PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) ** |Nov27| Sense 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
I'm running Nov. 27 28005 w/2.5 and I'm not experiencing what (I think) you're describing. Does it take you to their email when replying to a text or only when composing a new message? What if the contact doesn't have an email address? I hate to ask, but I just want to make sure... Are you sure you're on the text tab, and not email? Double check to make sure the Messaging tab is enabled in Settings>Personalize>Home Screen Tabs. Also, can you send a text by opening a contact and clicking the second little sub-tab (not sure what you'd call those...)?

You'll also get the animation after you exit the start menu.

Wiping the Internal Storage is a good idea, as sometimes there are installed programs or caches left over that will conflict with other things. That was a big problem for me with G-Alarm, until I realized that.

I think the text message issue has been fixed by someone on xda they are working on it.

Also does anyone know if the trasnparent clock and transparent slider that NRG is using in this rom have a .cab somewhere?
EDIT: You could try a cab to disable Manila messaging. I don't have one for 2.5, but maybe someone else here could help with that one...?
I have the same text issue also. When you go to the text tab and click menu-new and it has the cursor blinking in the To: area. if you pull up the keyboard and start to type the name then it will only pull up there email. the only way i found from here was to actually put in the phone number and it will send it that way. or else go to all contacts select the contact and select the send message.

Last edited by mconig78; 12-01-2009 at 09:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:40 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) ** |Nov27| Sense 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconig78 View Post
I have the same text issue also. When you go to the text tab and click menu-new and it has the cursor blinking in the To: area. if you pull up the keyboard and start to type the name then it will only pull up there email. the only way i found from here was to actually put in the phone number and it will send it that way. or else go to all contacts select the contact and select the send message.
If I'm understanding you correctly, as you type the name, it gives you options for who you want to text and how you want to contact them (text, email1, email2, etc.), is that right? But the only option it gives you is their email? On mine, I type in their first name, then either hit enter or move to the text field, and it completes their name. It doesn't give me a list of potential matches or different forms of communication. Is this different than what you're doing? I don't ever really use menu>new, so I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work...
Old 12-02-2009, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Canada

ai4281 is a n00b

How is the battery life for everyone with Sense 2.5 on?

I'm on 21877 with Sense 2.5 right now, and it's draining the battery at least 1.5X speed compared to my stock Diamond rom. I pretty much have the same settings with auto weather updates, push, etc... and my usage pattern hasn't really changed.

Is it Sense or Winmo 6.5 that is draining the battery faster?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

maxxed is keeping up the good workmaxxed is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4281
How is the battery life for everyone with Sense 2.5 on?

I'm on 21877 with Sense 2.5 right now, and it's draining the battery at least 1.5X speed compared to my stock Diamond rom. I pretty much have the same settings with auto weather updates, push, etc... and my usage pattern hasn't really changed.

Is it Sense or Winmo 6.5 that is draining the battery faster?
try using the battery saver under tools..
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Battery life will ALWAYS be worse than stock with a custom ROM. Install Lumos. It manages the backlight way better than the built-in backlight manager. I wouldn't use push. Being connected to the internet will drain battery life a ton. Maybe you could set it to update web pages more frequenly (15-30 minutes), if keeping it updated is important.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jayhernandez is just getting started

Battery life is excellent for me, Use lumos, set backlight to auto, apply the battery tweak on first page of thread, sync weather every 24hrs, disable internet update time. I have push mail for gmail and windows live, plus another email that syncs everyday...I can usually go 24hrs without a charge. Stock rom would kill my battery in about 10 hours or less.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhernandez View Post
Battery life is excellent for me, Use lumos, set backlight to auto, apply the battery tweak on first page of thread, sync weather every 24hrs, disable internet update time. I have push mail for gmail and windows live, plus another email that syncs everyday...I can usually go 24hrs without a charge. Stock rom would kill my battery in about 10 hours or less.
Are you using a particular push program for your email?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Are you using a particular push program for your email?
I'd imagine he's just using windows live and microsoft activesync for push .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

jayhernandez is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Correct. Reciepe For Success.

In fact changing gmail from 5 min send/recieve to push, increased batt life by like 40%

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development