View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM
kidFromBigD
PPCGeeks Regular

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
You have proof to back this up? Everywhere i have read says that is not true.
Sprint wants to keep things quiet about the HD2 so as not to cannibalize sales of the devices on shelves now. I see Sprint "selling what they have" i.e. the TP2, the Hero, Pre, etc. etc. until unit lifecycles run out and they need a new 'Halo' device, or a refresh. These days, smartphones have limited shelf life, and consumers are always looking for the newest thing.

Furthermore, why did Sprint NOT release a version on the Diamond2? Why did Verizon carry this thing("Imagio")? I think Sprint has made a smart move bypassing the Diamond2 in anticipation the HD2.

Sprint is desperate. Sprint is losing customers every financial quarter. They need to be very smart if a turnaround is in the works. They know they cannot waste time/energy on a dud device.

History Lesson: The HTC Diamond and TP devices appeared on European GSM networks first, and then made their way stateside to T-Mobile, AT&T, and finally to CDMA domestic carriers. That's pretty much the story of the HTC smartphones.

No, of course I have no proof, but competition being what it is dictates a Q1 or Q2 of 2010 release of this monster on Sprint. And who knows? Perhaps it will launch with Android 2.0 and we'll all be flashing to MightyROM, OMJ and Juicy Android builds? Did you see the item on mobile advertising today? You can bet the big carriers are paying attention to this: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...ne-os-race.ars

Time will tell.

Sorry, rambling, back to topic...

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 11-24-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Edit, edit, edited again.