PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

OMJ, I'm running the 28011?? (the last one you posted for testing), I was sitting playing a game today and everytime I got a txt msg I would get the alert at the top but the keyboard would also pop up, this didn't happen in the earlier ones, plus going into the txt msg screens, it's lagging pretty bad, like it did before you did that fix a few updates ago
Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Nathan_Barstow14 is a n00b
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

I also tried the 28002 v1.3 today and was having problems with the keyboard not coming up. I hard-reset several times and reflashed. I just went back to the 28005.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
which pictures? I have the sample pix removed from SYS & Album package.....I just noticed a cool thing about Album 3.2, when u open then hit albums soft key, it has all the albums seperated nicely.....maybe you are referring to the wallpapers?
Whoops, I bet I made a mistake then, and probably forgot to delete them from my Internal Storage prior to my flash.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 AM
SL.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

SL. is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Barstow14 View Post
I also tried the 28002 v1.3 today and was having problems with the keyboard not coming up. I hard-reset several times and reflashed. I just went back to the 28005.
same here regarding the keyboard problem. so i just flashed to the newest build instead, no problem with the keyboard there.

Sprint Customer for 4+ Years
SERO 500 : 3 Lines : 20% Loyalty Discount : 1 HTC Diamond : 1 HTC Touch

HTC Diamond :ROM: OMJ Sense
Old 12-20-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

the sole issue that i faced so far with the latest 28011 bill is that i am unable to change phone options. it does nothing when i click on menu and options from the keypad. also there is no option for changing phone settings from settings>>personal>>. i mean the option of phone is missing thereof other thab that, no issues so far. never faced the keyboard thing because i install ezinput with compact qwerty as soon as i flash.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:59 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEx View Post
If you're not aware there is a fix for landscape camera.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=603220
yeah, Kisja also posted it in the Sense thread.....I havent really looked at it but what is the fix for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
more:
have you looked at the qilin dialer posted by amarullz on xda? its obviously best suited for gsm because it supports video dialing, but it says it takes less ram and is smoother than rhodium, and since it is made for manila 2.5 maybe it will work with facebook pictures, as the current dialer we use does not. have you looked into this omj?

also, amarullz posted a few updated manila files today (well, a mod, not an update) that removes the fade-in animation of the mail, calendar, photo, and music tabs. i updated the files myself and can say they work well- i'm quite excited about it because as often as i use the mail tab, that fade animation is just too much for my diamond and it really slows me down.

edit: new question now...
is there a trick to getting facebook album to work? i haven't tried much, but if i go to a friends contact card that is linked to facebook, and click open facebook album i will see there albums on facebook, but clicking on the album brings up a bunch of blank thumbnails with a "no" icon on it (circle with line through it). pressing any of these icons will expand it like its about to open a file, but then freeze the phone, and i have to take off the battery cover and use my stylus to reset it. i have tried this with multiple albums over multiple contacts over multiple resets and gotten the same result. i have not hard reset. is anyone else experiencing this, or have i done something to mess this up?

edit2:addendum
the no-bg4all manila files put up earlier by omj breaks manila locker. for manila locker to work again i had to download the manila locker files and replace the correct file using the 12 links (no bg4all) option of the locker. simple solution, but wanted to let anyone else know in case they were having the same issue.
--no I havent tried the qilin dialer, I didnt know the dialer would affect the facebook feature....I can test it out to see.

--yes, I cooked a rom w/ the new files.....I know I'm getting old but I dont see much difference.

--sorry, havent tested much w/ the facebook options

--oops, I copied from the wrong package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
Hey I have been running you rom for a bit hoping for an update soon anyway here are the problems I have. I can't delete photos when viewing them in album view. The album view of my friends face book photos doesn't work either. Having my phone running this long it has seemed to slow down but I think that maybe because of Xtrakt. I'm not sure but either way I'm going reinstall it in hopes to bring back the speed. Also I know this is a lot to ask with all the add features but my battery life seems to be way down.

Thanks for your hard work, I enjoy it very much.
I played around w/ the new Album, it appears you need to open the album 1st, then hit menu/delete items, then select the pix u want to delete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
OMJ, I'm running the 28011?? (the last one you posted for testing), I was sitting playing a game today and everytime I got a txt msg I would get the alert at the top but the keyboard would also pop up, this didn't happen in the earlier ones, plus going into the txt msg screens, it's lagging pretty bad, like it did before you did that fix a few updates ago
I'll test it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetcrazy View Post
the sole issue that i faced so far with the latest 28011 bill is that i am unable to change phone options. it does nothing when i click on menu and options from the keypad. also there is no option for changing phone settings from settings>>personal>>. i mean the option of phone is missing thereof other thab that, no issues so far. never faced the keyboard thing because i install ezinput with compact qwerty as soon as i flash.
hmm, I'm running 28011 too & cant open phone options.....gonna check on it
Old 12-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

Quote:
yeah, Kisja also posted it in the Sense thread.....I havent really looked at it but what is the fix for?

--no I havent tried the qilin dialer, I didnt know the dialer would affect the facebook feature....I can test it out to see.

--yes, I cooked a rom w/ the new files.....I know I'm getting old but I dont see much difference.

hmm, I'm running 28011 too & cant open phone options.....gonna check on it
-the fix basically makes pictures taken in landscape show up as landscape- previously with sense and sdk4 if you took a picture with the phone sideways it still showed up as portrait because the camera didnt work with the new sdk4, this patch supposedly fixes that.

-the facebook feature i'm referring to is the facebook picture (not album)- currently when someone calls you it is whatever picture you have saved to your phone that shows up as their caller ID picture, i was just wondering if the new dialer would fix that problem and phone calls coming from people with a new facebook picture would display their new facebook picture (i'm hoping it does work because back in manila 2.1 with facebook the pictures showed up when using the vga rhodium dialer which was made for 2.1- since qilin is supposedly made for sense i'm hoping that's a feature)

-maybe you just don't have as many emails as me, but i don't think that would make a difference. flipping between emails is marginally faster, but what i noticed mostly was when you go to the email tab it's near-instant now instead of watching the envelopes fade in. it may be my imagination but i feel like emails open quicker too because there is no (or shorter) open-email animation where the envelope gets larger

-no phone option here either, going to the options from dialer does nothing, and it's not an option in the settings menu, probably just left out so no harm done
Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 PM
iondokk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Cool Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Hey OMJ i've been running 28005 for about 10 day's now and aside from having a freeze up a couple of times opening email when I had over 20 emails in the box, and the removing the lower set of program shortcuts it has run flawless... so much that I have not been able to bring myself to try any of the newer 28xxx roms. I use this phone primarily for business and aside from the groups contact thing I mentioned in an earlier post I'm very satisfied. I am looking forward to panoramic backgrounds and slide to shut down. I guess i did notice if i used Ramcleaner on auto it would glitch a little. so keep up the great work. and THANX
Old 12-21-2009, 09:52 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
-the fix basically makes pictures taken in landscape show up as landscape- previously with sense and sdk4 if you took a picture with the phone sideways it still showed up as portrait because the camera didnt work with the new sdk4, this patch supposedly fixes that.

-the facebook feature i'm referring to is the facebook picture (not album)- currently when someone calls you it is whatever picture you have saved to your phone that shows up as their caller ID picture, i was just wondering if the new dialer would fix that problem and phone calls coming from people with a new facebook picture would display their new facebook picture (i'm hoping it does work because back in manila 2.1 with facebook the pictures showed up when using the vga rhodium dialer which was made for 2.1- since qilin is supposedly made for sense i'm hoping that's a feature)

-maybe you just don't have as many emails as me, but i don't think that would make a difference. flipping between emails is marginally faster, but what i noticed mostly was when you go to the email tab it's near-instant now instead of watching the envelopes fade in. it may be my imagination but i feel like emails open quicker too because there is no (or shorter) open-email animation where the envelope gets larger

-no phone option here either, going to the options from dialer does nothing, and it's not an option in the settings menu, probably just left out so no harm done
-maybe I'm slow or missing something....but when I view my pix taken from camera, they show as landscape

-yeah, I knew what you were referring to, I'll have to test it out

-I have like 5 pop/imap + exchange accounts....but I usually always open the inbox, the "mark all as read".....but yeah, I was playin w/ it, flicking through emails via the mail tab, and its much faster

-which rom are u using? not sure how I left out....I did change a couple drivers in OEM, so maybe thats what affected it

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
Hey OMJ i've been running 28005 for about 10 day's now and aside from having a freeze up a couple of times opening email when I had over 20 emails in the box, and the removing the lower set of program shortcuts it has run flawless... so much that I have not been able to bring myself to try any of the newer 28xxx roms. I use this phone primarily for business and aside from the groups contact thing I mentioned in an earlier post I'm very satisfied. I am looking forward to panoramic backgrounds and slide to shut down. I guess i did notice if i used Ramcleaner on auto it would glitch a little. so keep up the great work. and THANX
thx, glad to hear it....

I really prefer 6.5.3 SYS. The email freezing was really annoying me, so I went back to 21882. It didnt last long though, I really missed the bottom buttons. So now I'm back on 28011, and luv it!

Maybe thats the key to the email freezing issues, having alot emails, but it may be only x amount of unread emails. I dont see alot of freezing, it happens more after a fresh flash when I'm re-downloading all my email & there's well over 100 new emails. Many of my accounts have over 20 emails, but it's not uncommon to see 20+ new emails in the am.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

Quote:
-maybe I'm slow or missing something....but when I view my pix taken from camera, they show as landscape

-which rom are u using? not sure how I left out....I did change a couple drivers in OEM, so maybe thats what affected it
-weird, maybe it was just a strange occurance by me then. the day i flashed this rom i took a landscape picture and it showed up as portrait, so i installed the 'fix'; i just took a landscape picture to test and it came up as landscape so it works for sure now, but maybe there was nothing really wrong with it and it was just coincidental that all this happened around the same time.

-i'm on your 28011, the most recent i believe. it has manila locker, but i don't remember if i got it the first or second time you posted it, or maybe you updated a different sys...hard to keep track of all the work you do!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development