PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS.

4n41o9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

is it true there is a sense ui for the 21887 titaniuM?

:SMILE:
Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n41o9 View Post
is it true there is a sense ui for the 21887 titaniuM?

:SMILE:
Unofficial one here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1245
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS.

4n41o9 is a n00b

alright, ive tried the sense and the titanium.

i definitely prefer the titanium except for the fact its missing two things that the sense has . ( KEYBOARD & CALENDAR)

i hate the wm calendar, and that is something i cant function without on my phone.

so im going to stick with the sense ui.

thanks soooo much.
im fairly new to this flashing stuff, ive tried about three or four roms today.
this 21887 is my fave build. it is speedy, stable, and has all the apps i need built in.

Awesome work Reeseboy.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks, thats what I like to hear.

Titanium calendar is definitely lacking at the moment. I'll keep an eye out for other possibles there for sure.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

well, last night I loaded up your 28014 w/old titanium. thought it was supposed to be sprint, took me a while to realize it was generic and I needed to run sprint carrier cabs, but once I did, things started working better. I don't really use the titanium. I turned it off and use htchome2 and it seems to work fine on here. A couple of questions:

1) The only app I found so far that doesn't work is IE, the icon is there in programs, but nothing happens when I push it except it getting highlighted. I think I read about this earlier in this thread (or another, it took me a while to remember which rom I was running, lol, I thought I had loaded mystery, but then I solved it), but I couldn't find the ie cab they were pointing to. If anyone has a good ie cab or a link to it, that would be helpful.

2) Doesn't seem to have battery monitor and I always like that and I've never found a cab or documentation for it, so if anyone has a link to that, please post!

3) Opera 10 beta doesn't seem to autorotate or use the zoom wheel. Any ideas how to make those work? I've had similar problems on other roms with the zoom wheel and then somehow it starts working. I wish I knew how or why!

4) I miss the X task manager in the upper right hand corner to close and switch apps. I don't know why they got rid of that. Anyone know how to get it back or something equivalent?

5) I see discussions about themes & .tsk's but what I really want is smaller menus. I hate having to scroll on email to hit send/receive! It's just dangerous while driving! How do I make the menus smaller? Is it just a different theme or tsk? if so, does anyone have one that will work with this rom and give me small menus (without losing anything else)?

Looks really good in general! It's my first try with one of your roms! Thanx for all the work! I really like it so far! I'll comment more after I've played (and skied) with it. Any comparisons/comments/discussions between 28014 and 21882 or earlier releases would be helpful and educational. I see many 28014's out there, is the general opinion that this is the most stable of the new flavors? What does 218xx have that this doesn't?

thanx again!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
well, last night I loaded up your 28014 w/old titanium. thought it was supposed to be sprint, took me a while to realize it was generic and I needed to run sprint carrier cabs, but once I did, things started working better. I don't really use the titanium. I turned it off and use htchome2 and it seems to work fine on here. A couple of questions:

1) The only app I found so far that doesn't work is IE, the icon is there in programs, but nothing happens when I push it except it getting highlighted. I think I read about this earlier in this thread (or another, it took me a while to remember which rom I was running, lol, I thought I had loaded mystery, but then I solved it), but I couldn't find the ie cab they were pointing to. If anyone has a good ie cab or a link to it, that would be helpful.

2) Doesn't seem to have battery monitor and I always like that and I've never found a cab or documentation for it, so if anyone has a link to that, please post!

3) Opera 10 beta doesn't seem to autorotate or use the zoom wheel. Any ideas how to make those work? I've had similar problems on other roms with the zoom wheel and then somehow it starts working. I wish I knew how or why!

4) I miss the X task manager in the upper right hand corner to close and switch apps. I don't know why they got rid of that. Anyone know how to get it back or something equivalent?

5) I see discussions about themes & .tsk's but what I really want is smaller menus. I hate having to scroll on email to hit send/receive! It's just dangerous while driving! How do I make the menus smaller? Is it just a different theme or tsk? if so, does anyone have one that will work with this rom and give me small menus (without losing anything else)?

Looks really good in general! It's my first try with one of your roms! Thanx for all the work! I really like it so far! I'll comment more after I've played (and skied) with it. Any comparisons/comments/discussions between 28014 and 21882 or earlier releases would be helpful and educational. I see many 28014's out there, is the general opinion that this is the most stable of the new flavors? What does 218xx have that this doesn't?

thanx again!
1. There is a problem with the IE in 28014 - a package is missing so it doesn't work.

2. Battery monitor cab is in this post - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=17

3. I don't think that version of Opera supported autorotate or the zoom wheel. From what I understand it is in the newest release of Opera 10 tho... sorry

4. The X task manager to close apps no longer works in the wm 6.5.x SYS's, not since the buttons have been moved to the bottom and enlarged. This is just a growing pain that eventually will be remedied.

5. If you want the smaller menu's, I would recommend a 218xx build - its the main wm 6.5 branch that is getting regular updates and is very stable and fast. Just to clarify, wm 6.5 kept the start menu and X on the top of the screen and kept smaller menu's by default. Whereas wm 6.5.x (6.5.1, 6.5.3, etc) has moved the buttons to the bottom and enlarged them and the menu's by default. As a result, HTC's Task Manager no longer works for closing programs because of the relocation of the X.

Thanks for the feedback on it.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
1. There is a problem with the IE in 28014 - a package is missing so it doesn't work.

2. Battery monitor cab is in this post - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=17

3. I don't think that version of Opera supported autorotate or the zoom wheel. From what I understand it is in the newest release of Opera 10 tho... sorry

4. The X task manager to close apps no longer works in the wm 6.5.x SYS's, not since the buttons have been moved to the bottom and enlarged. This is just a growing pain that eventually will be remedied.

5. If you want the smaller menu's, I would recommend a 218xx build - its the main wm 6.5 branch that is getting regular updates and is very stable and fast. Just to clarify, wm 6.5 kept the start menu and X on the top of the screen and kept smaller menu's by default. Whereas wm 6.5.x (6.5.1, 6.5.3, etc) has moved the buttons to the bottom and enlarged them and the menu's by default. As a result, HTC's Task Manager no longer works for closing programs because of the relocation of the X.

Thanks for the feedback on it.
Thanx for the quick response and addressing all my questions, now I just wish you had a 218xx build that you think is stable. You say 218xx is very stable, but your only rom with it is 21882 and you warn that it's buggy ?!?! what's a geek to do?

1) so no cab install for a working IE?
2) I'll download it and install it! Thx!
3) too bad, I like the wheel, and kind of like autorotate, but it's usually slow
4) hmmmm
5) If anyone finds a theme or tsks that will work in 28014 to give me small menus, I would be happy! I thought indagroove had given me small menus after they changed to big menus, but that was on 6.5 I believe.

I will keep testing and using this rom, till I break it, like I do most things, then maybe try a 218xx. I'm going to go skiing and see if sportypal works better to track my ski runs without breaking by bluetooth helmet connection like it did on my last rom!

keep up the good work!!!! Thx again!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Got the battery monitor, thx!!!

So far this rom has been working pretty much flawlessly (except for the minor issues mentioned above). I forgot to turn on my sportypal gps tracking while skiing using bluetooth helmet playing media player, oh well, I need more testing, oops. I did test with skype, google maps, bing, all at once, phone got hot, burned through battery, but everything zipped along! Downloaded opera 10 beta 2 and autorotate works in that version, but still no zoom wheel.

I'd still love small menus if anyone has a .tsk or theme that will do that, I'll be very thrilled if you post it, but at this point I'm very happy, so if you're thinking about it, download this rom! You won't be disappointed.

Anyone have an ie cab that works well on this rom or will they just not work on this sys for some reason?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Etski, did you ever get the pm I sent you?

...just wondering...
Old 01-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Etski, did you ever get the pm I sent you?

...just wondering...
Got it, thanks!

I notice in your 28014 rom the text messages don't have the sms 2016 bug (which there's now a fix for). How is yours working ok? are you using the phone timestamp fix or is it because you have a different sms/mms app (and that version doesn't have the bug) or what?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development