PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 View Post
That texting workaround really screwed things up on mine. It got me the windows mobile client back but no threading and horrible UI. I think having WM client cooked in may be only good fix. The Manila SMS is great, but you can't use MMS.
yes, its not ideal but at least we can send and receive text messages. before I could only receive them. Regarding threaded messages, is this what you are talking about. if I hit all messages on the txt message (tftab), I can see multiple messages on one screen. pic attached. I will take form over function if it works but would like to see manilla(htc messaging client) tab work as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg txtview.jpg (11.8 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 11-13-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

OMJ - are you going to be creating any TP ROMS as well ? We neeed you there.....
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donky353 View Post
personaly i love the HTC messaging client and will give of the abilitly to use MMS to use it. I dont hardly use an MMS anyways so its not that big of a sacrifice.
I love it too, but with my fam scattered everywhere we use MMS quite often, plus we pay for it with our plan and I want to get my money's worth. Maybe one day we can get the MMS working with Alltel, ect... Someone a lot smarter than me will have to figure that one out.

Thank you for taking suggestions OMJ, that's part of what makes your ROM even better. Definitely the best I've ever had on my diamond and bringing it back to life!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

ok, so what SYS do ya'll want?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
ok, so what SYS do ya'll want?
29509 preferably, mulittouch screen, windows 7 please.

com2 =D>=D>com2 =D>=D>
Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, its not ideal but at least we can send and receive text messages. before I could only receive them. Regarding threaded messages, is this what you are talking about. if I hit all messages on the txt message (tftab), I can see multiple messages on one screen. pic attached. I will take form over function if it works but would like to see manilla(htc messaging client) tab work as well.

Not quite. Like when you go to the main text messaging screen it doesn't sort them under one sender. See the screenshot. It also adds that GSM thing to the end of the messages as you can see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg notthreaded.jpg (101.6 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
29509 preferably, mulittouch screen, windows 7 please.

com2 =D>=D>com2 =D>=D>
agreed! make it happen STAT OMJ

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 View Post
Not quite. Like when you go to the main text messaging screen it doesn't sort them under one sender. See the screenshot. It also adds that GSM thing to the end of the messages as you can see.
oh, ok. I thought the sms disable was not needed for the rom your on. 23506 I believe. I was under the impression texting worked fine on this release.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
oh, ok. I thought the sms disable was not needed for the rom your on. 23506 I believe. I was under the impression texting worked fine on this release.
It works pretty well on 23506, but if you want to use MMS, say with Alltel or something via Arcsoft, you have to use the WM messaging client. The MMS with manila won't support Alltel right now so I was trying to use the WM client for the time being. Make any sense? lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
agreed! make it happen STAT OMJ

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development