View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
richarc93
Regular 'Geeker

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Ok... I'm running into a snag now.. I can't get the data.img to load up. I get the following error when I type "fastboot flash userdata data.img"

sending 'userdata' <304138 kb> ... FAILED <remote: data length is too large>

I did a ROM manager backup and I'm using the data.img from it to try and restore my stuff.. What I did was go from v1.9enamored to v1.8 (I'm not liking the themes..)
Could it be that since I'm downgrading I'm getting the error? v1.9 to v.1.8??? HELP, PLEASE.. I've Wiped and I can't backup

EDIT:
I just realized the backup is WIERD... For some reason it's PREDATED to 7/30/2010 at 1:20AM?? I did the backup 7/29/2010 around 9:30PM.. Why would it have another date?? CRAP.. I hope my phone doesn't have a virus now??

EDIT #2:
Note to Self: ROM Manager BACKUP, Make sure you do ROM Manager RESTORE.
I just learned that the data.img file created with ROm Manager would not restore under fastboot and using pc cmd window. I kept getting errors. So I went to recovery and found the restore and it took me to the ROM Manager backups. I did advanced restore and only selected DATA. And a few minutes later.. EVERYTHING is back.. I hope it runs good though...

Last edited by richarc93; 07-29-2010 at 10:47 PM.