PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - Telus
Carrier: Telus

Jeddeh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

this has probably been asked before, but what are the differences between 28002 and 23504?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Turbopowr is a n00b
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
Actually, yes. I went through this exercise today. Try deleting some of the stuff you find under
\My Documents\My Pictures
\My Documents\Avatars
\My Documents\Wallpapers

Your mileage may vary, but weeding out some of this stuff freed up memory, and the warning message has been gone a few hours now, fingers crossed.
Thanks for the tips, but I already cleared out those folders earlier. I thought we were supposed to have more than just the 63MB Total storage space I'm seeing?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
You have proof to back this up? Everywhere i have read says that is not true.
Sprint wants to keep things quiet about the HD2 so as not to cannibalize sales of the devices on shelves now. I see Sprint "selling what they have" i.e. the TP2, the Hero, Pre, etc. etc. until unit lifecycles run out and they need a new 'Halo' device, or a refresh. These days, smartphones have limited shelf life, and consumers are always looking for the newest thing.

Furthermore, why did Sprint NOT release a version on the Diamond2? Why did Verizon carry this thing("Imagio")? I think Sprint has made a smart move bypassing the Diamond2 in anticipation the HD2.

Sprint is desperate. Sprint is losing customers every financial quarter. They need to be very smart if a turnaround is in the works. They know they cannot waste time/energy on a dud device.

History Lesson: The HTC Diamond and TP devices appeared on European GSM networks first, and then made their way stateside to T-Mobile, AT&T, and finally to CDMA domestic carriers. That's pretty much the story of the HTC smartphones.

No, of course I have no proof, but competition being what it is dictates a Q1 or Q2 of 2010 release of this monster on Sprint. And who knows? Perhaps it will launch with Android 2.0 and we'll all be flashing to MightyROM, OMJ and Juicy Android builds? Did you see the item on mobile advertising today? You can bet the big carriers are paying attention to this: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...ne-os-race.ars

Time will tell.

Sorry, rambling, back to topic...

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 11-24-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Edit, edit, edited again.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:20 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
Sprint wants to keep things quiet about the HD2 so as not to cannibalize sales of the devices on shelves now. I see Sprint "selling what they have" i.e. the TP2, the Hero, Pre, etc. etc. until unit lifecycles run out and they need a new 'Halo' device, or a refresh. These days, smartphones have limited shelf life, and consumers are always looking for the newest thing.

Furthermore, why did Sprint NOT release a version on the Diamond2? Why did Verizon carry this thing("Imagio")? I think Sprint has made a smart move bypassing the Diamond2 in anticipation the HD2.

Sprint is desperate. Sprint is losing customers every financial quarter. They need to be very smart if a turnaround is in the works. They know they cannot waste time/energy on a dud device.

History Lesson: The HTC Diamond and TP devices appeared on European GSM networks first, and then made their way stateside to T-Mobile, AT&T, and finally to CDMA domestic carriers. That's pretty much the story of the HTC smartphones.

No, of course I have no proof, but competition being what it is dictates a Q1 or Q2 of 2010 release of this monster on Sprint. And who knows? Perhaps it will launch with Android 2.0 and we'll all be flashing to MightyROM, OMJ and Juicy Android builds? Did you see the item on mobile advertising today? You can bet the big carriers are paying attention to this: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...ne-os-race.ars

Time will tell.

Sorry, rambling, back to topic...
Ok, I will agree with you partly only for this simple fact of hope. I just dont think making a bold statement such as "are you coming back when sprint gets the leo" when there is no solid proof. Quite honestly I only asked in hopes you could actually provide me with a solid existence of things to come. Once again, not a stab at you, just slap happy about the thought of that beautiful device forming to my warm sweaty palm..... Ok, getting weird, sorry! Lol. Thanks for the link.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Dragoon123 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopowr View Post
Thanks for the tips, but I already cleared out those folders earlier. I thought we were supposed to have more than just the 63MB Total storage space I'm seeing?
Ya, I thought it was around 89MB Total storage space no?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell Mobility

berniebennybernard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
so u want the weather icon, but not the animation? hmm, I'm not sure exactly how to stop the animation. I know if you switch to a animated wallpaper the weather animation stops, but then you'll have one of the funky backgrounds.

which rom are you using? I just retraced your steps, start/settings/system/power/backlight worked fine on 28002
Yeah, I want just the icon, but without the animation. I've tried switching the backgrounds, but when I go to select an image, the image pops up like I'm selecting it, but double tapping it doesn't do anything, and there's no next button :S

I tried removing the background by the registry tweak you told me to do, but that didn't do anything.

The power settings now work through the start menu and into settings. Weird, that it works now and didn't before.

I'm still having trouble with scrolling on pages on some of the menus though. They're non-responsive when I scroll on these pages despite being able to select the forms and buttons. This only happens on the HTC menus. Because of this, I can't add new appointments onto my calendar.

I'm on WM 6.1 21055 v1.1 btw.
Quote:
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: PagePlus

tlittell is just getting started

Anyone know where the background file is stored for the rock and republic black titanium theme. I'm looking for the image file itself for the background/wallpaper. I've been all through the windows directory and can't find it. Anyone?

I'm using the 23504 build if that makes a difference.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlittell View Post
Anyone know where the background file is stored for the rock and republic black titanium theme. I'm looking for the image file itself for the background/wallpaper. I've been all through the windows directory and can't find it. Anyone?

I'm using the 23504 build if that makes a difference.
I think those images are all included in the tsk file ... if so, you will need to open it.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

LITTLEMITCHY is keeping up the good workLITTLEMITCHY is keeping up the good work

OMJ thanks for the new rom cannot find the microsoft my phone icon . Can you post the new cab?

Last edited by LITTLEMITCHY; 11-24-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMITCHY View Post
OMJ thanks for the new rom cannot find the microsoft my phone icon . Can you post the new cab?
This will work ...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MyPhone_Beta_WM_Professional.cab (559.9 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development