PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

86gn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
No go on the sense I just deleted the whole archive to start over again. tried mystery kitchen to see if it works. same thing just says loading htc sense what is really messed up is I made roms put them on the phone a few days ago with both kitchens. I tried adding the 2 packages to the mystery rom but I'm getting tired lol I will work on it again tomorow I am putting omj's sense 1.2 28002 rom on it that I did NOT build. and I left every SYS oh and the rom just came up. and the clock (sense) loaded so back to square one. I will research how to dump a rom tomorow a dump is just putting the list of what the build has so others can look at it right? I thought I would be clever and copy and paste the screen from the kitchen and slap it into a txt file or something. but that didn't work either. just not my night for phone rom building! hehe.

hop in chat 86gn if you will be around for a while (the one in forums) I will get on there.
ok in chat
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

Quote:
I FOUND THE FIX TO ALBUM ART UPDATING!!!

ok so there are 2 reg edits missing...
ill just put them here and a cab
here it is:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Music]
"Cust_Music_Store"=dword:1 (dont have to add it for it to work)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\AudioManager_Eng\i nformation]
"connect_setting"=dword:1 (must add)
What version of audio engine are you running ? 1.7 or 2.0?

nvm: nice find man, did you find that yourself? I've been trying to figure this out for weeks!

Last edited by omnicronx; 12-14-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
What version of audio engine are you running ? 1.7 or 2.0?

nvm: nice find man, did you find that yourself? I've been trying to figure this out for weeks!
yeah... i found it myself...
i looked at the original leo package that doesnt come from xda.... and on the music tab 2.5 folder there are somethings different... and that was a few of them.
i actually think u would have to add the (custom_music_store) edit to get the "shop for music" to go to amazon, but not sure.
there are more things missing in other folders...(rededits and such...) but unless there is a problem there is nothing to worrie about.
but just as a piece of advise... it seems that if something is not working or making manila crash we should just try to refer back to the leo packages(the ones from everythingdiamond and not the ones from the 2.5 xda thread and thier regedits and dll versions). i used the 1.49 vkdump which has all of the 1921 manila original files in it.

btw... did u try the cab or just added? cuz i never got a chance to check the cab...

Last edited by amikam; 12-14-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Nah I just inserted the reg entries manually, but I looked at the cab and it should work fine

Although the dll entry is probably redundant as audio manager couldn't have been working at all without it.

VERY good find, I actually did try comparing everything in the latest leo dumps (over and over..) and I wasnt the only one heh.. Since it used to work for me I figured it had something to do with some dependency issue, or perhaps the version I was using Even Energy who had it working in his ROMS had no idea.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Nah I just inserted the reg entries manually, but I looked at the cab and it should work fine

Although the dll entry is probably redundant as audio manager couldn't have been working at all without it.

VERY good find, I actually did try comparing everything in the latest leo dumps (over and over..) and I wasnt the only one heh.. Since it used to work for me I figured it had something to do with some dependency issue, or perhaps the version I was using Even Energy who had it working in his ROMS had no idea.
this is one of those things that u can't noticed as a cook cuz i dont think that a cook actually notice every reg file in the packages he got. and nrg never used the wvga packages from the 2.5 thread at xda... as far as i noticed he always used the dumps from leo's which i guess u can kinda tell if u look in his rom's files since he got so many thing that will work only if u had the leo in his roms.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
No go on the sense I just deleted the whole archive to start over again. tried mystery kitchen to see if it works. same thing just says loading htc sense what is really messed up is I made roms put them on the phone a few days ago with both kitchens. I tried adding the 2 packages to the mystery rom but I'm getting tired lol I will work on it again tomorow I am putting omj's sense 1.2 28002 rom on it that I did NOT build. and I left every SYS oh and the rom just came up. and the clock (sense) loaded so back to square one. I will research how to dump a rom tomorow a dump is just putting the list of what the build has so others can look at it right? I thought I would be clever and copy and paste the screen from the kitchen and slap it into a txt file or something. but that didn't work either. just not my night for phone rom building! hehe.

hop in chat 86gn if you will be around for a while (the one in forums) I will get on there.
I have found that when I have this problem it is usually due to removing some of the Manila options. OMJ's ROMs come with Footprints disabled, but whenever I tried disabling other options that I don't use (like Stocks or Twitter), I found that Sense wouldn't start. Now I cook all the options in, but hide the tabs in Manila.

JZR
Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
as far as i noticed he always used the dumps from leo's which i guess u can kinda tell if u look in his rom's files since he got so many thing that will work only if u had the leo in his roms.
Almost all my files are from the leo dump (dumped myself from the ruu in vk), I havnt been using the files on the XDA page. Had looked at all 3 leo dumps, the audio manager reg doesnt include the entries you've found

People forget XDA is all GSM, so you can't always rely on the files they post, sometimes you have to figure it out yourself or find someone who has.. once again, very nice Music tab looks so sexy now that I have album art for all my songs.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
yeah... i found it myself...
i looked at the original leo package that doesnt come from xda.... and on the music tab 2.5 folder there are somethings different... and that was a few of them.
i actually think u would have to add the (custom_music_store) edit to get the "shop for music" to go to amazon, but not sure.
there are more things missing in other folders...(rededits and such...) but unless there is a problem there is nothing to worrie about.
but just as a piece of advise... it seems that if something is not working or making manila crash we should just try to refer back to the leo packages(the ones from everythingdiamond and not the ones from the 2.5 xda thread and thier regedits and dll versions). i used the 1.49 vkdump which has all of the 1921 manila original files in it.

btw... did u try the cab or just added? cuz i never got a chance to check the cab...
So what version is it? Is the one we cook in from OMJs 1.4 kitchen the right one to work with the reg edits you posted or do we need and different one?

Great work
Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
So what version is it? Is the one we cook in from OMJs 1.4 kitchen the right one to work with the reg edits you posted or do we need and different one?
Doesnt seem to matter, you just need the reg entries.. The one in the kitchen should work..(its the same as the one I'm using)

amikam: NOW I see the entries in the dump haha, in the Manila Music Package
Was looking over and over in the audio engine package itself.. Shame as I usually do check the dump and compare it to what I have so these mistakes don't happen haha.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

I cooked in the previously posted swype and skyfire 1.5 ppc in the directory EXT/Diamond/common/packages

They wer on the rom I selected them true but did not find skyfire or swype on the phone anywhere? do I need to put them in another part of the kitchen folders? or disable something in the kitchen?

btw everyone after I reloaded the kitchen from scratch and loaded up a template it loaded the sense just fine which is great! I must have had something in manilla or something that wasn't setup right. I had left all the manilla sense oem sys etc all alone.

edit I looked at how the others look it was in packages/example/example/files the example being it was in another directory. so next time I will try it again and see. now its in ..packages/example/files so I bet that will solve that problem.

Last edited by Jadall; 12-14-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: new info

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development