PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 05:27 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Hmm I may check out 6.5.3. lol
Old 11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mre981 is just getting started
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
mre981 wrote:

I have been using iphonetoday in conjunction with HTC Sense. Before Sense I was using iphonetoday as my actual "Today" screen (over Titanium and Touchflo3d) but Sense is just so damn great looking. Now I use Iphonetoday as an app to gain a shortcut menu for all my programs. Iphonetoday accomodates up to 60 different programs on 3 different screens.

Here is the program:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508429

If you don't need that many slots for extra programs just use maxmanilla with this and you gain extra customizations (i.e. different clocks) as well as a total of 20 shortcut slots instead of the initial 6:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93966

I use Iphonetoday primarily because I run a lot of programs off "Internal Storage" directly. Iphonetoday accomodates shortcutting from "Internal Storage," the built-in 6 (or 20 when upgraded with MaxManilla) shortcut buttons HTC Sense comes with do not, from what I can tell.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Blackberry Tour

minmac00t is becoming a great contributor

Ok so i finally figured out why i was wrong i was pointing to the wrong registry key to enable vibration. I have attached a cab that you can install to enable vibrate feedback to manila tabs and some HTC applications and the keyboard. Note these options have to be enabled in manila settings, the cab simply allows you to use the service.
After installing the cab go to manila settings --> Personalize --> Vibration --> Checkbox
Keyboard vibrate feedback --> Manila settings --> Locale and Text --> Text input -- Vibrate On

if you dont want to install the cab here is the key that you can modify throught registry editor
Code:
[HKLM\Software\OEM\Keystate]
"UseService"=DWORD:00000001
This also enables the phone to vibrate when a call is connected. Enable that option in phone settings advanced.

Last edited by minmac00t; 11-24-2009 at 09:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
N00b

Quote:
mre981 wrote:

I have been using iphonetoday in conjunction with HTC Sense. Before Sense I was using iphonetoday as my actual "Today" screen (over Titanium and Touchflo3d) but Sense is just so damn great looking. Now I use Iphonetoday as an app to gain a shortcut menu for all my programs. Iphonetoday accomodates up to 60 different programs on 3 different screens.

Here is the program:

If you don't need that many slots for extra programs just use maxmanilla with this and you gain extra customizations (i.e. different clocks) as well as a total of 20 shortcut slots instead of the initial 6:

I use Iphonetoday primarily because I run a lot of programs off "Internal Storage" directly. Iphonetoday accomodates shortcutting from "Internal Storage," the built-in 6 (or 20 when upgraded with MaxManilla) shortcut buttons HTC Sense comes with do not, from what I can tell.

Neither programs work on the Sprint Touch Diamond-the iphone today is just a mess (which I kind of expected) and the max manilla thing is the exact same as what I tried before...it slows my phone down like crazy..puts 3 clocks on my today screen and I couldn't find a way to customize it...

Anyone got any other suggestions?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

OMJ, I just wanted to say your ROMs are amazing! Pretty much the best rom I've used so far! Keep up the good work!

Does anyone know of a fix for the Opera 9.7 trunucation bug? I can't get anything from Opera to download to Internal Storage. I've set everything using opera:config and cache will go to Internal Storage just fine, but not anything I download, it goes to \Internal Storag\ under Device memory.

Sorry if this has been asked already
Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre981
Quote:
mre981 wrote:

Here is the program:

Neither programs work on the Sprint Touch Diamond-the iphone today is just a mess (which I kind of expected) and the max manilla thing is the exact same as what I tried before...it slows my phone down like crazy..puts 3 clocks on my today screen and I couldn't find a way to customize it...

Anyone got any other suggestions?
I used it and it worked great but it just seemed it hadn't been sized yet for our VGA screens, so youll get a little overlap in some places. You can customize by reading the thread at xda or there is a thread here in the diamond section about manila 2.5 and the manila max customizations.

Last edited by robsta; 11-24-2009 at 10:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post

I used it and it worked great but it just seemed it hadn't been sized yet for our VGA screens, so youll get a little overlap in some places. You can customize by reading the thread at xda or there is a thread here in the diamond section about manila 2.5 and the manila max customizations.
I think I figured it out thanks. I just hadn't had nearly enough coffee yet this morning..lol
Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond/TP2

atrn271 is keeping up the good workatrn271 is keeping up the good work

Is anybody else having problems with the links? Seems like the website is down.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syscrasher13 View Post
I dont know if this has been discussed but is there a way to take the clock off the top?? i dont think I need 2 clocks at a time! hehehe other than that the rom is solid, i wish I had the taskmanager where the second clock is though... thanks OMJ!
I think there is, but I'm not sure which reg key it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
Has anyone been able to get tell me to search for you. For example when you say coffee or pizza. Im using OMJ's 6.5.3 rom. I can get it to call a contact but that is about it. Wondering if I'm missing something here or it's just not working. Thanks for the help.

OMJ by the way, the rom is awesome. 6.5.3 is much faster that 6.5.1, especially the htc messaging client. I'm really impressed, keep up the good work. I haven't noticed any bugs so far with the regular programs I use.
I havent tried it lately, but when we 1st got it I did, and it was kinda flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre981 View Post
Quick question...I've seen it asked a dozen or so times, I tried the manila 2.5 customizer but couldn't do a whole lot with it and it froze my phone so I uninstalled it..On wm 6.5 and 6.1 when you scrolled the today screen you had the settings tab and then the programs tab where you could choose a bunch of program quick links..I read in an earlier post that the tab isn't included in 6.5.3-hence the reason I downloaded the customizer from a link in an earlier post-when you flip the clock up it gives you 6 boxes to choose for programs, contacts, etc--is there a cab or anything specific that someone could post for me that allows more than just the 6 there? That's all I wanted to change-the customizer put 2 clocks and a bunch of other stuff on the initial home screen that I didn't need so I uninstalled it. I've been searching forums for the last 4 hours but couldn't find anything specific...

By the way--I love this ROM--haven't had one single hiccup, it runs beautifully! Definitely my favorite one I've ever flashed!! You rock man! I have flashed my phone so many times over the last few weeks looking for one that I loved and that worked right on my phone.
yeah, 2.5 does not have the programs tab like 2.1 & older. It's now below the clock. There was a mod that gave 12 shortcuts but I think it only worked for build 1920, not 1921....I'll check. Also, someone did make a programs tab for 2.5 that you can add on. here it is, but I'm not sure if it's working yet, browse this thread, both solutions are ther... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584978

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullum
Sorry for posting this in here too but this can come in very handy if we could get it fully working

Here is the program tab from Sense 2.1

The way it works
To add a quicklink
1.press where you want the link
2. in programlist choose a program now you need to press back to add it

problems can't use quicklink 1 and 2 at the same time (will cause all next links to have white icons)
pressin all programs opens the list but can't run programs from there and pressing back will add selected program to last added quicklink

and I hear ya about flashing alot....my phone is begging for a break, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon123 View Post
How do I change the default weather, the one that is set to retrieve location using the HTC/google location thingy, It's grabbing the wrong location. I would prefer not to have to add location, because the automatic one cannot be deleted. Also how do I restore the original HTC black theme volume changer, the stock winmo volume slider is only coming up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurp View Post
Looking for the same thing, help please. The "default" location it got from gps shows the wrong temperature/forecast.
You have 2 choices, either use "my location" (which is not always accurate) or manually enter your city. You may not be able to delete the automatic one, but you can add your city then switch to it.

the HTC volume does not work in the 6.5.x roms....from what I'm being told....I've tried cooking them in and didnt work....I dont like the stock volume either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
I deleted the HomeBackgroundPath key, but I remade it with no value, but the animated weather background still pops up. I just want the default weather icon

If I go to settings in the start menu, and go to the power options through there, I cannot open the backlight or battery menus. But if I go to them through the settings box in the Manila tabs it works. Weird, but it works.
so u want the weather icon, but not the animation? hmm, I'm not sure exactly how to stop the animation. I know if you switch to a animated wallpaper the weather animation stops, but then you'll have one of the funky backgrounds.

which rom are you using? I just retraced your steps, start/settings/system/power/backlight worked fine on 28002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Hmm I may check out 6.5.3. lol
it's lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmac00t View Post
Ok so i finally figured out why i was wrong i was pointing to the wrong registry key to enable vibration. I have attached a cab that you can install to enable vibrate feedback to manila tabs and some HTC applications and the keyboard. Note these options have to be enabled in manila settings, the cab simply allows you to use the service.
After installing the cab go to manila settings --> Personalize --> Vibration --> Checkbox
Keyboard vibrate feedback --> Manila settings --> Locale and Text --> Text input -- Vibrate On

if you dont want to install the cab here is the key that you can modify throught registry editor
Code:
[HKLM\Software\OEM\Keystate]
"UseService"=DWORD:00000001
This also enables the phone to vibrate when a call is connected. Enable that option in phone settings advanced.
ahh, I recall that reg settings from one of the manila pkgs but I am not changing it....I will add it to my tweaks.

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrn271 View Post
Is anybody else having problems with the links? Seems like the website is down.
seems to be working ok
Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Truly a great ROM, been using for about 24 hours...a few problems preventing this from being an epic ROM, but it isn't Ken's fault, just quirks with the 2.5 port, and such...if these were ironed out, EPIC

-Facebook auto update
-Facebook contact picture to local phonebook
-Opera 10 thumbnails on internet page
-Sunny animation super slow
-mms from HTC client
-HTC volume
-HTC task manager

Oh, and it appears the location weather just has a hard time indoors updating, and I think it has a hard time at my house because of my Airave, outdoors, and outside my house it seems to do just fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development