PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Well I noticed another little bug. After spending 24 hours with v1.1 6.5.3, I've sent probably 100 MMS messages. Well today I get all sorts of emails from all my work contacts wondering why they weren't getting any messages from me. So apparently, though you can receive MMS messages just fine, and supposedly send MMS messages (even get the message sent confirmation), NOBODY'S been receiving any of my sent MMS messages...

Tried hard reset, still no one's received any I've sent. And I've been all over Texas today, so I highly doubt it's a tower issue lol.
do you think this also effects SMS or just MMS? Hopefully not!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
the task mgr is terrible on the 6.5.x builds, the apps dont close when you X them out. Run the task mgr in the start menu & kill all running apps. Also, you can run CleanRAM in the system tools folder.
There is kind of a semi solution to this, if you use enatives suite but disable the task manager itself(which is what was causing the freezing problems) the X close button functionality still works without the freezing issues. I also forward the windows button long press to the native task manager. Works good for me.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

duba22y is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
I installed the 6.5.3 v1.1 with Opera 10 when it was released and I have to say that it's the best ROM so far. My only problem is that the 6.5.x task manager sucks, but that has nothing to do with the ROM itself. My solution is to map the task manager to the send key long press (the landscape setting it's normally mapped to is kind of useless with Manila 2.5 anyway) so I can bring it up easily
Good call! I'm gonna do the same.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

Is there a ROM with more than six program shortcuts? I's switch to the new 6.5, except for the how to switch apps, besieds holding down the time it is annoying I miss the old drop fown menu.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

What is the chance of seeing Manila TV with a US-stations XML file cooked into this ROM? Would make it perfect.

Link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...70&postcount=1
Old 11-25-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Blackberry Tour

minmac00t is becoming a great contributor

Anybody using build 28002 with exchange. Im not sure if its related to the build Im noticing all my calendar events are getting duplicated. I was looking at my calendar yesteday and i can see it creating new events and duplicating. It is looking into the issue but i just want to check if anybody else is experiencing any issues syncing calendar. It was a painful process of me going in and deleting 280 appts on my calendar manually. hopefully its the server issue.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

TheZodiac is a n00b

Trying this ROM on Telus, how do I turn off the sprint hands free activation when I restart?

thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
do you think this also effects SMS or just MMS? Hopefully not!
No SMS works flawlessly, and I can receive MMS, just can't send them (despite the message sent confirmation that shows on screen).
Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmac00t View Post
Anybody using build 28002 with exchange. Im not sure if its related to the build Im noticing all my calendar events are getting duplicated. I was looking at my calendar yesteday and i can see it creating new events and duplicating. It is looking into the issue but i just want to check if anybody else is experiencing any issues syncing calendar. It was a painful process of me going in and deleting 280 appts on my calendar manually. hopefully its the server issue.
Haven't had this issue with 28002, but I've had it before. What are you sync'd with? I know that Google Calendar does it a lot with active sync. Also sometimes the facebook integration will duplicate the birthday entries on your calendar. But like I said I havent had that issue with 28002 yet.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:37 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
I installed the 6.5.3 v1.1 with Opera 10 when it was released and I have to say that it's the best ROM so far. My only problem is that the 6.5.x task manager sucks, but that has nothing to do with the ROM itself. My solution is to map the task manager to the send key long press (the landscape setting it's normally mapped to is kind of useless with Manila 2.5 anyway) so I can bring it up easily
great idea, I like it.....thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
after playing with opera 10 more it goes really fast. people try it you will like it!!

Thanks for the 12 app menu thing I might try the cab even though I probably don't have 12 different things I really need to get to

another question my phone appears to be working fine I have telus carrier cab but its working without do I need to put this on?
no....I never run the sprint cab

Quote:
Well I noticed another little bug. After spending 24 hours with v1.1 6.5.3, I've sent probably 100 MMS messages. Well today I get all sorts of emails from all my work contacts wondering why they weren't getting any messages from me. So apparently, though you can receive MMS messages just fine, and supposedly send MMS messages (even get the message sent confirmation), NOBODY'S been receiving any of my sent MMS messages...

Tried hard reset, still no one's received any I've sent. And I've been all over Texas today, so I highly doubt it's a tower issue lol.
hmmm, are they sitting in your outbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
There is kind of a semi solution to this, if you use enatives suite but disable the task manager itself(which is what was causing the freezing problems) the X close button functionality still works without the freezing issues. I also forward the windows button long press to the native task manager. Works good for me.
enatives suite, is that showcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
Is there a ROM with more than six program shortcuts? I's switch to the new 6.5, except for the how to switch apps, besieds holding down the time it is annoying I miss the old drop fown menu.
no, they all have the 6 shortcuts..

LOL, I just posted a cab to install 12 shortcuts.....you tell who's following the thread & who just jumps in @ the end....

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
What is the chance of seeing Manila TV with a US-stations XML file cooked into this ROM? Would make it perfect.

Link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...70&postcount=1
sorry, I'll let you install that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmac00t View Post
yeah I sync w/ exchange, and I have not seen this issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZodiac View Post
Trying this ROM on Telus, how do I turn off the sprint hands free activation when I restart?

thanks
which rom, I have several....I am using the generic carrier cab, so there;s no reason u should see that

Quote:
No SMS works flawlessly, and I can receive MMS, just can't send them (despite the message sent confirmation that shows on screen).
I hope your not trying to send MMS via HTC Messaging, it doesnt work & has been stated many times.....you must use arcsoft, picturemail or sMMS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development