View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Curb71
The Playboy Boy

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titanium Backup. Which settings do YOU backup?

I know its a perfect app to backup my apps and app settings but besides that it can backup a zillion other things.
I DON'T backup any of the red items and backup all the green items but some of the green ones I think maybe I shouldn't be backing up. Here is a list of the green items I have. wondering if everyone else has only certain ones they backup and if so, which.

Accounts: not sure what account this is.

Application Widgets: I know what a widget is but why would I need to back one up?

Bluetooth Pairings: I paired my phone to my trucks bluetooth and backed this up. after flashing a new rom I am having problems connecting again to my truck. not sure if this works properly or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

[Calendar] Calendar Storage 2.2: does this just backup my calender events which google does? if so guess I dont need to backup/restore this ?

[Alarms] Clock 1.00: This must back up my alarms. I have different alarms and when I restore with TB all my alarms are just like they were. I think I'll keep this one.

[User Dict] con...serdictionary 2.2: I assume this is the dictionary for added words to the keyboard. but is it only for the stock keyboard? I use Swiftkey so guess I dont need to back this up? maybe when I backup the Swiftkey app and its settings, it is backing up MY Swiftkey dictionary?

[Stocks] con.htc...sevice.stock 1.00: I dont use stocks, so I dont back this up.

[Contacts/Call...tacts Storage 2.2: This must be what backs up my contacts and...call history? I dont know but seems like another thing that google restores automatically that I dont need to backup with TB?

Country, Language, Time zone: no idea what this is backing up or why I've been backing up and restoring it.

[Voicemail] Dialer 2.2: no idea what this is either

[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.2: this but backup my SMS and MMS. so if I dont care to have my SMS & MMS's restored I'll leave this one out too. but whats APN?

[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00: this must back up how my desktop screen(s) look. all the shortcuts for all my programs on each of the 5 screens. if I'm right, this I would defiantly want to back this up each time.

[Bookmarks] Internet 2.2: seems pretty self explanatory. I love my bookmarks, so I'll keep on backing this one up. I also use the stock browser. I guess if someone used a different browser this would be something to not backup?

[E-mail Account...tings] Mail 2.00: This must backup all my email accounts and their settings? If I only had a gmail account this seems like it would be another one that doesn't need to be backed up cause the gmail account is restored automatically too. but I have a yahoo email account so I think I'll keep this one around.

[Playlists] Media Storage 2.2: I dont even use my phone to listen to music unless its through Music Wizard or Youtube. Is this "playlist" like a ipod playlist? Guess I should stop backing this one up.

[SMS/MMS Prefs] Messages 1.00: no idea what this does. I use handcent. hope someone knows what this does specifically.

[CM Settings] Po...rol Settings 2.2.1: this is something I just now noticed. Its for a new app that I recently noticed on the newest OMJ ROM called PowerControl but I dont even know what the app is for or how to use it so I'm not backing this one up.

[Wallpaper/Set...gs] Settings 1.00: I thought the Sense one was for wallpapers...now I dont know about either of them. one or the other or both?

[Settings/Bluet...tings Storage 2.2: great. another bluetooth one. not sure why there are two different ones. the only thing I could think of when it comes to backing up bluetooth is what you pair your phone to. hmmm

[User Dict HTC] Touch Input 2.10: Here is another one that looks like it backs up my keyboards dictionary but not sure what this one really backs up or if I even need it.