PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Doesnt seem to matter, you just need the reg entries.. The one in the kitchen should work..(its the same as the one I'm using)

amikam: NOW I see the entries in the dump haha, in the Manila Music Package
Was looking over and over in the audio engine package itself.. Shame as I usually do check the dump and compare it to what I have so these mistakes don't happen haha.
at least now nrg wont be the only cdma rom that has that working so everyones 2.5 will be closer to perfect.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055/21870/23504/28002 | 12/05/09

So can someone tell me how I would go about cooking in custom reg edits?

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
just edit the existing ones, thats what i do... but i try to make sure that its in the final packages so nothing will overwrite it.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
just edit the existing ones, thats what i do... but i try to make sure that its in the final packages so nothing will overwrite it.
Existing ones? Where would that be?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Existing ones? Where would that be?
ill give u an example... u want to add regedits right?
so just go inside virtual kitchen and you will see on your left side a "editors menu" select "app.reg editor" and push on show editor.
that will give u all the app.reg files u got in your packages... double click and u can edit which ever u want.
in order for it to actually cook in just make sure u adding those edits into a package that u actually cook in and not just any package.
and done...
if u dont want to do it this way... just go into the packages folders and inside most them there is a app.reg file that u can add things to...
again just keep in mind that u might want to add them to one of the packages that vk cooks in last just to be sure that no other edits will overwrite what u have done.
i really hope thats what u were looking for...
good luck.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
I FOUND THE FIX TO ALBUM ART UPDATING!!!

ok so there are 2 reg edits missing...
ill just put them here and a cab
here it is:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Music]
"Cust_Music_Store"=dword:1 (dont have to add it for it to work)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\AudioManager_Eng\i nformation]
"connect_setting"=dword:1 (must add)

ok so for anyone who would like to cook it in just add these two edits to any app.reg (or any .reg file) inside a package that u r cooking into your rom.

and the cab: (if anyone has more then those two reg edits missing)
http://hotfile.com/dl/20592367/3f3fe...a_2.5.cab.html

u might need to soft reset after... but these are the two reg edit u would need to add and everything works like a charm!!!
edit: only the "connect_setting" must be added although the other one will add an extra tab to the menu in the "update album art" tab after u update so that u can see what it found and be able to download the pic's (atleast i think thats what that does, cuz i noticed that on nrg rom it never gave me that option but only once i added those two it work for me on a rom that i cooked using mystery kitchen).

thx man, works like a champ!

Quote:
depends on which regs your wanting to edit. sometimes i edit in each package or \OEM\Diamond\Common\Tweaks - Registry
Old 12-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
ill give u an example... u want to add regedits right?
so just go inside virtual kitchen and you will see on your left side a "editors menu" select "app.reg editor" and push on show editor.
that will give u all the app.reg files u got in your packages... double click and u can edit which ever u want.
in order for it to actually cook in just make sure u adding those edits into a package that u actually cook in and not just any package.
and done...
if u dont want to do it this way... just go into the packages folders and inside most them there is a app.reg file that u can add things to...
again just keep in mind that u might want to add them to one of the packages that vk cooks in last just to be sure that no other edits will overwrite what u have done.
i really hope thats what u were looking for...
good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
depends on which regs your wanting to edit. sometimes i edit in each package or \OEM\Diamond\Common\Tweaks - Registry
Ok so You can just put whatever reg edits into any app.reg? Like I could put a reg key for the internet tab into the app.reg of the google maps EXT and it would still work? Just verifying thats what you're saying.

OMJ what I'm trying to do is add the latest album art update reg fixes into the VK so that it will work after flashing without having to install the fix cab or add the reg manually.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

86gn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
I cooked in the previously posted swype and skyfire 1.5 ppc in the directory EXT/Diamond/common/packages

They wer on the rom I selected them true but did not find skyfire or swype on the phone anywhere? do I need to put them in another part of the kitchen folders? or disable something in the kitchen?

btw everyone after I reloaded the kitchen from scratch and loaded up a template it loaded the sense just fine which is great! I must have had something in manilla or something that wasn't setup right. I had left all the manilla sense oem sys etc all alone.

edit I looked at how the others look it was in packages/example/example/files the example being it was in another directory. so next time I will try it again and see. now its in ..packages/example/files so I bet that will solve that problem.
You dont need to disable anything, just select the 2 packs in the kitchen. If they are installed the skyfire shortcut will be listed when you hit start and you will see swipe as a keyboard option. I place all my EXTs in the folder EXT/SHARED/PACKAGES. Then fire up the kitchen and select the template you want and also select the 2 packages you added then hit create rom.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Ok so You can just put whatever reg edits into any app.reg? Like I could put a reg key for the internet tab into the app.reg of the google maps EXT and it would still work? Just verifying thats what you're saying.

OMJ what I'm trying to do is add the latest album art update reg fixes into the VK so that it will work after flashing without having to install the fix cab or add the reg manually.
if all u want to do is just add those specific edits... then yes... since im sure nothing will overwrite since they dont exist...
just add them wherever... or googlemaps like u said...(if included in your rom) it would work.
since it seems like u really not sure... here is the app.reg that is meant to be in the folder: \EXT\Shared\010_HTCSense_1920_Main\Manila_Music_2_ 5_19203820_0\
just replace the one i gave u here with the existing one thats in there.
http://hotfile.com/dl/20743283/29fc5c6/app.reg.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:34 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx man, works like a champ!

I put the Registries in but when i try and update the album art, it says it cannot connect. Anyone else have this issue?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development