View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Hey guys what is the SDK 4?

The info in the first page
Software Developers Kit. It has a ton of tools in it for devs to play with. I'm no developer but I do like to learn and tinker.
The tool most useful to users is adb. That allows us to apply code and move apps.
It also has device drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Looks like we have some flashing in our future....the source is out hopefully netarchy is on it.

http://developer.htc.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgallo View Post
My 4g is not working after I installed froyo... but everything else works great. I installed the wimax and broadband radio like you said but I get nothing. Please let me know if this is suppose to be working or not. Thanks for all your hard work.
Yes, 4G works. How did you get to Froyo? What ROM were you on before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Question?.... u think "simple root" would work in this guys case? I've been thinking of doing simple root on my 2nd EVO.. but I don't wanna mess up my wife's phone. Unrevocked didn't turn out to well attaining full root. I have read various other forums where ppl r claiming u do get full root in just a few simple steps...

Your thoughts...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
That Dude is all set I believe. Simple root works. It's just the automatic process for the manual steps listed in FastRX8's tutorial.
The unrevoked team is working on some VERY interesting ideas, stay tuned.
For now, go with Simple root or Fast's tut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
This may have been answered already, but anybody know the benefit the latest OTA will give and what does this mean for any new ROMS that will be cooked?
I know not to install anything from Sprint because I don't want to break my custom ROM.

From endgadget.

HTC EVO 4G Froyo .6 update starts OTA rollout for early adopters
By Sean Hollister posted Aug 10th 2010 at 11:15PM
Sure, XDADevelopers has had an unofficial fix for a few days, but we understand your hesitation -- installing custom firmware is how you got burned in the first place. Thankfully for you, HTC is now beaming the official EVO 4G patch over the airwaves, which updates your tainted 3.26.561.3 dairy dessert to a more toothsome 3.26.561.6. Just scoot on over to Settings > System Updates and invoke the download -- assuming Sprint is being nice in your area -- or wait it out and your handset might even update itself.
Thanks.
That is just the patch that HTC released to get those users that applied the stock .3 software pre-release up to speed since their phones would not do another OTA. All custom ROMs are on the .6 software.