View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:52 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21882 / 23504 / 28005 | 12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
-the fix basically makes pictures taken in landscape show up as landscape- previously with sense and sdk4 if you took a picture with the phone sideways it still showed up as portrait because the camera didnt work with the new sdk4, this patch supposedly fixes that.

-the facebook feature i'm referring to is the facebook picture (not album)- currently when someone calls you it is whatever picture you have saved to your phone that shows up as their caller ID picture, i was just wondering if the new dialer would fix that problem and phone calls coming from people with a new facebook picture would display their new facebook picture (i'm hoping it does work because back in manila 2.1 with facebook the pictures showed up when using the vga rhodium dialer which was made for 2.1- since qilin is supposedly made for sense i'm hoping that's a feature)

-maybe you just don't have as many emails as me, but i don't think that would make a difference. flipping between emails is marginally faster, but what i noticed mostly was when you go to the email tab it's near-instant now instead of watching the envelopes fade in. it may be my imagination but i feel like emails open quicker too because there is no (or shorter) open-email animation where the envelope gets larger

-no phone option here either, going to the options from dialer does nothing, and it's not an option in the settings menu, probably just left out so no harm done
-maybe I'm slow or missing something....but when I view my pix taken from camera, they show as landscape

-yeah, I knew what you were referring to, I'll have to test it out

-I have like 5 pop/imap + exchange accounts....but I usually always open the inbox, the "mark all as read".....but yeah, I was playin w/ it, flicking through emails via the mail tab, and its much faster

-which rom are u using? not sure how I left out....I did change a couple drivers in OEM, so maybe thats what affected it

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
Hey OMJ i've been running 28005 for about 10 day's now and aside from having a freeze up a couple of times opening email when I had over 20 emails in the box, and the removing the lower set of program shortcuts it has run flawless... so much that I have not been able to bring myself to try any of the newer 28xxx roms. I use this phone primarily for business and aside from the groups contact thing I mentioned in an earlier post I'm very satisfied. I am looking forward to panoramic backgrounds and slide to shut down. I guess i did notice if i used Ramcleaner on auto it would glitch a little. so keep up the great work. and THANX
thx, glad to hear it....

I really prefer 6.5.3 SYS. The email freezing was really annoying me, so I went back to 21882. It didnt last long though, I really missed the bottom buttons. So now I'm back on 28011, and luv it!

Maybe thats the key to the email freezing issues, having alot emails, but it may be only x amount of unread emails. I dont see alot of freezing, it happens more after a fresh flash when I'm re-downloading all my email & there's well over 100 new emails. Many of my accounts have over 20 emails, but it's not uncommon to see 20+ new emails in the am.