PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

I wanted to try 6.5.3 with the new Leo dialer that has been talked about, so I cooked up a 28014. ROM is good, but dont like the dialer, so I cooked one up with Phone canvas 3.4 and Phone dialer black.

Sooo, is there a fix to get the number keypad to work while in call? Checking voicemail and hit "keypad" and it acted like a menu button, it didnt bring up the numbers. Is there a fix, or does it just not like 6.5.3?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
the big plus for me & others is that when you have FaceBook setup, it will now display the contacts current FB pic....when using the rhodium dialer it would display the original phonebook pic
Hey OMJ, so it this Leo dialer actually a GSM dialer? I assume it is and that's why the data arrows don't work properly and it has the conference call button ... and if so, has there even been a CDMA Leo made to port the dialer from?

@ Anybody... I know it has been discussed in the past but I don't remember seeing the answer... Has the bug with the icons going blurry after sending a text been fixed? The one where you just have to hit the back key and then they jump back to normal. If so, which package fixed this so I can cook it in instead? Thanks

Last edited by Vancer; 01-20-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

one more question..

What file do I need to edit to make the SHASHIMI thing to stop popping up after the Customization is done?

I don't use SASHIMI so everytime I cook a new ROM, there is an error message at the end of the customization reading:
"The file : \WINDOWS\SASHIMIAR.xml does not exist!"

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
one more question..

What file do I need to edit to make the SHASHIMI thing to stop popping up after the Customization is done?

I don't use SASHIMI so everytime I cook a new ROM, there is an error message at the end of the customization reading:
"The file : \WINDOWS\SASHIMIAR.xml does not exist!"
The config_operator.txt file ... it is here...

EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier-Generic\files

I assume you are using the generic carrier since I'm pretty sure that is the only one that OMJ modified the config_operator.txt in...
Just remove this line... XML: \WINDOWS\SASHIMIAR.xml and you'll be good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
The config_operator.txt file ... it is here...

EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\Carrier-Generic\files

I assume you are using the generic carrier since I'm pretty sure that is the only one that OMJ modified the config_operator.txt in...
Just remove this line... XML: \WINDOWS\SASHIMIAR.xml and you'll be good to go.
Thanks..thats what I ended up doing. Well, kinda. Just before your replay, I saw a post by OMJ that was about editing the config_operator file. I noticed that the other carrier files had Start_Menu.xml instead of SASHIMIAR.xml so I made the change. Will this have any adverse affects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@ Anybody... I know it has been discussed in the past but I don't remember seeing the answer... Has the bug with the icons going blurry after sending a text been fixed? The one where you just have to hit the back key and then they jump back to normal. If so, which package fixed this so I can cook it in instead? Thanks
I actually had that happen to me with the latest 2.5 ROM too (28014) so I don't think its been fixed.

I haven't seen the bug in 2.1 yet.

Last edited by aeropatel; 01-20-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
Thanks..thats what I ended up doing. Well, kinda. Just before your replay, I saw a post by OMJ that was about editing the config_operator file. I noticed that the other carrier files had Start_Menu.xml instead of SASHIMIAR.xml so I made the change. Will this have any adverse affects?
Na, don't think so... pretty sure i remember OMJ saying that the start_menu.xml didn't do much anymore. I think it's still present in one of the EXTs so it will just run with it. If it's not in the \Windows for some reason it might throw an error similar to missing the sashimiar.xml and if so just go back and delete that line completely out of the config_operator.txt
Old 01-20-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

How do I add a new SIP to the kitchen?

This is what I have done.

I converted a cab file to an EXT folder and placed it in:

EXT > Diamond > Common > Packages

Do I need to change/add anything else to cook a rom using the new SIP?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone else having the issue with the start menu icons showing up on top of each other every time you open a different menu? I cooked 28014 3 times with same results.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 AM
N00b

El Mono is just getting started

As always, thanks OMJ. Decided to load 28014 again - seems to work fine for the most part (no issue with the start icon) - though it still "smears" in calendar.
Just out of morbid curiousity - any progress on 28205/23518?
Thanks for the hard work OMJ.
El Mono
Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mono View Post
As always, thanks OMJ. Decided to load 28014 again - seems to work fine for the most part (no issue with the start icon) - though it still "smears" in calendar.
Just out of morbid curiousity - any progress on 28205/23518?
Thanks for the hard work OMJ.
El Mono
That's a better way to describe it. I couldnt think of the word last night, but the start menu is smearing just like the calander time setter

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development