PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo
Carrier: Sprint

xfreak44 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

OMJ what did you change between 1.7 and 1.9EnamoRed, for some reason after i upgraded to 1.9 my battery life sucks i don't even use the phone it drains way to fast. I kill all tasks that i don't need or use. also my phone feels a lot hotter. maybe its just me but something is wrong.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

yes sir i understand that but tonight will be the froyo release for HTC EVO 4G my friend did you read the threads that are on the begening thats what i making this question
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Ok... I'm running into a snag now.. I can't get the data.img to load up. I get the following error when I type "fastboot flash userdata data.img"

sending 'userdata' <304138 kb> ... FAILED <remote: data length is too large>

I did a ROM manager backup and I'm using the data.img from it to try and restore my stuff.. What I did was go from v1.9enamored to v1.8 (I'm not liking the themes..)
Could it be that since I'm downgrading I'm getting the error? v1.9 to v.1.8??? HELP, PLEASE.. I've Wiped and I can't backup

EDIT:
I just realized the backup is WIERD... For some reason it's PREDATED to 7/30/2010 at 1:20AM?? I did the backup 7/29/2010 around 9:30PM.. Why would it have another date?? CRAP.. I hope my phone doesn't have a virus now??

EDIT #2:
Note to Self: ROM Manager BACKUP, Make sure you do ROM Manager RESTORE.
I just learned that the data.img file created with ROm Manager would not restore under fastboot and using pc cmd window. I kept getting errors. So I went to recovery and found the restore and it took me to the ROM Manager backups. I did advanced restore and only selected DATA. And a few minutes later.. EVERYTHING is back.. I hope it runs good though...

Last edited by richarc93; 07-29-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Omj just a question why does my overheats while im using 3g setting on?

This never happened to me until today ..

The phone was super hot i had to remove the battery and let it cool down
Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Omj just a question why does my overheats while im using 3g setting on?

This never happened to me until today ..

The phone was super hot i had to remove the battery and let it cool down
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=iknowsquat;1889155]How many of your old backups are you saving?

Well, you left off one critical piece of information. ...WTH is your BATTERY level?

YOU are correct...BATTERY level with what I posted was critical (below 10%)...any help would be appreciated...I am running 1.9 with konikub theme...must be things I am leaving on as I see so many reports of people getting much better results..I have exchange email set to 10 mins..
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ok... I'm running into a snag now.. I can't get the data.img to load up. I get the following error when I type "fastboot flash userdata data.img"

sending 'userdata' <304138 kb> ... FAILED <remote: data length is too large>

I did a ROM manager backup and I'm using the data.img from it to try and restore my stuff.. What I did was go from v1.9enamored to v1.8 (I'm not liking the themes..)
Could it be that since I'm downgrading I'm getting the error? v1.9 to v.1.8??? HELP, PLEASE.. I've Wiped and I can't backup

EDIT:
I just realized the backup is WIERD... For some reason it's PREDATED to 7/30/2010 at 1:20AM?? I did the backup 7/29/2010 around 9:30PM.. Why would it have another date?? CRAP.. I hope my phone doesn't have a virus now??
Well your data.img is enormous (that's not a compliment ) my last one is about half the size. Mine was done through nand, dont know if ROM Manager is making that large or not. I have seen posts in other threads on other devices reporting that error.
What I would do is start over. Restore a ROM before 1.9-I think you said you had others? OR worst case scenario restore the 1.9. Then do a nand backup. You can flash amon RA recovery via ROM Manager (it's at the bottom of the menu-flash alternate recovery) if you are using Clockwork. You could then compare the image sizes and see of ROM Manager makes it that size or not.
Use Titanium backup to save your data and then try restore the data.img from the nand. If it's still too big at least you'll have TiBackup to um....back you up.
Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 07-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post

YOU are correct...BATTERY level with what I posted was critical (below 10%)...any help would be appreciated...I am running 1.9 with konikub theme...must be things I am leaving on as I see so many reports of people getting much better results..I have exchange email set to 10 mins..
How did you get to 1.9? Did you wipe before the flash? Is the ONLY change the new ROM? ALL your settings are the same?
I can't imagine how cosmetic changes could effect battery life but that is all 1.9 is, cosmetic changes of 1.8 (and two or three updated apps). I'm basing this off of my WinMo cooking experience (rudimentary at best), maybe Android is different? But I seriously doubt it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
yes sir i understand that but tonight will be the froyo release for HTC EVO 4G my friend did you read the threads that are on the begening thats what i making this question
I was pretty sure you knew to wait but I was just making sure (and to give a heads up to others that may read your post).

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

got you, keep waiting at least not really much
Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

[QUOTE=iknowsquat;1889255]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post

How did you get to 1.9? Did you wipe before the flash? Is the ONLY change the new ROM? ALL your settings are the same?
I can't imagine how cosmetic changes could effect battery life but that is all 1.9 is, cosmetic changes of 1.8 (and two or three updated apps). I'm basing this off of my WinMo cooking experience (rudimentary at best), maybe Android is different? But I seriously doubt it.
a cosmetic change is doing a lot for me my battery dies so much faster now and my phone gets hotter. i love this theme but it think its not worth the short battery life

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development