View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ok... I'm running into a snag now.. I can't get the data.img to load up. I get the following error when I type "fastboot flash userdata data.img"

sending 'userdata' <304138 kb> ... FAILED <remote: data length is too large>

I did a ROM manager backup and I'm using the data.img from it to try and restore my stuff.. What I did was go from v1.9enamored to v1.8 (I'm not liking the themes..)
Could it be that since I'm downgrading I'm getting the error? v1.9 to v.1.8??? HELP, PLEASE.. I've Wiped and I can't backup

EDIT:
I just realized the backup is WIERD... For some reason it's PREDATED to 7/30/2010 at 1:20AM?? I did the backup 7/29/2010 around 9:30PM.. Why would it have another date?? CRAP.. I hope my phone doesn't have a virus now??
Well your data.img is enormous (that's not a compliment ) my last one is about half the size. Mine was done through nand, dont know if ROM Manager is making that large or not. I have seen posts in other threads on other devices reporting that error.
What I would do is start over. Restore a ROM before 1.9-I think you said you had others? OR worst case scenario restore the 1.9. Then do a nand backup. You can flash amon RA recovery via ROM Manager (it's at the bottom of the menu-flash alternate recovery) if you are using Clockwork. You could then compare the image sizes and see of ROM Manager makes it that size or not.
Use Titanium backup to save your data and then try restore the data.img from the nand. If it's still too big at least you'll have TiBackup to um....back you up.
Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Clarity