecting again to my truck. not sure if this works properly or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

[Calendar] Calendar Storage 2.2: does this just backup my calender events which google does? if so guess I dont need to backup/restore this ?

[Alarms] Clock 1.00: This must back up my alarms. I have different alarms and when I restore with TB all my alarms are just like they were. I think I'll keep this one.

[User Dict] con...serdictionary 2.2: I assume this is the dictionary for added words to the keyboard. but is it only for the stock keyboard? I use Swiftkey so guess I dont need to back this up? maybe when I backup the Swiftkey app and its settings, it is backing up MY Swiftkey dictionary?

[Stocks] con.htc...sevice.stock 1.00: I dont use stocks, so I dont back this up.

[Contacts/Call...tacts Storage 2.2: This must be what backs up my contacts and...call history? I dont know but seems like another thing that google restores automatically that I dont need to backup with TB?

Country, Language, Time zone: no idea what this is backing up or why I've been backing up and restoring it.

[Voicemail] Dialer 2.2: no idea what this is either

[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.2: this but backup my SMS and MMS. so if I dont care to have my SMS & MMS's restored I'll leave this one out too. but whats APN?

[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00: this must back up how my desktop screen(s) look. all the shortcuts for all my programs on each of the 5 screens. if I'm right, this I would defiantly want to back this up each time.

[Bookmarks] Internet 2.2: seems pretty self explanatory. I love my bookmarks, so I'll keep on backing this one up. I also use the stock browser. I guess if someone used a different browser this would be something to not backup?

[E-mail Account...tings] Mail 2.00: This must backup all my email accounts and their settings? If I only had a gmail account this seems like it would be another one that doesn't need to be backed up cause the gmail account is restored automatically too. but I have a yahoo email account so I think I'll keep this one around.

[Playlists] Media Storage 2.2: I dont even use my phone to listen to music unless its through Music Wizard or Youtube. Is this "playlist" like a ipod playlist? Guess I should stop backing this one up.

[SMS/MMS Prefs] Messages 1.00: no idea what this does. I use handcent. hope someone knows what this does specifically.

[CM Settings] Po...rol Settings 2.2.1: this is something I just now noticed. Its for a new app that I recently noticed on the newest OMJ ROM called PowerControl but I dont even know what the app is for or how to use it so I'm not backing this one up.

[Wallpaper/Set...gs] Settings 1.00: I thought the Sense one was for wallpapers...now I dont know about either of them. one or the other or both?

[Settings/Bluet...tings Storage 2.2: great. another bluetooth one. not sure why there are two different ones. the only thing I could think of when it comes to backing up bluetooth is what you pair your phone to. hmmm

[User Dict HTC] Touch Input 2.10: Here is another one that looks like it backs up my keyboards dictionary but not sure what this one really backs up or if I even need it.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Titanium Backup. Which settings do YOU backup?

I only backup apps and there settings. Seems like anything else leads to trouble.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Titanium Backup. Which settings do YOU backup?

Ok Buddy, I know it's been a few days but just got home to a computer where this would be easier... so here is an update in addition to what I said in OMJ's thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post

Bluetooth Pairings: I paired my phone to my trucks bluetooth and backed this up. after flashing a new rom I am having problems connecting again to my truck. not sure if this works properly or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Quote:
Like I said, don't use BT ... not sure if you are doing something wrong or if it is the proprietary BT software that HTC uses on Sense roms???
[Calendar] Calendar Storage 2.2: does this just backup my calender events which google does? if so guess I dont need to backup/restore this ?

Quote:
I'm with you, I just let Google do this
[User Dict] con...serdictionary 2.2: I assume this is the dictionary for added words to the keyboard. but is it only for the stock keyboard? I use Swiftkey so guess I dont need to back this up? maybe when I backup the Swiftkey app and its settings, it is backing up MY Swiftkey dictionary?

Quote:
I use the HTC KB so I use the other one and it works
[Contacts/Call...tacts Storage 2.2: This must be what backs up my contacts and...call history? I dont know but seems like another thing that google restores automatically that I dont need to backup with TB?

Quote:
Yep, I let google do this as well, but still use it to get my call history back... fyi, it takes at least a hot re-start before you will see the call history show back up
Country, Language, Time zone: no idea what this is backing up or why I've been backing up and restoring it.

Quote:
Me neither so I don't use it! lol
[Voicemail] Dialer 2.2: no idea what this is either

Quote:
Maybe will restore VVM's that you have already downloaded but not sure on this
[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.2: this but backup my SMS and MMS. so if I dont care to have my SMS & MMS's restored I'll leave this one out too. but whats APN?

Quote:
No idea what APN is, but I do restore my SMS/MMS with this one
[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00: this must back up how my desktop screen(s) look. all the shortcuts for all my programs on each of the 5 screens. if I'm right, this I would defiantly want to back this up each time.

Quote:
Yep, does that exactly ... even saves whatever the wallpaper was even if it isn't on your phone or SD anymore... only thing I've noticed is it won't resore "Folder Organizer" widget shortcuts which I use but still saves some time
[E-mail Account...tings] Mail 2.00: This must backup all my email accounts and their settings? If I only had a gmail account this seems like it would be another one that doesn't need to be backed up cause the gmail account is restored automatically too. but I have a yahoo email account so I think I'll keep this one around.

Quote:
I don't have any other accounts set up either, but do set up my Google account in the HTC Mail app and it restores it nicely... I'm sure it will restore other accounts as well
[SMS/MMS Prefs] Messages 1.00: no idea what this does. I use handcent. hope someone knows what this does specifically.

Quote:
I use Handcent as well... this is still a good idea b/c there is some tweaking you have to do to the stock messaging prefs so that you don't get dual notifications and such when using Handcent... so i use this so I don't have to go in and re-tweak those stock settings again
[CM Settings] Po...rol Settings 2.2.1: this is something I just now noticed. Its for a new app that I recently noticed on the newest OMJ ROM called PowerControl but I dont even know what the app is for or how to use it so I'm not backing this one up.

Quote:
This is an app that JsChiSurf made to tweak and change settings in the Power Control Widget (the toggles in the notification bar curtain) ie. adjust the way the sound toggles, the brightness levels etc... not sure if it works yet as I haven't tried backing it up but my guess is that it will
[Wallpaper/Set...gs] Settings 1.00: I thought the Sense one was for wallpapers...now I dont know about either of them. one or the other or both?

Quote:
Never used this one, the desktop one will save the wallpapers if you have a theme saved though
[Settings/Bluet...tings Storage 2.2: great. another bluetooth one. not sure why there are two different ones. the only thing I could think of when it comes to backing up bluetooth is what you pair your phone to. hmmm

Quote:
Never used this one ??
[User Dict HTC] Touch Input 2.10: Here is another one that looks like it backs up my keyboards dictionary but not sure what this one really backs up or if I even need it.

Quote:
Works great to back up the User Dict for the HTC KB

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games