View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) ** |Nov27| Sense 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
Thanks kirill123, iliketosneeze and beestea!

I'm stumped as to why the text message tab wont select the phone number for the person I type in but instead picks their e-mail contact and it then errors out sending. Even when I select Add Recipient it wont let me type in any thing or select a contact. This was the same thing on the Nov25th Rom as well, I was hoping this new one would fix it.
I wonder if beestea and I are the only ones this is happening to on the 28005 Victor 27.Nov.2009 StandardM2.5 LITE Rom?

Is there a .cab of the SMS that I can install that might fix it?

As for the Animation Weather Wallpaper, Yes selecting the EnergyRom wallpaper works! Then push the Hangup or phone down button and it will animate.

I wonder if there is a different Nov 27 Rom that the text works like it should or if I knew it does work for others it might be a problem on my end, should I re-flash?

When I flashed I went to Stock, Wiped and cleaned cache from the settings menu (which acts like a hard reset) Flashed Nov27 Rom then Wiped it again.
Should I have just Hard Reset and not the internal Wipe option?

Thanks for all your support guys!
I'm running Nov. 27 28005 w/2.5 and I'm not experiencing what (I think) you're describing. Does it take you to their email when replying to a text or only when composing a new message? What if the contact doesn't have an email address? I hate to ask, but I just want to make sure... Are you sure you're on the text tab, and not email? Double check to make sure the Messaging tab is enabled in Settings>Personalize>Home Screen Tabs. Also, can you send a text by opening a contact and clicking the second little sub-tab (not sure what you'd call those...)?

You'll also get the animation after you exit the start menu.

Wiping the Internal Storage is a good idea, as sometimes there are installed programs or caches left over that will conflict with other things. That was a big problem for me with G-Alarm, until I realized that.

EDIT: You could try a cab to disable Manila messaging. I don't have one for 2.5, but maybe someone else here could help with that one...?

Last edited by ksj; 12-01-2009 at 09:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.