PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnsicle View Post
i remember reading somewhere that opera 9.7 comes on a device without an "internal storage" so even though you configure it to save files there, it won't recognize it. as far as a fix i don't believe there is one...if there is i would love to know though =D
Does the opera 10 beta allow downloads to internal storage? because I use opera and I think I can set it to not load pages thru google service which I don't like at all either 95 percent of the time regular pages load just fine.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SpTz20 is just getting started
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

does the windows lock work properly on this rom? the volume adjustments are still available when you lock the phone...thats a little awkward isnt it? does anyone have a solution to this? thanks

and also does myphone work for anyone...apparently my phone cannot establish a connection with the server

Last edited by SpTz20; 11-24-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorforsleep View Post
Truly a great ROM, been using for about 24 hours...a few problems preventing this from being an epic ROM, but it isn't Ken's fault, just quirks with the 2.5 port, and such...if these were ironed out, EPIC

-Facebook auto update
-Facebook contact picture to local phonebook
-Opera 10 thumbnails on internet page
-Sunny animation super slow
-mms from HTC client
-HTC volume
-HTC task manager

Oh, and it appears the location weather just has a hard time indoors updating, and I think it has a hard time at my house because of my Airave, outdoors, and outside my house it seems to do just fine.
yes, it would be nice to get all those corrected!

since location weather is based on your gps location, it's gonna have a harder time getting your gps location when inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
Note that I've been running OMJ's WM 6.5 21870 v1.5 for 8 days now, so it's version 1920 of the 2.5 port.
actually v1.5 also includes the latest 1921 packages, but not HTC Home. I dont think there is a 1921 home version yet. But the 1920 Home build is a new build than the original 1920.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
that's pretty weak (the no programs tab), we gotta find a way to add it as a tab because I don't really want it below the clock and people use way more than 9 or 12 programs anyways.
well that's just how HTC designed it....like I said though, they are working on a programs tab @ XDA

Quote:
100% Agree, except for the "weak" part - I'm a big fan of OMJ's work in this ROM

One more thing: Here are the actual manila files plus the dll I added into my \Windows directory to make this happen for me.

Perhaps I did mess it up given that 9 of the 12 slots work. Anyone care to try it out and report back?

EDIT: 24-Nov-2009----> Apparently the 12 link fix for manila 1921 is posted. See here:
[24.11.2009] 12 QuickLinks in Home Manila 1921 [ DOWNLOAD ] *
thx man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucky View Post
How come on the people tab I can't add the same contact with different numbers or text message. What I mean is, I can't add my wife with her cell# and add her again with her work # or text option. I have to add her as contact card to get all options. Also, every time I go to add a contact, the keybord pops up when the contacts window appears. This is on the 21870 version.

I tried the new 28002 version, but coulodn't get any programs to close with the X button, even with the tap&hold option
so are you trying to add your wife as seperate contacts but w/ different #'s? If so, the name has to be unique, like Mary1, Mary2

the task mgr in the 6.5.x build really sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopowr View Post
Is anyone else getting low memory messages using the 'WM 6.5.3 28002 v1.1 w/ Opera 10' rom? I've added a few applications but I've installed them to the internal card not the device memory. If I go into the Memory app it shows 63.67MB 'Total' and 62.65MB 'In use' leaving only 1.02MB free for Storage memory. I've tried uninstalling a few things from the device memory but it hasn't really helped. Any idea's?
check start menu\task manager....you probably have a bunch of running apps.....thats the problem w/ the 6.5.x builds, the task mgr sux, though I have it set to close on X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddeh View Post
this has probably been asked before, but what are the differences between 28002 and 23504?
it's faster & seems to be more finger friendly

Quote:
Sprint wants to keep things quiet about the HD2 so as not to cannibalize sales of the devices on shelves now. I see Sprint "selling what they have" i.e. the TP2, the Hero, Pre, etc. etc. until unit lifecycles run out and they need a new 'Halo' device, or a refresh. These days, smartphones have limited shelf life, and consumers are always looking for the newest thing.

Furthermore, why did Sprint NOT release a version on the Diamond2? Why did Verizon carry this thing("Imagio")? I think Sprint has made a smart move bypassing the Diamond2 in anticipation the HD2.

Sprint is desperate. Sprint is losing customers every financial quarter. They need to be very smart if a turnaround is in the works. They know they cannot waste time/energy on a dud device.

History Lesson: The HTC Diamond and TP devices appeared on European GSM networks first, and then made their way stateside to T-Mobile, AT&T, and finally to CDMA domestic carriers. That's pretty much the story of the HTC smartphones.

No, of course I have no proof, but competition being what it is dictates a Q1 or Q2 of 2010 release of this monster on Sprint. And who knows? Perhaps it will launch with Android 2.0 and we'll all be flashing to MightyROM, OMJ and Juicy Android builds? Did you see the item on mobile advertising today? You can bet the big carriers are paying attention to this: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...ne-os-race.ars

Time will tell.

Sorry, rambling, back to topic...
I see your point, and I hope you're right about the HD2, but let's hope Sprint hurries b4 more people jump ship. I wouldn't consider the Imagio (diamond2/whitestone) a dud, if sprint would have came out w/ it 6 weeks ago, and even knowing that Sprint would have the HD2 in 6 months, I'd still buy, then upgrade again w/ the HD2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlittell View Post
Anyone know where the background file is stored for the rock and republic black titanium theme. I'm looking for the image file itself for the background/wallpaper. I've been all through the windows directory and can't find it. Anyone?

I'm using the 23504 build if that makes a difference.
see attached..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMITCHY View Post
OMJ thanks for the new rom cannot find the microsoft my phone icon . Can you post the new cab?
if your using my latest 28002, it's @ start menu/Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
Does the opera 10 beta allow downloads to internal storage? because I use opera and I think I can set it to not load pages thru google service which I don't like at all either 95 percent of the time regular pages load just fine.

I'm not sure, Opera 10 is so new, I havent had much time to play w/ it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpTz20 View Post
does the windows lock work properly on this rom? the volume adjustments are still available when you lock the phone...thats a little awkward isnt it? does anyone have a solution to this? thanks

and also does myphone work for anyone...apparently my phone cannot establish a connection with the server
yeah it's awkward, but not sure if it's intentional or a bug
Attached Files
File Type: rar stwater.rar (38.0 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

SpTz20 is just getting started

one more thing...sorry for bothering you...is there a way to get the default text messaging back...the one thats the windows version
Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

it seems like whenever I use market place it sucks my internal memory. is there a cache to delete to get this memory back? where is the information stored?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: PagePlus

tlittell is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
I think those images are all included in the tsk file ... if so, you will need to open it.
That worked, thank you very much.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

So far I have only been playing on the rom I flashed with the opera 10 its working great opera 10 looks good and it is letting you download to internal storage. and its much much better than the skyfire I have used on my phone. the text isn't all blurry like in skyfire. thanks OMJ for the response and stuff to the people's requests and questions. and I have confirmed the bubble game is not working on either one of the roms the one with the 9.7 and the 10 rom (the 2 new 6.53 roms you have up what 11/23)
Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
100% Agree, except for the "weak" part - I'm a big fan of OMJ's work in this ROM

One more thing: Here are the actual manila files plus the dll I added into my \Windows directory to make this happen for me.

Perhaps I did mess it up given that 9 of the 12 slots work. Anyone care to try it out and report back?

EDIT: 24-Nov-2009----> Apparently the 12 link fix for manila 1921 is posted. See here:
[24.11.2009] 12 QuickLinks in Home Manila 1921 [ DOWNLOAD ] *

So, am I assuming correctly that we can just add the above files to v1.5/23504 to get the 12 link fix?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: MTS

ace158 is a n00b

I've noticed a significant zippyness using WM 6.5.3 28002 in comparions to WM 6.5.1 23504
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlittell View Post
Thanks Vancer, that seems to do the trick.
No Prob, although i saw that minmac00t looked like he got the reg figured out so it may not be needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon123 View Post
How do I change the default weather, the one that is set to retrieve location using the HTC/google location thingy, It's grabbing the wrong location. I would prefer not to have to add location, because the automatic one cannot be deleted. Also how do I restore the original HTC black theme volume changer, the stock winmo volume slider is only coming up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
the HTC volume does not work in the 6.5.x roms....from what I'm being told....I've tried cooking them in and didnt work....I dont like the stock volume either.
OMJ,

Do you try the HTC Volume 2.1 i posted for ya yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development