PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
Got it, thanks!

I notice in your 28014 rom the text messages don't have the sms 2016 bug (which there's now a fix for). How is yours working ok? are you using the phone timestamp fix or is it because you have a different sms/mms app (and that version doesn't have the bug) or what?
I honestly have no idea why its working fine...I thought it was kinda wierd.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi da_reeseboy,

do you have a cab for your taskbar?

thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 10:15 AM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
Hi da_reeseboy,

do you have a cab for your taskbar?

thanks
Its a TSOwen taskbar. You can find his taskbars in the custom WM6.5 taskbars thread here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65911
Old 01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I honestly have no idea why its working fine...I thought it was kinda wierd.
Strange!!! I did notice your text messaging app did something unusual the other day. It gave me "an MMS package", I'm not sure why. It had Someone's text needed to be opened and it showed MMS details that made it look like it was maybe a voice message of duration 5 s, but it wasn't, it was a text. This is what displayed. Have you seen this before?

Maybe we're running 6.6! They say the 2016 bug is fixed in 6.6!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (12.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
Strange!!! I did notice your text messaging app did something unusual the other day. It gave me "an MMS package", I'm not sure why. It had Someone's text needed to be opened and it showed MMS details that made it look like it was maybe a voice message of duration 5 s, but it wasn't, it was a text. This is what displayed. Have you seen this before?

Maybe we're running 6.6! They say the 2016 bug is fixed in 6.6!
That MMS in the text thread itself is new for Arcsoft MMS ver 5.2.x. I really like it myself.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
That MMS in the text thread itself is new for Arcsoft MMS ver 5.2.x. I really like it myself.
I don't really like it because this wasnt' really an MMS message (I think) and since it came as a package, it don't think it got read to me by voice command like most text messages. I've also been getting some strange notification messages at times. Don't remember the exact verbage, but they are not very informative, I'm not sure what causes them and then they go away. I think it said notification error, but I'm not sure.

multi-tasking with sportypal, media player, bluetooth and more while skiing produced no other problems except heavy battery usage.

Another item I noticed is the lack of a camera icon / program from the start menu. I know it's there because I can get to it through camera shots or album, well at least I did yesterday. Camera shots just hung up on me and I soft reset. not sure what's going on? was able to get back to camera after soft reset through camera shots app and whats the best way to add it to programs menu?

Another bug/feature, you seem to have stripped out some help menus. This might have been to conserve memory, but when I'm in help (I was searching for camera, only found help) got an error message when hitting contents within help, also couldn't find a way out of help except by hitting today button. It's really annoying theirs not taskmenu which allows quick switching/closing of open apps. I'm tempted to load quickmenu, I've liked it in the past, but also had problems not sure if it was quickmenu or the rom. Any comments? Have you tried quickmenu? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340352 It's on several roms, so I would think you've tried it? Is it even compatible with these newer roms? I think last time I installed it on a newer sys I got a warning. That might have been just before that rom got flaky. It's hard to keep all the roms straight!

Last edited by etski; 01-18-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Still running without a hard reset, but things have gotten a little flakey at times. I once again got a notification today like before, it just just MSG WARNING, there was a title to the box that I believe said TITLE ERROR or something similar, it was light and hard to read and I couldn't capture the screen because I had to dismiss the message. Not quite sure what caused it. Maybe a service issue. I've been playing with home only and no data roaming when I'm in poor sprint service areas because my battery drains too quickly, I suspect because of service polling. Are there any battery save service options? I haven't seen them and I would love to suspend polling for say 15 minutes or so when out of area. Am I missing something? Any input would be appreciated!

My biggest issue is probably the lack of a quick way to use the camera.

I'm thinking about flashing again soon, so if you have anything newer than what you last posted, please post again. You're obviously busy because I've had no response to my last post, so if anyone else has any feedback or similar experiences , please post it.

I recieved some emails from a friends iphone with jpg's attached that wouldn't open when I clicked on them. When I saved them, they opened fine, but then the very top of the image remained when I closed the viewer and obscured the status bar at the top. Nothing I tried, short of a soft reset, cleared it.

Can't think of any other issues right now, except how annoying it is not to be able to view and switch to open apps, been loving the rom and might just keep running it unless you post something else or it get's flakier. the task manager and smaller menus are a big draw. I think I'll be flashing soon!

Thanx again, hope all is well!

ET

Last edited by etski; 01-26-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

The00Stranger is a n00b

da_reeseboy are you still with us or have you gone to TP2? - I try others but keep coming back to your rom.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

unreal253 is a n00b

Quote:
Its a TSOwen taskbar. You can find his taskbars in the custom WM6.5 taskbars thread here - xxx
Okay I've tried replacing the dlls and the cab version for 6.5.x and they still dont run right. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I reallly really want this taskbar to install on an 6.5.x rom PLEAASE help
Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal253 View Post
Okay I've tried replacing the dlls and the cab version for 6.5.x and they still dont run right. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I reallly really want this taskbar to install on an 6.5.x rom PLEAASE help
I might just reflash since there are some new SYS builds out that are probably more efficient than the 6.5.x you're currently using. If you don't want to reflash, I'd uninstall every taskbar mod you have so far done, soft reset, then reinstall the cab and soft reset and see if that does anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development