View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:03 PM
lazyboy0172
Regular 'Geeker

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yeah, Kisja also posted it in the Sense thread.....I havent really looked at it but what is the fix for?

--no I havent tried the qilin dialer, I didnt know the dialer would affect the facebook feature....I can test it out to see.

--yes, I cooked a rom w/ the new files.....I know I'm getting old but I dont see much difference.

hmm, I'm running 28011 too & cant open phone options.....gonna check on it
-the fix basically makes pictures taken in landscape show up as landscape- previously with sense and sdk4 if you took a picture with the phone sideways it still showed up as portrait because the camera didnt work with the new sdk4, this patch supposedly fixes that.

-the facebook feature i'm referring to is the facebook picture (not album)- currently when someone calls you it is whatever picture you have saved to your phone that shows up as their caller ID picture, i was just wondering if the new dialer would fix that problem and phone calls coming from people with a new facebook picture would display their new facebook picture (i'm hoping it does work because back in manila 2.1 with facebook the pictures showed up when using the vga rhodium dialer which was made for 2.1- since qilin is supposedly made for sense i'm hoping that's a feature)

-maybe you just don't have as many emails as me, but i don't think that would make a difference. flipping between emails is marginally faster, but what i noticed mostly was when you go to the email tab it's near-instant now instead of watching the envelopes fade in. it may be my imagination but i feel like emails open quicker too because there is no (or shorter) open-email animation where the envelope gets larger

-no phone option here either, going to the options from dialer does nothing, and it's not an option in the settings menu, probably just left out so no harm done