PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:07 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) ** |Nov27| Sense 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

What is sense 2.1? From my understanding manila 2.1 is TouchFlo3d and manila 2.5 is Sense. There is a sense 2.1?
Manila 2.1 is what we've been using for a while, before 2.5. It's what is in NRG's current 2.1 ROMS.

Sense 2.1 brings a few new things. Read this for details on Sense 2.1 and 2.5:

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4940037&postcount=2471

Last edited by ksj; 12-01-2009 at 12:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

freedomfighter is a n00b
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) ** |Nov27| Sense 2.1 &

Please be nice. Yes I did use and know how to use the Search feature.
I have read every post in the thread at least once and I do have several questions.

I am using the 28005 27-Nov standard2.5lite rom.
When I go to the text messaging tab it wants to send it to the e-mail and not the # when I add a recipient. Do I need to install the Remove Picture Mail and Arcsoft.cab and install the Sprint Arcsoft MMS.Cab to fix it?

How do I use the animated weather to my home page animated wallpaper?
Looks like there is an option but it wants to look for the file. Where would be the files to point it to?

Looks like battery life goes down much quicker than the 22 Oct version.

.cabs are these at XDA mostly? I'm looking for the WiFi Router and other misc CABS

Thanks guys!!

NRG you are the Best!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

kirill123 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
I have read every post in the thread at least once and I do have several questions.

When I go to the text messaging tab it wants to send it to the e-mail and not the # when I add a recipient. Do I need to install the Remove Picture Mail and Arcsoft.cab and install the Sprint Arcsoft MMS.Cab to fix it?

Looks like there is an option but it wants to look for the file. Where would be the files to point it to?

.cabs are these at XDA mostly? I'm looking for the WiFi Router and other misc CABS

Thanks guys!!

NRG you are the Best!

wifi router
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Thanks guys!!

NRG you are the Best!
Never heard of the first one. I've had the second problem. I just click it, exit album, check to see if it's there. If it's not, try again. It's worked better if I start on the home tab and go through Menu>Home Walpaper>Weather Walpaper. XDA is where most of the developers are, because there's a MUCH bigger user base, which is why most of the .cabs are over there. So if you don't already have one, get an account over there.

Here's a cab for wifi sharing in the commanager, if you want it that way, or just use Kirill's above if you're rather just have it as an app.

Last edited by ksj; 12-01-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

so in the 3rd post i think.
where the 3 row start menu is..
how do you get the background on everything?
i love that one so much more haha

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: cricket

jguttz is a n00b

just started using this. im using 28005 nov 27 2009 LITE on cricket. the web works and weather updates on the weather tab i just cant get the weather to work under the clock on the home screen. how do i make it show on the home screen?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Lurker

beestea is just getting started

Quote:

I noticed the same behavior on mine... infact the messaging app doesn't seem to work well at all. I found that its much easier to go into the contacts list open up the contact you want to send a message to and do it from there.

Quote:
Mine took me to my album and I just chose the standard Energy background. The animated wallpaper is very cool but It doesn't run all of the time (not sure what triggers it to animate) Its still kinda slow too, but neat!

Quote:
Noticed the same thing here (compared to stock). Am still tweaking the auto update stuff to find a good middle ground between usability and battery life.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:54 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beestea View Post
Mine took me to my album and I just chose the standard Energy background. The animated wallpaper is very cool but It doesn't run all of the time (not sure what triggers it to animate) Its still kinda slow too, but neat!
If you are using the 28005 rom, you can tap the top taskbar to drop it down and then tap it to disappear and the screen animation will start.

I use S2U2 to lock my phone and i have found that the screen animation starts everytime i unlock.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

freedomfighter is a n00b

Thanks kirill123, iliketosneeze and beestea!

I'm stumped as to why the text message tab wont select the phone number for the person I type in but instead picks their e-mail contact and it then errors out sending. Even when I select Add Recipient it wont let me type in any thing or select a contact. This was the same thing on the Nov25th Rom as well, I was hoping this new one would fix it.
I wonder if beestea and I are the only ones this is happening to on the 28005 Victor 27.Nov.2009 StandardM2.5 LITE Rom?

Is there a .cab of the SMS that I can install that might fix it?

As for the Animation Weather Wallpaper, Yes selecting the EnergyRom wallpaper works! Then push the Hangup or phone down button and it will animate.

I wonder if there is a different Nov 27 Rom that the text works like it should or if I knew it does work for others it might be a problem on my end, should I re-flash?

When I flashed I went to Stock, Wiped and cleaned cache from the settings menu (which acts like a hard reset) Flashed Nov27 Rom then Wiped it again.
Should I have just Hard Reset and not the internal Wipe option?

Thanks for all your support guys!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks kirill123, iliketosneeze and beestea!

I'm stumped as to why the text message tab wont select the phone number for the person I type in but instead picks their e-mail contact and it then errors out sending. Even when I select Add Recipient it wont let me type in any thing or select a contact. This was the same thing on the Nov25th Rom as well, I was hoping this new one would fix it.
I wonder if beestea and I are the only ones this is happening to on the 28005 Victor 27.Nov.2009 StandardM2.5 LITE Rom?

Is there a .cab of the SMS that I can install that might fix it?

As for the Animation Weather Wallpaper, Yes selecting the EnergyRom wallpaper works! Then push the Hangup or phone down button and it will animate.

I wonder if there is a different Nov 27 Rom that the text works like it should or if I knew it does work for others it might be a problem on my end, should I re-flash?

When I flashed I went to Stock, Wiped and cleaned cache from the settings menu (which acts like a hard reset) Flashed Nov27 Rom then Wiped it again.
Should I have just Hard Reset and not the internal Wipe option?

Thanks for all your support guys!
I'm running Nov. 27 28005 w/2.5 and I'm not experiencing what (I think) you're describing. Does it take you to their email when replying to a text or only when composing a new message? What if the contact doesn't have an email address? I hate to ask, but I just want to make sure... Are you sure you're on the text tab, and not email? Double check to make sure the Messaging tab is enabled in Settings>Personalize>Home Screen Tabs. Also, can you send a text by opening a contact and clicking the second little sub-tab (not sure what you'd call those...)?

You'll also get the animation after you exit the start menu.

Wiping the Internal Storage is a good idea, as sometimes there are installed programs or caches left over that will conflict with other things. That was a big problem for me with G-Alarm, until I realized that.

EDIT: You could try a cab to disable Manila messaging. I don't have one for 2.5, but maybe someone else here could help with that one...?

Last edited by ksj; 12-01-2009 at 09:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development