PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Ok so no app killer vs app killer after two days....everything seems to be exactly he same. Actually might just be a little smoother without it.

Just thought Id throw that in.
I'm working on "TEACHING" my EVO now.. hopefully by end of today (2nd day) my battery might work better... right now its still crappy without the app killer.

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 08-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
Same here; I'm running great without ATK. I also downloaded SystemPanel from the market which is a cool app that track usage and what programs use the most resources and power. The free version is excellent but the full version tracks history. It is a very informative program with a great help guide that explains how froyo handles memory differently than before and that task killers are not needed. It's worth a look.
Same boat as u.. I did get systempanel. Thx for info on that one..

EDIT: Battery is running WORSE without the APP Killer... I'll keep tinkering with it to see if it just needs to more time...

Last edited by richarc93; 08-11-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

OMJ, I have been testing several different roms against yours and on the benchmark testing your 2.2 rom came in 1st at 1167 for cpu speed, graphics, data writng. I used Quadrant testing to check this. The other several roms didn't even get to 900. The only phone that had a higher benchmark was the Nexus 2.2 . Great job on your roms OMJ am flashing back to 2.2 now.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rlmurray is just getting started

This may have been answered already, but anybody know the benefit the latest OTA will give and what does this mean for any new ROMS that will be cooked?
I know not to install anything from Sprint because I don't want to break my custom ROM.

From endgadget.

HTC EVO 4G Froyo .6 update starts OTA rollout for early adopters
By Sean Hollister posted Aug 10th 2010 at 11:15PM
Sure, XDADevelopers has had an unofficial fix for a few days, but we understand your hesitation -- installing custom firmware is how you got burned in the first place. Thankfully for you, HTC is now beaming the official EVO 4G patch over the airwaves, which updates your tainted 3.26.561.3 dairy dessert to a more toothsome 3.26.561.6. Just scoot on over to Settings > System Updates and invoke the download -- assuming Sprint is being nice in your area -- or wait it out and your handset might even update itself.
Thanks.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Excellent! Even though it's mentioned in the link I thought I'd mention it here-atm the *#*#4636#*#* code only works on CM6 so for that one we need to keep using the Network app.

Easy. Go into /system/app and remove htclockscreen.apk
Only issue is you wont be able to turn off your alarm clock if you use HTC Alarm clock. Just install a thrid party app and you're all set.
I went in to /system/app and I cannot find htcclockscreen.apk, any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I'm working on "TEACHING" my EVO now.. hopefully by end of today (2nd day) my battery might work better... right now its still crappy without the app killer.

I saw the advice yesterday about removing the setcpu over clock widget and also updating to the newer facebook app (1.3.1). I did this and did not remove ATK and by the time I went to bed last night it had been 14 hours since I unplugged and I was still at 30% with moderate to heavy usage. I made multiple calls yesterday, checked my email and facebook all day, and watched a couple of youtube videos.

I was going to remove ATK but I think I like the way it's working now, probably the best it has ever worked. By the way, I am on OMJ's modified kernal rom released on the 3rd, not the 5th.

Thanks for all the advice and hard work OMJ and everyone else that contributes.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Hey guys what is the SDK 4?

The info in the first page
Software Developers Kit. It has a ton of tools in it for devs to play with. I'm no developer but I do like to learn and tinker.
The tool most useful to users is adb. That allows us to apply code and move apps.
It also has device drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Looks like we have some flashing in our future....the source is out hopefully netarchy is on it.

http://developer.htc.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgallo View Post
My 4g is not working after I installed froyo... but everything else works great. I installed the wimax and broadband radio like you said but I get nothing. Please let me know if this is suppose to be working or not. Thanks for all your hard work.
Yes, 4G works. How did you get to Froyo? What ROM were you on before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Question?.... u think "simple root" would work in this guys case? I've been thinking of doing simple root on my 2nd EVO.. but I don't wanna mess up my wife's phone. Unrevocked didn't turn out to well attaining full root. I have read various other forums where ppl r claiming u do get full root in just a few simple steps...

Your thoughts...

That Dude is all set I believe. Simple root works. It's just the automatic process for the manual steps listed in FastRX8's tutorial.
The unrevoked team is working on some VERY interesting ideas, stay tuned.
For now, go with Simple root or Fast's tut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
This may have been answered already, but anybody know the benefit the latest OTA will give and what does this mean for any new ROMS that will be cooked?
I know not to install anything from Sprint because I don't want to break my custom ROM.

From endgadget.

HTC EVO 4G Froyo .6 update starts OTA rollout for early adopters
By Sean Hollister posted Aug 10th 2010 at 11:15PM
Sure, XDADevelopers has had an unofficial fix for a few days, but we understand your hesitation -- installing custom firmware is how you got burned in the first place. Thankfully for you, HTC is now beaming the official EVO 4G patch over the airwaves, which updates your tainted 3.26.561.3 dairy dessert to a more toothsome 3.26.561.6. Just scoot on over to Settings > System Updates and invoke the download -- assuming Sprint is being nice in your area -- or wait it out and your handset might even update itself.
Thanks.
That is just the patch that HTC released to get those users that applied the stock .3 software pre-release up to speed since their phones would not do another OTA. All custom ROMs are on the .6 software.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

yaaah_hoo is just getting started
Talking Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
Congratulations!
"Congratulations" Are you serious? This man needs help. Somebody please convince him not to do so. His freedom is at stake.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO w/OMJ
Carrier: Can I get Boost Mobile with EVO?

brybo86 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgallo View Post
My 4g is not working after I installed froyo... but everything else works great. I installed the wimax and broadband radio like you said but I get nothing. Please let me know if this is suppose to be working or not. Thanks for all your hard work.
Drew i had this exact problem, are you 100% certain that the original pc36img, engpc36img and the rom1-pc36img were completely flashed before flashing froyo, also did you wipe data and cache first? I flashed radio and wimax after flashing rom1 but before flashing froyo. Hope this helps
Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

offical htc evo kernel released 2day !!!

http://developer.htc.com/

Does this mean new rom update ?? If so/not , what will this do for us ??

( 8mp, hdmi, undervolt, tether, OC ) U THINK ??
Old 08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ibdman21 is a n00b

Netarchy has his new kernal out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development