PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Another question, anyway to specify what app launches with the Sense Start Menu icon.

I have Launchpad installed and it launches from the top Built in Start Menu but the Sense Start Menu still launches the built in start menu

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

OMJ, is there any way that you could delete the default sample pictures that come with Manila under the Pictures slider from the ROM? It'd probably save a few more kilobytes, but more importantly to me, save me the trouble of deleting them on every reflash!

Thanks for the great ROM!
Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
just a few things on my agenda today

1. is there a way to disable background4all in the rom, or do i just have to cook my own rom without it?

2. i had the same problem with 28002, i hard reset multiple times because whenever i tried to input my password for my outlook account the keyboard wouldn't come up, and never came up again, i eventually switched to 28011 and haven't seen the problem.

3. the weather on 'my location' says "center", does that happen to anyone else? i'm really confused by this because i've seen my city before, i've seen my state before, but i've never seen it say "center", that's not even a location near me. i even googled this problem to no avail

aside from that, the rom is smooth as butter and my favorite yet... love it! thank you OMJ my friend.
1. No, you dont have to cook... I'll post the manila file to copy to \windows for non-BG4ALL....See Attached file

2. I've never seen that, but I have my Outlook account built during UC

3. I've never seen that either....I've always had a city, though it may not be 100% accurate......strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Another question, anyway to specify what app launches with the Sense Start Menu icon.

I have Launchpad installed and it launches from the top Built in Start Menu but the Sense Start Menu still launches the built in start menu
your question is alittle confusing....it sounds like you're referring to the Windows Start icon to open the "Start Menu"?

I know I used to use QuickMenu, and it could be configured to launch when hitting the start icon or the start word.....if this is what you're asking, I would think it would be configured in that app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
OMJ, is there any way that you could delete the default sample pictures that come with Manila under the Pictures slider from the ROM? It'd probably save a few more kilobytes, but more importantly to me, save me the trouble of deleting them on every reflash!

Thanks for the great ROM!
which pictures? I have the sample pix removed from SYS & Album package.....I just noticed a cool thing about Album 3.2, when u open then hit albums soft key, it has all the albums seperated nicely.....maybe you are referring to the wallpapers?
Attached Files
File Type: rar no.BG4ALL.rar (10.8 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 12-19-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

ezzie1971 is keeping up the good workezzie1971 is keeping up the good work

weird issue.....i'm using the new WM 6.5.3 28011 v1.1 and for some reason i can no longer see my gif , jpg, and png files i have saved to my internal storage unless i search thru album. with all of your other roms i've been able to click on the file and see the image. Did i do something wrong or is there some file i'm missing?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzie1971 View Post
weird issue.....i'm using the new WM 6.5.3 28011 v1.1 and for some reason i can no longer see my gif , jpg, and png files i have saved to my internal storage unless i search thru album. with all of your other roms i've been able to click on the file and see the image. Did i do something wrong or is there some file i'm missing?

I see what u mean....I can view np through Album, but if I try to open by clicking on the jpg, it says no program associated.

I'm sure it's related to the new album 3.2....I'll have to dig around to see if there's some code missing.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

MikeEx is becoming a great contributor

If you're not aware there is a fix for landscape camera.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=603220
Radio: Sprint Radio V1.11.00F
Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

thanks for the file omj, getting it set up now
and to the center 'my location' problem, it does show the correct weather for my current location, so that's a plus, it's just the wrong name. going from my college town home next week though, and then on vacation week after that, so i'll see soon if the problem corrects itself.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post

On NRG's 28011 I was using AMeBa 0.5.1b to open Quickmenu with the press of the Start Menu icon. The options within Quickmenu to do the same thing weren't working.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

more:
have you looked at the qilin dialer posted by amarullz on xda? its obviously best suited for gsm because it supports video dialing, but it says it takes less ram and is smoother than rhodium, and since it is made for manila 2.5 maybe it will work with facebook pictures, as the current dialer we use does not. have you looked into this omj?

also, amarullz posted a few updated manila files today (well, a mod, not an update) that removes the fade-in animation of the mail, calendar, photo, and music tabs. i updated the files myself and can say they work well- i'm quite excited about it because as often as i use the mail tab, that fade animation is just too much for my diamond and it really slows me down.

edit: new question now...
is there a trick to getting facebook album to work? i haven't tried much, but if i go to a friends contact card that is linked to facebook, and click open facebook album i will see there albums on facebook, but clicking on the album brings up a bunch of blank thumbnails with a "no" icon on it (circle with line through it). pressing any of these icons will expand it like its about to open a file, but then freeze the phone, and i have to take off the battery cover and use my stylus to reset it. i have tried this with multiple albums over multiple contacts over multiple resets and gotten the same result. i have not hard reset. is anyone else experiencing this, or have i done something to mess this up?

edit2:addendum
the no-bg4all manila files put up earlier by omj breaks manila locker. for manila locker to work again i had to download the manila locker files and replace the correct file using the 12 links (no bg4all) option of the locker. simple solution, but wanted to let anyone else know in case they were having the same issue.

Last edited by lazyboy0172; 12-19-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Daimond

Schwarttzy is a n00b

Hey I have been running you rom for a bit hoping for an update soon anyway here are the problems I have. I can't delete photos when viewing them in album view. The album view of my friends face book photos doesn't work either. Having my phone running this long it has seemed to slow down but I think that maybe because of Xtrakt. I'm not sure but either way I'm going reinstall it in hopes to bring back the speed. Also I know this is a lot to ask with all the add features but my battery life seems to be way down.

Thanks for your hard work, I enjoy it very much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development